Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:49 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,809,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What was the logic in accusing a SCOTUS appointee of a crime without a credible accuser, evidence, time-frame, location, witnesses or clear understanding of what they claim took place?

The left is desperate, they want 24/7 media coverage of a few thousand dark skinned children crying at the US border right before the midterms whether it's complete bull**** or not.
We will pray for you TMYK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 01:53 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
A lot of these Trumpers go to the rallies to get a sense of community that they feel is lacking in their own communities, even when those communities are predominantly white. I wish they understood that the could have pride in who they are without uniting behind this pied piper of hate, who ties their identity and their value solely to race. Rural and poor whites do struggle, but their struggle is not over and against an "encroaching" ethnic minority, like Trump makes it seem. Their struggle is in lots of ways the same as the struggle of the ethnic minority, but they don't see it. I don't hope they get their comeuppance, I just hope they wake up and join the community of folks that are working for real change and social justice. And I hope the folks working for social justice figure out how to welcome them, instead of shaming them and caricaturing them, too.
Great comment. There's a lack of sense of community in a lot of places in this country and it has to do not only with division by race, but also by income and urban vs. rural. I'd argue that's due to the actions of both parties to some degree, but at this point a good chunk of these MAGA people see Trump as some type of "racial realist" (using the term extremely loosely), based mostly on his actions and somewhat on his words. Countless threads on 4chan and Stormfront (I like to read everything I can, regardless of whether or not I agree with it) back me up. Those people think Trump is a new age David Duke and there's plenty of the so-called "silent majority" in this country that agree with that sentiment, even if they won't express it in public (or just behind the cloak of anonymity on an online forum).

Old 10-23-2018, 01:54 PM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
We will pray for you TMYK.
He's never going to directly address or answer any of the actual issues, just throw around lazy talking points demonizing Democrats as if that gets us anywhere. That's what passes for political debate these days.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:44 PM

1,835 posts, read 3,267,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Mark, you will never admit it but you are so much like Trump in that you love to project your own shortcomings onto others.
I feel sorry for you. You live in an alternate universe where over half the country are apparently angry, misogynistic, women hating, racists, clinging to god, gun, and religion.

Turn the tv off, stop reading left wing propaganda, and go talk to real, live, people.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:49 PM

150 posts, read 134,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Those people think Trump is a new age David Duke and there's plenty of the so-called "silent majority" in this country that agree with that sentiment, even if they won't express it in public (or just behind the cloak of anonymity on an online forum).

You are so full of it.

Implying that the silent majority of Conservatives who vote Republican are white supremacist Neo-Nazi racists is exactly why the silent majority of Conservatives will continue to win, silently. I can find the same type of radical drivel posted on a Black Lives Matter(racists), Occupy, Antifa, Nation of Islam (racists), or La Raza (racists) message board. What does it say about liberal Democrat voters that all these racist/hate groups align themselves with liberal Democrats?

Over the past several years, it has been very revealing while observing my liberal friends, family, and acquaintances lose their minds in political discussions with myself and other conservative friends, family, or acquaintances. I have realized nearly all liberals are incapable of healthy debate, listening to both sides, or accepting mutual disagreement. While conservatives could laugh and shake it off, I consistently observed liberals become more and more hysterical.

What started to happen is that we--the Conservatives--stopped engaging in political discourse with them. We started to ignore the drivel coming out of their faces, redirected the conversation, or just changed the subject. They wore "I Voted" stickers and proudly proclaimed their allegiance. We voted, passed on the sticker, and didn't say anything. They posted and argued on FB, IG, and the others. We didn't, many of us--myself included--even quit FB all together. They have BETO and Lizzie Fletcher signs in their yards. We don't have any signs in our yard.

The liberal media "They" (social and all mainstream) has vilified Conservatives. They say it is OK to hate, if its a Conservative that you hate. They've made bashing Conservatives their primary effort. They glorify the bashing, give it screen time, justify it, and attempt to make it sexy--to incite even more of it. They adulate liberals and Democrats, and chastise Conservatives and Republicans. And yet, despite the constant bashing, insults, vilification, and negativity, Conservatives have still won.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:52 PM

150 posts, read 134,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
I feel sorry for you. You live in an alternate universe where over half the country are apparently angry, misogynistic, women hating, racists, clinging to god, gun, and religion.

Turn the tv off, stop reading left wing propaganda, and go talk to real, live, people.

Mark--they are incapable of having adult conversations with people who may hold a different opinion or have a different perspective.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:01 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdark80 View Post
You are so full of it.

Implying that the silent majority of Conservatives who vote Republican are white supremacist Neo-Nazi racists is exactly why the silent majority of Conservatives will continue to win, silently. I can find the same type of radical drivel posted on a Black Lives Matter(racists), Occupy, Antifa, Nation of Islam (racists), or La Raza (racists) message board. What does it say about liberal Democrat voters that all these racist/hate groups align themselves with liberal Democrats?

Over the past several years, it has been very revealing while observing my liberal friends, family, and acquaintances lose their minds in political discussions with myself and other conservative friends, family, or acquaintances. I have realized nearly all liberals are incapable of healthy debate, listening to both sides, or accepting mutual disagreement. While conservatives could laugh and shake it off, I consistently observed liberals become more and more hysterical.

What started to happen is that we--the Conservatives--stopped engaging in political discourse with them. We started to ignore the drivel coming out of their faces, redirected the conversation, or just changed the subject. They wore "I Voted" stickers and proudly proclaimed their allegiance. We voted, passed on the sticker, and didn't say anything. They posted and argued on FB, IG, and the others. We didn't, many of us--myself included--even quit FB all together. They have BETO and Lizzie Fletcher signs in their yards. We don't have any signs in our yard.

The liberal media "They" (social and all mainstream) has vilified Conservatives. They say it is OK to hate, if its a Conservative that you hate. They've made bashing Conservatives their primary effort. They glorify the bashing, give it screen time, justify it, and attempt to make it sexy--to incite even more of it. They adulate liberals and Democrats, and chastise Conservatives and Republicans. And yet, despite the constant bashing, insults, vilification, and negativity, Conservatives have still won.
Honestly, this comes across as someone who only listens to an echo chamber. To you, the media is liberal simply because it doesnt tell you what you want to hear.

Yes Im left of center, but the best man in my wedding and still my best friend loves him some Trump. We talk about ideas of things we like and dont and find we can still come to some common ground. I dont listen to MSNBC and Antifa are a toxic group of people. What has happened in this country is that people only want to hear their own opinions echoed so they find news sources that do that. To Trump voters, anything that doesnt constantly praise him is "fake news". Its not because thats what it actually is, its because thats what they want it to be so they believe it. And yes people on the left do it too.

We live in an era where truth doesnt matter any more. Its even about the media, its about what we see online. The truth is dead and the internet killed it.

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 10-23-2018 at 04:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 PM

13 posts, read 19,995 times
Quote:
You are so full of it.

The Republican party is no longer defined by traditional Conservative values. Trump does not embody traditional social norms and Judeo-Christian values. He is not particularly fiscally conservative, nor an economic liberal. It's not the party of McCain. Your leader has gotten himself into power by appealing to those who have been impacted the most by modernization. Most Trumpers can't coherently define what they believe in. All they want to hear is "2nd amendment, vets, and borders." Nothing this administration has done, or will do, will help these people who were left behind. So yes, you are in power, but what cost?

Old 10-23-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Mark--they are incapable of having adult conversations with people who may hold a different opinion or have a different perspective.
I wouldnt associate myself with him if I were you. I didnt agree with most of what you wrote, but at least you came across as level headed. Earlier in this thread Mark said this in regards to the Honduran caravan :

"Where is your proof the democrats or democrat supporters like Soros did not organize the caravan."

Thats an echo of something weve seen a lot of in regards to conspiracy theories lately: "well, theres no evidence, but there is no non-evidence either". There is no non-evidence that Ted Cruz is a serial killer. There is no non-evidence that Beto O'Rorke lead the Benghazi disaster. Non-evidence, like alternative facts, isnt a thing. That is not an adult conversation.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer9 View Post
The Republican party is no longer defined by traditional Conservative values. Trump does not embody traditional social norms and Judeo-Christian values. He is not particularly fiscally conservative, nor an economic liberal. It's not the party of McCain. Your leader has gotten himself into power by appealing to those who have been impacted the most by modernization. Most Trumpers can't coherently define what they believe in. All they want to hear is "2nd amendment, vets, and borders." Nothing this administration has done, or will do, will help these people who were left behind. So yes, you are in power, but what cost?
THIS 1000%.

Thats Trump's base in a nutshell: people who are hurt by modernization. People who see the country changing and it makes them uncomfortable. Trump doesnt embody Christian values, quite the opposite. But to make right wing Christians comfortable, they re-invented Trump to suit them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston