Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2018, 08:00 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,896,004 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mr. Clutch;53445582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Exactly.

Hillary is so hated by white conservatives it's baffling. I think Doc Brown could go back and pick up ol Adolf circa 1942 and drop him back in 2016 and run him against Hillary and she would STILL lose. With the way it turned out any piece of slime would win....look at the orange piece that did

If you didn't know about Ted's character, you learned it last night. He goes from protecting Heidi from Trump's tweet and name calling to embracing the guy. Wow! Winning is much more important. Integrity? Meh nah[
/QUOTE]

That's my main issue with him - this man went in on your wife in public. Your wife. All that "Leave Heidi alone!" stuff was just what was politically expedient at the time. Now allying with Trump is what's politically expedient, so that's what he does. Pitiful.

When you value power over everything, these are the results you get. I doubt that I'll ever respect him.
And you wouldn't need both hands to count up the national politicians who don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 08:04 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,896,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Any sane AA isn't going to align themselves with a party that's full of people who don't care for them.
And yet they were all Democrats when they were the party of segregation, when Republicans voted for Civil Rights legislation in higher percentages than Democrats. You are just regurgitating talking points. Maybe Democratic policies are just better for more of them (not that the other side doesn't "care for them." Although they can't possibly be better for 90-95%.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:05 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
And a lot of Hillary's supporters cheered her "deplorables" comment and the Democrats keep calling the other side racist. Obama kept denigrating the opposition as if nobody could disagree with them unless they hated Americans. And his supporters really didn't care. We haven't had a president willing to represent the entire country since George W. Bush left office.
And one of the deplorables likes to make bombs and send them to Hillary, Obama and Soros. Ridiculous, just like some of the things you accuse Democrats of.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.43c5d0f39ae3

Again, extremists on both sides, and they don't represent the vast majority of supporters of both sides. I really wish both Dems and Republicans would stop with this incessant s*** flinging that gets no one anywhere and discuss issues.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:57 AM

52 posts, read 46,251 times
African Americans in general need to stop voting for candidates that don’t care about them. Neither democrats or republicans care about us. They just use us for votes. We need to stop begging for acceptance from whites who clearly don’t care about us, and instead start building wealth and improving our own communities. Once we stop entertaining whites and spending all our money at their businesses, and trying to move into their neighborhoods, they will start to take notice.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:20 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer9 View Post
I'm not sure what you want me to use to "back it up." There's not like some sort of litmus test.

1. Hitler blames Jews for society's problems. Trump blames minorities.

2. Xenophobia

3. Use of propaganda. Have you noticed that the MAGA movement has essentially trademarked the U.S. flag? Display of a U.S. flag is almost code-word now for "I'm a MAGA supporter." Look at his tweets. Everyone that he opposes has a nickname (lyin' Ted, crooked Hillary, etc). It sticks with voters.

4. Use of fear-mongering and scare tactics.

5. Creeping authoritarianism. Anyone who disagrees with him is "treasonous" or against America.

I guess saying he's EXACTLY like Hitler is a huge overstatement. They definitely used a similar playbook on their road to power. They're marketing and branding geniuses. They want power however they can get it. They've no principles or belief systems. They'll say and do whatever will resonate with their fan base and support their ascent to power.

None of this really affects me in my little world. I get more side-eyed these days from certain white folks, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm just watching this **** show play out.
But one thing has not changed.

The same people whom Hitler thought controlled the media, government, and finance in the pre-Nazi Germany, have even more power in the USA 100 years later. That has not changed at all.

I am not a right winger or a republican or a democrat or a commie/left winger. Just reading all history books would tell confirm this fact.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:26 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,055,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
But one thing has not changed.

The same people whom Hitler thought controlled the media, government, and finance in the pre-Nazi Germany, have even more power in the USA 100 years later. That has not changed at all.

I am not a right winger or a republican or a democrat or a commie/left winger. Just reading all history books would tell confirm this fact.
I just reported your post. Whatever you say you're not, you are definitely peddling anti-Semitic conspiracy theories here. There is no place for that in civilized discourse. NEVER AGAIN.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:30 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,810,149 times
Quote:
You definitely live in an echo chamber and are projecting. Rep. Scalise, Senator Paul, Senator Cruz, Senator Colins, Sec. Mattis, President Trump. Nevada and Minnesota had assaults by Democrats against Republican candidates in the last week. How many more examples of leftist violence do you need? There are a lot. Now back up your statements. Your list would be pretty short.
Well, here's the latest from the extreme right: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ges/index.html

Old 10-24-2018, 09:33 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,507,167 times
Quote:
And yet they were all Democrats when they were the party of segregation, when Republicans voted for Civil Rights legislation in higher percentages than Democrats. You are just regurgitating talking points. Maybe Democratic policies are just better for more of them (not that the other side doesn't "care for them." Although they can't possibly be better for 90-95%.
This assumes the Democratic party of Lincolns time is the same as the one today. #southernstrategy.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
I just reported your post. Whatever you say you're not, you are definitely peddling anti-Semitic conspiracy theories here. There is no place for that in civilized discourse. NEVER AGAIN.
You are free to report it.

Or lets put it that way, its just a coincidence that the richest happen to have the same DNA - in terms of hard work, perseverance, smartness, intelligence, business acumen combined for years together.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:49 AM

3,163 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdemo View Post
Well, here's the latest from the extreme right: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ges/index.html
Trust me, these facts will be met by radio silence. Inconvenient facts are never addressed by those who prefer simple talking points.

It's always amazing to me that people want to cheerlead for "their team" so bad (two teams that only care about their own well-being at the end of the day) that they will straight up ignore things that they don't want to hear. Maybe some of these people are being paid by political parties, I don't know, but we've really gotten to the point where people want to claim that the "other side" is being extreme with zero acknowledgement of the extremism on their own side.

I laughed yesterday when I saw Rajon Rondo claim he never spit on Chris Paul, despite video evidence existing showing the spit flying. The times we live in are a time when people legitimately think that they can create their own truths. The only reason this works is that as a society we don't think critically anymore - we want others to do our thinking for us in order to reinforce what we already believe, we don't want to challenge our personal belief system (and potentially grow from what we find, uncomfortable as it can be at times). So people like Rondo can say they didn't spit, regardless of the video existing showing the spit, and people who already don't like Chris Paul will believe him. Even Tony Kornheiser said he didn't see any spit. I question how this man can drive with eyesight like that.

I only bring this up to say that in 2018, there are plenty of people that will believe what people they agree with tell them to believe over their "lying eyes". Scary. We've allowed our political parties to use simple human tribalism against us and divide our country to their benefit. That has happened before in numerous countries with predictably disasterous results in almost all cases. None of us benefit from the political situation as it stands today - it makes us weaker domestically and internationally, and in such a way where the effects of our political polarization may only be seen 5, 10, 15 years from now. But we can't continue to have public debates that devolve into "your extremists are worst than our extremists". The extremists are more active now than ever because of this type of behavior and its only going to get worse as we continue down this path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston