Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 07:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
Technically, they won without even a majority of the votes cast. And if you’re Republican you aren’t waiting for the nonvoters to vote, you’re trying to figure out how to suppress them. That tells us something about majority sentiment, doesn’t it? When the ruling party wants less people to vote, it’s probably because they know that public sentiment is against them.
When you calm down and stop answering questions for me I'll consider having a conversation with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 09:03 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,724,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
When you calm down and stop answering questions for me I'll consider having a conversation with you.
It’s ok to be passionate about one’s country. The question was rhetorical—I’m not interested in you trying to answer it.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:30 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Funny,
When Obama came to Houston all I heard was conservatives complaining about the traffic “Obama created”

Old 10-24-2018, 06:40 AM

52 posts, read 46,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I don’t know about you but I’m sick of all these evil white people in this country. Illegal immigration may dilute their influence but realistically they aren’t going anywhere in my lifetime. So my solution is leaving this country to one that has an all black or all brown population. That way, all my problems with these white devils will disappear. I hear that many of those all black & all brown countries are peaceful, progressive and prosperous, too. So who’s with me??

PM me

Old 10-24-2018, 06:47 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,805,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
I don’t know about you but I’m sick of all these evil white people in this country. Illegal immigration may dilute their influence but realistically they aren’t going anywhere in my lifetime. So my solution is leaving this country to one that has an all black or all brown population. That way, all my problems with these white devils will disappear. I hear that many of those all black & all brown countries are peaceful, progressive and prosperous, too. So who’s with me??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoitt View Post
PM me
Looks like we got some Stormfront Tinder going on! Love is in the air!

Old 10-24-2018, 07:36 AM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Nothing wrong with it at all, however it shows the lack of diversity on the right. You can argue whether that is bad or not. Thats the least of my worries with the right.
Actually it shows the lack of political diversity of African Americans. They are 90-95% Democrats.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:47 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer9 View Post
I'm not sure what you want me to use to "back it up." There's not like some sort of litmus test.

1. Hitler blames Jews for society's problems. Trump blames minorities.
Democrats blame white people. The minority Trump blames are the Democrats.
2. Xenophobia
Democrats seem to fear white people (especially the white Democrats) and police of any color.
3. Use of propaganda. Have you noticed that the MAGA movement has essentially trademarked the U.S. flag? Display of a U.S. flag is almost code-word now for "I'm a MAGA supporter." Look at his tweets. Everyone that he opposes has a nickname (lyin' Ted, crooked Hillary, etc). It sticks with voters.
You are just repeating Democratic propaganda.
4. Use of fear-mongering and scare tactics.
Nazis, Xenophobia, creeping authoritarianism. And not a sense of irony with your posts.
5. Creeping authoritarianism. Anyone who disagrees with him is "treasonous" or against America.
Russian collusion? since the Democrats lost.
I guess saying he's EXACTLY like Hitler is a huge overstatement. They definitely used a similar playbook on their road to power. They're marketing and branding geniuses. They want power however they can get it. They've no principles or belief systems. They'll say and do whatever will resonate with their fan base and support their ascent to power.

None of this really affects me in my little world. I get more side-eyed these days from certain white folks, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm just watching this **** show play out.
Shutting down opposition political rallies, hiring people to incite violence at political rallies, firebombing opposition HQs, firing people for their political views, trying to shout down opposing speakers, sending young thugs to disrupt the opposition....As a Jewish friend of mine said, the Democrats were using a lot of brown-shirt activities.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:51 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyrallnamestaken View Post
Let me spell it out to you. White is just one color. There are plenty of people in this city and in this state and in the USA that are not white.

I'm sure lots of them don't see Trump as representing them (not because he is white) by what he does. A president should not divide the country and some of us feel that is exactly what he is doing. But, I believe that he and his supporters don't really care.
And a lot of Hillary's supporters cheered her "deplorables" comment and the Democrats keep calling the other side racist. Obama kept denigrating the opposition as if nobody could disagree with them unless they hated Americans. And his supporters really didn't care. We haven't had a president willing to represent the entire country since George W. Bush left office.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:52 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Actually it shows the lack of political diversity of African Americans. They are 90-95% Democrats.
Any sane AA isn't going to align themselves with a party that's full of people who don't care for them.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:57 AM
bu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
And they've won without being a majority. Do not forget that. In a democratic society, that can only go on for so long. But you're wrong about the media. They don't care one way or the other too much. CNN is happy Trump is president--they've gone to the left so that they can get ratings. They may have left leaning pundits, but those folks are not the network. The network is the calculators who have decided this is best for the time being. It's mainstream media that got Trump elected, and those guys making the big bucks for click and likes are happy about it. The stupidest thing they ever did for democracy was to start publishing Trump's tweets as news stories. I mean, he's already posted the tweets, but he starts getting double coverage? Who can argue with that? What a win for him. And the cycle of shock and horror and then being shocked yet again is a total feint driven by the mainstream media. We need to stop being shocked. This is a guy who actively has discussed how hot his own daughter is. There should be nothing shocking about him anymore--he's crossed all lines of civility and decency that any society has ever abided so don't play coy and pretend it's the liberals who are the transgressive ones here. You all are on the verge of embracing a kind of violence like we haven't seen in half a century, and then you pretend it's the liberals who are violent? What a predictable joke--accuse the other guy of the thing you are doing. It's called projection. Freud had y'all figured out a century ago!
You definitely live in an echo chamber and are projecting. Rep. Scalise, Senator Paul, Senator Cruz, Senator Colins, Sec. Mattis, President Trump. Nevada and Minnesota had assaults by Democrats against Republican candidates in the last week. How many more examples of leftist violence do you need? There are a lot. Now back up your statements. Your list would be pretty short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston