Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 12:46 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,308,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
But Americans DO help those less fortunate. In fact, we are some of the most giving people on the planet. Often, when there is a natural disaster somewhere else...it is Americans that pitch in and help first.
Here we go with this c...
Giving the most money doesn't mean helping the most

For one thing, churches in this country basically have an industry of "giving to Africa"
that I bet anything ... it's just a scam.
And I can say that because I used to send money to my grandmother through relatives and after a months I found out that almost none of it was making it to my grandmother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2021, 01:21 PM

1,952 posts, read 830,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Here we go with this c...
Giving the most money doesn't mean helping the most

For one thing, churches in this country basically have an industry of "giving to Africa"
that I bet anything ... it's just a scam.
And I can say that because I used to send money to my grandmother through relatives and after a months I found out that almost none of it was making it to my grandmother.

You were not here after Katrina or Harvey. Americans DO help each other out when bad things happen and I saw it first hand.

As far as churches..I have no idea and would not make guesses as to where most of them send money. Since they are private organizations, they can send their money wherever they want...I don't care. Is it a "scam?" Maybe with some, with others...maybe not.

Many here have such a dim view of America...I wonder why you all still live here.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:24 PM

19,815 posts, read 18,116,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Only because it's the richest country in the world and has the most money to give. Per capita, it's pretty underwhelming.

I don't know why the link didn't work, but here is the relevant part.

Thanks for the link. The other link was probably fine I'm on my boat with garbage internet.

US charitable participation rates are largely based on political affiliation. What really matters is "we" contribute the most by far.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:34 PM

Quote:
You were not here after Katrina or Harvey. Americans DO help each other out when bad things happen and I saw it first hand.

As far as churches..I have no idea and would not make guesses as to where most of them send money. Since they are private organizations, they can send their money wherever they want...I don't care. Is it a "scam?" Maybe with some, with others...maybe not.

Many here have such a dim view of America...I wonder why you all still live here.
I've noticed the other seems to have a lot of problems.

I know this for a fact. I can give my wife's favorite church $100 here in Dallas and ask them to use that money in New Orleans, Lusaka, Lahore etc. and in no time $100 will be spendable on food, water, meds etc. in my place of choice.

Another thing this same church does every year......they gather up docs, nurses, supplies, volunteers - often high school kids - and meds. and head to places in MX and SA that needs help and just help.

I'm a little tired of people baselessly bashing The US per this and related topics.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:42 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,509,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Only because it's the richest country in the world and has the most money to give. Per capita, it's pretty underwhelming.

I don't know why the link didn't work, but here is the relevant part.
Only 2 Western counties are ranked higher than the US on top of there being over 200 countries on this planet, this actually is a good showing by the US I think...

Old 11-09-2021, 01:56 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,623,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Only 2 Western counties are ranked higher than the US on top of there being over 200 countries on this planet, this actually is a good showing by the US I think...
Jack is right. If you want to give more, you have to keep some money to keep your source of revenue as high as possible to constantly keep having more to give

Old 11-09-2021, 02:09 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,308,525 times
Quote:
I wonder why people are so quick to call somebody an America hater just because they think differently
You know this is the land of the free, right?
That everybody doesn’t have to agree with you

Old 11-09-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I wonder why people are so quick to call somebody an America hater just because they think differently
You know this is the land of the free, right?
That everybody doesn’t have to agree with you
Land of the free means, in part anyway, you get say what you think and others may respond in kind.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:08 PM

9,907 posts, read 6,623,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
He might be less rich but not that much less rich. Like pennies on the dollar for him all things considered and there might even be a contractual clause where he doesn't lose anything if the show was cancelled for some unknown reason. He's still VERY connected and will probably skirt any official lawsuit while LiveNation will get the blame for that.
With the insurance policies, safety transcripts and joint venture papers beginning to roll out, so far you seem to be right. Live Nation is likely to take the the bulk of the lawsuits that are already protected by a huge premium insurance policy. And Travis Scott being sued for “not stopping a show” will be saved by a clause where he didn’t have the authority to stop the show.

Also, social medias have reported to began censoring anti Travis Scott comments. Sounds like something fishy is happening behind the scenes and the brands that partner are teaming up.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
With the insurance policies, safety transcripts and joint venture papers beginning to roll out, so far you seem to be right. Live Nation is likely to take the the bulk of the lawsuits that are already protected by a huge premium insurance policy. And Travis Scott being sued for “not stopping a show” will be saved by a clause where he didn’t have the authority to stop the show.

Also, social medias have reported to began censoring anti Travis Scott comments. Sounds like something fishy is happening behind the scenes and the brands that partner are teaming up.
Any defense that TS couldn't pause the show will be pulverized by showing videos of many other acts stopping shows for fan safety. Lawyers will go after everyone involved with deep pockets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston