Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 10:39 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,999,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I don't think anyone would say the show should stop just because paramedics are called for one person. That will happen at every large concert. But when it becomes a Mass Casualty Event, that should trigger an automatic evacuation of the venue. No negotiations, just get everybody out and deal with the emergency.

It was not a gray area. The show should have stopped. I think most everybody knows that, and it did matter. People were still getting hurt even after it became a Mass Casualty Event.
In legal terms it is certainly a gray area because TS did pause the show when people were hurt. Tell me what clause in the contract says he had to stop the show completely in order to not be sued? Maybe there was one, but you and I don't know that.

What TS's lawyers will argue is that if more people were hurt, then that means at least HPD/HFD and paramedics knew so why didn't they just get on stage to stop the show? If they can stop a show for going longer than time allowed (some places have like an 11P curfew and if the artist still goes on they cut the music and start turning on lights), then why couldn't they do it for this mass casualty event?

I'm not defending him by any means because from his vantage point he could see it was getting very bad, but legally you can't prove it without saying he also tried to stop it at times too. That's why he'll get off "scot free".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2021, 10:59 AM

10,027 posts, read 6,722,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
In legal terms it is certainly a gray area because TS did pause the show when people were hurt. Tell me what clause in the contract says he had to stop the show completely in order to not be sued? Maybe there was one, but you and I don't know that.

What TS's lawyers will argue is that if more people were hurt, then that means at least HPD/HFD and paramedics knew so why didn't they just get on stage to stop the show? If they can stop a show for going longer than time allowed (some places have like an 11P curfew and if the artist still goes on they cut the music and start turning on lights), then why couldn't they do it for this mass casualty event?

I'm not defending him by any means because from his vantage point he could see it was getting very bad, but legally you can't prove it without saying he also tried to stop it at times too. That's why he'll get off "scot free".
Yeah there’s not much that you can get legally out of Scott from not stopping the show. Especially with the set up of authorities given to stop the show.

But where Scott will have legal trouble will be his (now deleted) tweets asking people to sneak in.

Old 11-10-2021, 08:45 PM

6,301 posts, read 7,536,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
This , somebody was injecting people with drugs naritive is pretty lame. They said an Security officer was a victim and was administered anecdote but somehow they can't indentify him. Sounds like HPD is desperate for a narritive that lets them off the hook.

Ultimatelt HDP was responsible for crowd control and secuity and they dropped the ball bigtime.
Just as I suspected this rumor was , is BS. What will the next deflection be !

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner officially disavowed the rumor that a security guard was injected with some kind of drug amid the chaos of November 5. Conspiracy theories have emerged on social media as investigators struggle to put together a clear timeline of events. At a press conference Wednesday, Finner laid to rest the theory that a security guard was injected in the neck with a potentially opioid-laced substance, walking back his previous statements. “Members of the medical team said that a male security guard had come in and said that somebody had pricked his neck,” he said. “We did locate this security guard. His story is not consistent with that. He says he was struck in his head. He went unconscious. He woke up in the security tent. He says that no one injected drugs in him.”

https://www.vulture.com/2021/11/a-se...stroworld.html

Old 11-11-2021, 06:48 AM

18,158 posts, read 25,383,642 times
Quote:
Exactly what I thought, seems to me like this city doesn't give a f about people
Several people die and the first thing they do is say a baseless rumor to push the idea that this happen because people were using drugs.

Goes to show on who's side they are

Old 11-11-2021, 07:10 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,999,394 times
Quote:

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner officially disavowed the rumor that a security guard was injected with some kind of drug amid the chaos of November 5. Conspiracy theories have emerged on social media as investigators struggle to put together a clear timeline of events. At a press conference Wednesday, Finner laid to rest the theory that a security guard was injected in the neck with a potentially opioid-laced substance, walking back his previous statements. “Members of the medical team said that a male security guard had come in and said that somebody had pricked his neck,” he said. “We did locate this security guard. His story is not consistent with that. He says he was struck in his head. He went unconscious. He woke up in the security tent. He says that no one injected drugs in him.”

https://www.vulture.com/2021/11/a-se...stroworld.html
Yep good call Jack. Travis Scott is heavily connected with HPD.

Old 11-12-2021, 01:18 PM

18,158 posts, read 25,383,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Why live somewhere if you dislike it so much? That is my question.
Same reason that people that support secession and secessionists still live here

Old 11-12-2021, 01:24 PM

3,209 posts, read 2,091,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Same reason that people that support secession and secessionists still live here
I do not understand this idea that people shouldn't complain about the bad things about places (especially places they love) - bringing awareness to the problems is the only way they'll get solved.

The whole "Texas, love it or leave it" thing is weak sauce to me. No place is perfect, particularly not this one. And if anyone has the right to complain about it, it's those of us that live here - *not* those who have never set foot here. Texas has a lot of room for improvement for sure though and I for one enjoy hearing both the positives and negatives of other folks experience here.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 24 days ago)

8,462 posts, read 5,603,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
The whole "Texas, love it or leave it" thing is weak sauce to me.
Anyone who uses that phrase is full of it. What they mean is "I like this place, I dont want you changing it, so Id prefer it if you left.".

One piece of irony that never ceases to amaze me is that Ive had a grand total of ONE person in real life suggest I go back to California or tear into California when Ive mentioned I was from there and it was a person at a rental car agency in Longview, TX.

On this forum, its constant and non-stop. Im sure the anonymity plays a role in it, but probably also because the big cities in Texas are full of transplants.

There are already "Texas refugees" that move to place like Wyoming, Tennessee, and rural Colorado and those people are about as happy to see Texans as Texans are to see Californians if these boards are to be believed.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:22 PM

10,027 posts, read 6,722,073 times
Yeah. If I were to have to find a place that’s completely perfect In every sense, I wouldn’t be able to live because it just doesn’t exist. I overall like it here. Don’t like some things about it. Love our international community. Shopping scene. I hate our public transport system.

Considering some people here are constantly bashing our local liberal politicians and our constant growth, something tells me this isn’t a utopia for them either. So, why not ask yourself “don’t like it, leave”.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:27 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,567,567 times
I am very glad that we are not offering our condolences to any of the posters here for losing a child or family member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston