Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 10:27 AM

8,357 posts, read 5,521,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Nah a quick google search on it will tell you thats not true. Several people have called out the occult symbolism and satanic worshipers in the major political parties (so that includes democrats, repubs, etc.).
As a Satanist myself, all I can do is laugh at this BS.

No one has a freaking clue who we are, what we do, or anything of the like. They basically just want to push all they feel that is bad upon us because they have no other way to explain it. Something bad happened to a good person? It must have been Satan. You did something bad and you dont know why? Must have been affected by Satan.

Thats why we proudly hold up the goat as our symbol. In old Jewish tradition, they would gather around the innocent goat, cast their "sins" onto it, and then either sacrifice it or cast it out. Thats also where the term scapegoat comes from. But of course we do not sacrifice goats or any animal even though that is something that gets cast upon us as well.

Satan is like the goat. He is blamed for all the worlds problems and has nothing to do with them. Man needs no help from the Satan. Man is evil and greedy enough on his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 10:29 AM

2,549 posts, read 4,056,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post

No one has a freaking clue who we are, what we do, or anything of the like. They basically just want to push all they feel that is bad upon us because they have no other way to explain it. Something bad happened to a good person? It must have been Satan. You did something bad and you dont know why? Must have been affected by Satan.

Thats why we proudly hold up the goat as our symbol. In old Jewish tradition, they would gather around the innocent goat, cast their "sins" onto it, and then either sacrifice it or cast it out. Thats also where the term scapegoat comes from. But of course we do not sacrifice goats or any animal even though that is something that gets cast upon us as well.

Satan is like the goat. He is blamed for all the worlds problems and has nothing to do with them. Man needs no help from the Satan. Man is evil and greedy enough on his own.
I'd like to rep you for the most fascinating post of the day, but I can't. So here's a virtual +1.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:31 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,308,525 times
Im a Christian and I agree with you
The Bible says that being a Christian means that you are going to suffer … in this life

Old 11-08-2021, 11:41 AM

19,815 posts, read 18,116,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
There’s a reason that me and DabOnEm (the only people here that know the fanbase) understand the problems that would have occured if the show was canceled.

Apparently NRG Security actually spoke out on this. Despite their horrendous work, I think they know a little more than a PR quote from the Kardashian family and a bunch of older guys on this thread.

Spare me the agism. I don't care about your age or social affiliation with the cadre as it were. Not stopping or at least pausing the concert will be judged an error of tremendous consequence.

Unless HPC Chief Finner is lying he spoke with Scott and apparently Scott's team earlier in the day about security worries.

If pausing or cancelling the show would have caused a riot we need to talk about that as problem unto itself.

I've been to hard rock, death metal and black metal concerts all over the world, Reggae Sunsplash in Montego Bay 4x......never once expierenced anything remotely like the breakdown in Houston.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but the only other fatal crowding music event in The US I recall was The Who disaster in Cincinnati. A). that was 40+ years ago B). every death was due to more or less zero crowd control and bad radio information. C). the band wasn't told until after the show was over/all deaths occurred near two outside doors.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:57 AM

9,908 posts, read 6,623,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Spare me the agism. I don't care about your age or social affiliation with the cadre as it were. Not stopping or at least pausing the concert will be judged an error of tremendous consequence.

Unless HPC Chief Finner is lying he spoke with Scott and apparently Scott's team earlier in the day about security worries.

If pausing or cancelling the show would have caused a riot we need to talk about that as problem unto itself.

I've been to hard rock, death metal and black metal concerts all over the world, Reggae Sunsplash in Montego Bay 4x......never once expierenced anything remotely like the breakdown in Houston.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but the only other fatal crowding music event in The US I recall was The Who disaster in Cincinnati. A). that was 40+ years ago B). every death was due to more or less zero crowd control and bad radio information. C). the band wasn't told until after the show was over/all deaths occurred near two outside doors.
This is a topic people are talking about. If you follow hip hop more closely you’d see a group of fan bases are more passionate and wild. Travis is one of them. And directly welcomes breaking down fences (tweets now deleted)

For your last paragraph, there’s been a few other cases. Such as the Pearl Jam incident. And of course Woodstock but their overall problems were much larger than just crowding/stampeding so that one is grouped differently.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:02 PM

18,132 posts, read 25,308,525 times
It's very naive to think that "it would have been worse to stop the concert"
I just saw a video clip where Travis Scott was crowd surfing, somebody tried to steal his shoe
Travis Scott stopped the concert for a few minutes to make sure that that guy got kicked out of the concert

Old 11-08-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
It's very naive to think that "it would have been worse to stop the concert"
I just saw a video clip where Travis Scott was crowd surfing, somebody tried to steal his shoe
Travis Scott stopped the concert for a few minutes to make sure that that guy got kicked out of the concert
It’s pretty naive to think that a few minutes pause the equivalent of canceling a show in front of a crowd that’s already chaotic. It’s also pretty naive to pretend to be an expert about an event you neither went nor knew much about.

Again, there’s a reason DabOmEm and I are the only ones aware of the potential that could have happened from canceling. I don’t agree with his Satanic propaganda but he certainly knows the festivsl business more than anyone on this thread so far.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:15 PM

8,357 posts, read 5,521,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
It’s pretty naive to think that a few minutes pause the equivalent of canceling a show in front of a crowd that’s already chaotic. It’s also pretty naive to pretend to be an expert about an event you neither went nor knew much about.

Again, there’s a reason DabOmEm and I are the only ones aware of the potential that could have happened from canceling. I don’t agree with his Satanic propaganda but he certainly knows the festivsl business more than anyone on this thread so far.
Are fans of his music more selfish and unreasonable than other genres?

Im not familiar with his fan base of festivals where pop stars and rappers play, but Im extremely family with metal festivals that do attract 10s of thousands of people in Europe and parts of the US and stuff like that never happens even in cases of delay or cancellation.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:17 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,982,193 times
Quote:

Why didn't you just say the Baphomet? You know it's not a literal goat. Yes we know satanism initially evolved from jewish people who practiced worshipping the devil, and this was spread throughout the vatican. That's why you see gods like Moloch worshiped (aka sacrificing children) and some of that symbolism was also at Astroworld...

There sections of pretty much every major religion where those practicing it believe their leaders to actually be practicing satanism which is why some have turned away from the religions they grew up with. All satanism is the other side to the religion coin. I'd bet anything that Pope Francis practices satanism in private. What makes me distrust satanists the most is when they say "oh that's not us" even though we have so much evidence of satanists practicing negative/evil things, sacrificing, using demonic imagery, producing weird artwork, etc.

Do you think you would see this kind of thing at a Christian concert for example? I don't think so. Not saying Christians are morally superior or anything, but you can't deny the differences. I think the sect I'm more referring to may be Lucifereans though. Not sure which sect you identify most closely with but this one is the one most entertainers are a part of. Meanwhile the most "out-there" section of Christianity is probably the Amish who live happy lives.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Are fans of his music more selfish and unreasonable than other genres?
The only hip hop fan bases I can think of that are around Travis Scott’s level is Playboi Carti and maybe A$ap Rocky. Ironically, Playboy Carti had a chaotic event himself at (ironically) NRG. He canceled a big portion of the rest of his tour after this event and other similar events.

https://youtu.be/2MYhX5N-OVg

Travis directly asked his fans to break down gates, sneak the wild ones in, etc in responses to prior sneak ins. So 2020 rolls around, now they know Travis has their back. Not only do they have the idea of doing it but Travis now ASKED them to. And apparently, even the most passionate Travis Scott fans now admit that it was irresponsible to make these kind of tweets. A few days ago, they would’ve laughed at that idea.

Those tweets are what actually give Travis a chance to get a healthy lawsuit while Drake probably won’t get much out of his.

At the festival, I’d estimate only 25-30% attendees were from Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston