Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 11:14 AM

24,006 posts, read 15,100,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Why are you laughing? Tell us how police can solve shootings when no witness is talking, there's no camera footage, or any other useful data.
There is a device when installed that can monitor the sound of gunshots and which direction they are coming from. It's expensive. Commissioners Garcia installed a few in his precinct to see if they did any good.

IIRC, commissioners didn't vote to install any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 01:58 PM

15,444 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There is a device when installed that can monitor the sound of gunshots and which direction they are coming from. It's expensive. Commissioners Garcia installed a few in his precinct to see if they did any good.

IIRC, commissioners didn't vote to install any more.
It's called ShotSpotter. It's not that great, and it doesn't provide any other details than the approximate direction and distance to a gunshot. If there are no cameras and no witnesses, there is little police can do.

Old 09-26-2022, 02:03 PM

8,355 posts, read 5,517,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
lol…denial at its finest
Please provide data to support that. Not a news article about someone who died, but actual data.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:18 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times
Absolute travesty...Harris county court system is comic relief

"To make their agony worse, during the seven-year delay, court records show the suspect has been granted bond twice, and violated bond conditions at least four times.
He is currently walking free."

https://abc13.com/ayesha-talat-murde...emah/12269221/

Old 09-27-2022, 06:48 AM

225 posts, read 136,228 times
Quote:

"To make their agony worse, during the seven-year delay, court records show the suspect has been granted bond twice, and violated bond conditions at least four times.

Tragic. There are some people on this thread claiming that violent criminals are not being released. Talk about sticking your head in the sand.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:

What bond conditions were violated? If he failed a drug test or can't pay the fees associated with being on bond, then it's not that big a deal. There are lots of ways to violate bond conditions that do not involve any danger to the community. If the defendant has appeared for all court dates, and has not been charged with any additional offenses, then there's no reason to just lock them up.

Of course murder suspects are out on bond. They are entitled to reasonable bond under the US Constitution and under state law.

I get that the sister wants closure, but it's none of her business how the case goes. It's not about her, her family, or anyone else. There's a reason that criminal cases are styled "The State of Texas vs <name of defendant>".

Old 09-27-2022, 09:42 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,058,967 times
Quote:
What bond conditions were violated? If he failed a drug test or can't pay the fees associated with being on bond, then it's not that big a deal. There are lots of ways to violate bond conditions that do not involve any danger to the community. If the defendant has appeared for all court dates, and has not been charged with any additional offenses, then there's no reason to just lock them up.

Of course murder suspects are out on bond. They are entitled to reasonable bond under the US Constitution and under state law.

I get that the sister wants closure, but it's none of her business how the case goes. It's not about her, her family, or anyone else. There's a reason that criminal cases are styled "The State of Texas vs <name of defendant>".
I disagree completely. It would be one thing if the guy got picked up for drugs or theft or something and violated bond conditions. I could see some leniency there. It's another thing when the charge is MURDER. He violates, he should be sent to jail, no questions asked. I know people who were on bond for drugs or simple assault who violated the conditions and got taken back to jail. But this guy, out on a murder charge violates four times and is STILL walking free?

Something is very, very wrong with this picture.

Old 09-27-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
I disagree completely. It would be one thing if the guy got picked up for drugs or theft or something and violated bond conditions. I could see some leniency there. It's another thing when the charge is MURDER. He violates, he should be sent to jail, no questions asked. I know people who were on bond for drugs or simple assault who violated the conditions and got taken back to jail. But this guy, out on a murder charge violates four times and is STILL walking free?

Something is very, very wrong with this picture.
I looked up the violations. One for a positive drug test, two for failing to pay hundreds of dollars he didn't have for bond fees, and one for a curfew violation when there was a death in the family. None of those bothers me much. And they apparently didn't bother the judge, either. Do you really think someone should be sent to jail for not paying the fees they put on people out on bond?

Old 09-27-2022, 11:00 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,981,215 times
Quote:
I looked up the violations. One for a positive drug test, two for failing to pay hundreds of dollars he didn't have for bond fees, and one for a curfew violation when there was a death in the family. None of those bothers me much. And they apparently didn't bother the judge, either. Do you really think someone should be sent to jail for not paying the fees they put on people out on bond?
Let me jump in here to say YES to that question if someone is out on a murder bond. You better be on the straight and narrow and get any payment plans or extended curfews due to family deaths approved instead of just doing it because you dont give a damn. This is why crime is increasing because crooks are realizing these judges don't care.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:02 AM

225 posts, read 136,228 times
Quote:
She's a citizen and a family member of the victim. She has every right to voice her displeasure with the failed Harris county justice system. The accused killer of her sister has been walking free for 7 years. Why does it take 7+ years to try an accused murderer in Harris County? That's beyond absurd. We seem to have money to spend as I just saw we were bragging about another idiotic gun buyback program to reward criminals for stealing guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston