Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 12:54 PM

869 posts, read 324,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
I think you would agree that gas station restrooms are creepy and scary for both men and women!

In my travels we plan our "comfort breaks' around rest areas or restaurants... gas stations are always a last resort. Bucc-ees, when available, are a good option.
You beat me to it!

But I do understand that women moreso need the better sanitary conditions overall. Unless we've eaten a bad burrito or something, it doesn't take much for us men to go into the can, relieve ourselves, and get out of there. The ladies require quite a bit more, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
You just basically admitted you're gonna stick ya head in the sand on the topic and ignore factual data. LOL And it's only because it's Dallas. There's that Houston insecurity lol.

You can slice and dice ethnicities all you want to but the reality is Dallas has more visitors period.

Like I said I'm willing to bet Houston is more popular than Dallas when it comes to Black pop culture but it hasn't translate to more Black people moving here than DFW. So that's null and void. Atlanta is Atlanta, Houston is not Atlanta even if it's a peer city in Black culture.

More hashtags or not, Dallas still has the bigger brand in pop culture. Yeah Umbrella Academy/ Queen of the South and a reality tv show aren't catering to older folks. And if you want to hang your head on 600 lb life that just shows how **** poor Houston's reputation in tv/film is if that's your frame of reference.

Houston was known as one of the fattest cities in the nation at one point and time. You think that's the kind of publicity we need?

And Dallas is STILL known as the most pretentious and snobbiest city in the nation. Ya know...home of the $30,000 millionaires?

Yea...give me fattest city ANY DAY

Old 08-11-2021, 01:03 PM

10,031 posts, read 6,730,380 times
Dallas’ pretentious stigma is only in Texas imo. In the nation, this easily goes to LA or Orange County.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:09 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,368,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
You beat me to it!

But I do understand that women moreso need the better sanitary conditions overall. Unless we've eaten a bad burrito or something, it doesn't take much for us men to go into the can, relieve ourselves, and get out of there. The ladies require quite a bit more, lol.
Most folks use roadstop restrooms to pee. Theoretically it should not take long, although women on average will take longer than men due to biology and clothing.

But gosh darn it, prior to Bucee’s, there have been times where I’ve wondered if the woman in one of the two functioning stalls had died, she was taking so long. I normally tried using a certain internationally well known fast food chain for their (more often than not) clean restrooms, but there were times the line extended out of the restroom for two stalls, one of which was non-functioning. Sometimes a daring (or desperate) woman would jump over to the men’s. Fun times.

Very happy we now have Bucee’s.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Most folks use roadstop restrooms to pee. Theoretically it should not take long, although women on average will take longer than men due to biology and clothing.

But gosh darn it, prior to Bucee’s, there have been times where I’ve wondered if the woman in one of the two functioning stalls had died, she was taking so long. I normally tried using a certain internationally well known fast food chain for their (more often than not) clean restrooms, but there were times the line extended out of the restroom for two stalls, one of which was non-functioning. Sometimes a daring (or desperate) woman would jump over to the men’s. Fun times.

Very happy we now have Bucee’s.

Can't deny that, lol.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Dallas’ pretentious stigma is only in Texas imo. In the nation, this easily goes to LA or Orange County.
True, but I purposely left that out.

After all, this is a guy who likes to pull opinionated and biased lists like THIS https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nat...eisure-readers out of his arse to try to prove nonexistent points...just figured I'd do the same, lol.

Old 08-12-2021, 11:43 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,846,716 times
Quote:
Ok, you work within the black community I've lived in predominately Black communities in Houston and at the end of the day I'm more tied to Houston Black community due to blood and being a Black Texan. No offense but I'm not from Alabama. I'm born and raised here and my Family along with other families are living proof that the bulk of Black Houstonians lineage can be traced to other parts of Texas more so than Louisiana. To say it's majority Louisiana is false. A significant amount of the Black population is from Louisiana but the majority is not. Southern Louisiana does play a role in the Black culture of Houston, no denying that. But your erasing Black East Texans and Black Texans from smaller towns and freeman towns who migrated to Houston out the picture.

Didn't make the claim Dallas was a leisure hub. There you go exaggerating when I give Dallas props over Houston. I said Dallas gets more tourist than Houston. That's a fact. It's as simple as that. Maybe Houston should do a better job attracting tourist to the city. Apparently Dallas has.

Dallas is still more recognizable in pop culture overall than Houston. Like I stated, Houston wins in Black pop culture. But there's a world outside of Black people and Dallas is just more popular. Rather you dismiss these shows or not these filmmakers still choose Dallas as a location instead of Houston.

Also Umbrella Academy was one of Netflix most streamed shows in a long time.
https://www.businessinsider.com/umbr...witcher-2020-9

And here you are talking about My 600 lb life and an occasional visit to NASA on Big Bang Theory? This is why Houston has more of a marketing image than Dallas. And I highly doubt the elderly would be watching House of Ho. It's a knock off Vietnamese version of The Kardashians. It comes on HBO MAX. I only watched it for the random shots of Houston.

And outside of Film/TV, DFW period is just more of a media hub in general than Houston. It's the 5th biggest market in the country. No matter how many different list I post up of actual data DFW will still show to be a bigger media hub than Houston. TV/Film/Radio...those tend to go hand and hand.

https://mediatracks.com/resources/ni...rankings-2020/

https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast...radio-markets/

https://www.rab.com/public/trueMarket.cfm
I’m not from Alabama either, I live in a predominantly black neighborhood, and I’m not erasing East Texas and other parts of Texas, by claiming that Houston’s black community is majority Louisiana.

And it’s “you’re”, bro.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:25 PM

4,398 posts, read 4,658,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I’m not from Alabama either, I live in a predominantly black neighborhood, and I’m not erasing East Texas and other parts of Texas, by claiming that Houston’s black community is majority Louisiana.

And it’s “you’re”, bro.
Yeah but YOU'RE not from Texas either. And you told me back in 2012 that you were from Alabama, what changed? Isn't 205 Birmingham? Anyway, YOU'RE exaggerating Southwest Louisiana's role in shaping Houston's black community based off a few interactions you've had with people here. Unless you go around keeping track of all the Black Houstonians who have Southwest Louisiana roots I don't see how you can come up with that conclusion.

And let's not be the grammar police BRO. I type fast and sometimes I don't spell check after I submit a post. A simple mistake. If I pulled up every post and DM you've sent me of your bad grammar and punctuation we'd be here all night.

Old 08-12-2021, 02:41 PM

10,031 posts, read 6,730,380 times
Quote:
And let's not be the grammar police BRO. I type fast and sometimes I don't spell check after I submit a post. A simple mistake. If I pulled up every post and DM you've sent me of your bad grammar and punctuation we'd be here all night.
Despite my disagreements with Redlion in this thread, he has a point here. Grammar policing is a put off

Old 08-12-2021, 07:26 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,846,716 times
Quote:
Yeah but YOU'RE not from Texas either. And you told me back in 2012 that you were from Alabama, what changed? Isn't 205 Birmingham? Anyway, YOU'RE exaggerating Southwest Louisiana's role in shaping Houston's black community based off a few interactions you've had with people here. Unless you go around keeping track of all the Black Houstonians who have Southwest Louisiana roots I don't see how you can come up with that conclusion.

I went to school there. I know my interactions I have here and the history I read and what is agates with me. No one is exaggerating.

I’m helping you out with the grammar, bro bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston