Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 09:34 AM

9,905 posts, read 6,617,073 times

Advertisements

As weirdly passionate as you guys are all being in here, y’all got nothing on YouTube comment sections for related topics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 10:40 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,458,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Dude...what threat??

Houston has ALREADY won...biggest CITY in Texas, largest (and best) MEDICAL FACILITIES in Texas, energy capital OF THE WORLD (not JUST Texas), most DIVERSE CITY in the U.S., largest collection of FORTUNE 500 companies in Texas (and 99 percent of them are {} actually within the city limits of Houston ITSELF), home of NASA Command, busiest PORT in the country, most happening HIP-HOP scene in Texas, will be BIG CITY NUMBER 3 after surpassing Chicago in a couple of years...dude...what else do we NEED to prove?? In all reality, Houston "WON" a long time ago, and it's by a long-shot. Anything Dallas "beats" Houston in is either business related (because let's face it...everyone knows that DFW is about as plastic as it gets, and it shows in the resident's attitudes) or Cowboy related.

You should REALLY get over yourselves. Dallas as a city hasn't won ANYTHING. DFW, however, is the force to be reckoned with. And it takes THE WHOLE of DFW to contend with JUST Houston. Seems like you prefer to have selective amnesia when it comes to that fact
....This whole post proves my point....Thanks

Old 08-07-2021, 11:45 AM

869 posts, read 320,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
As weirdly passionate as you guys are all being in here, y’all got nothing on YouTube comment sections for related topics

This is true, gotta admit

Old 08-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
....This whole post proves my point....Thanks

You're welcome!

Old 08-07-2021, 01:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,407,770 times
Quote:
Dude...what threat??

Houston has ALREADY won...biggest CITY in Texas, largest (and best) MEDICAL FACILITIES in Texas, energy capital OF THE WORLD (not JUST Texas), most DIVERSE CITY in the U.S., largest collection of FORTUNE 500 companies in Texas (and 99 percent of them are {} actually within the city limits of Houston ITSELF), home of NASA Command, busiest PORT in the country, most happening HIP-HOP scene in Texas, will be BIG CITY NUMBER 3 after surpassing Chicago in a couple of years...dude...what else do we NEED to prove?? In all reality, Houston "WON" a long time ago, and it's by a long-shot. Anything Dallas "beats" Houston in is either business related (because let's face it...everyone knows that DFW is about as plastic as it gets, and it shows in the resident's attitudes) or Cowboy related.

You should REALLY get over yourselves. Dallas as a city hasn't won ANYTHING. DFW, however, is the force to be reckoned with. And it takes THE WHOLE of DFW to contend with JUST Houston. Seems like you prefer to have selective amnesia when it comes to that fact
1. I guess Phoenix is the 5th largest city by your definition right? DFW is larger than Houston metro period, get over it. Nobody cares about the TMC other than medical professionals.

2. Wrong that title belongs to NYC and LA respectively.

3. Wrong again, busiest port belongs to LA, Houston has the most tonnage through the port but definitely not the busiest.

4. Wrong again, current CSA numbers go:

NYC
LA
Chicago
DC
SF
DFW
BOS
Houston

Houston is 8th, EIGHTH largest city in the nation, you Houstonians are small town folks, accept it.

Old 08-07-2021, 01:59 PM

153 posts, read 110,740 times
Quote:
Dude...what threat??

Spacecitytx, you didn't have to go off like this. It's just light banter. You are going for the jugular and laying down suppressive fire. Play nice.

Let us have our metro. You can have your city. Let's be reasonable about this. No one has to get hurt.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:07 PM

153 posts, read 110,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
1. I guess Phoenix is the 5th largest city by your definition right? DFW is larger than Houston metro period, get over it. Nobody cares about the TMC other than medical professionals.

3. Wrong again, busiest port belongs to LA, Houston has the most tonnage through the port but definitely not the busiest.

NYC
LA
Chicago
DC
SF
DFW
BOS
Houston

Houston is 8th, EIGHTH largest city in the nation, you Houstonians are small town folks, accept it.
LOL!! Blue collar southerners down there with a hint of Louisiana and Dixie twang. They are trying to catch up to DFW. DFW took the throne so swiftly that it caught them all off guard. I'll admit, they are showing some progress. The little houstonians that could. I admire the tenacity and drive. Even through literal hell (heat wise) and high water (floods).

Old 08-07-2021, 06:17 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLegend2000 View Post
That's just in this forum. In real life, Dallasites don't hate on FW. I've been in TX majority of my life and spent many years on both sides.

The hate is very one-sided.

Living in Dallas goes like this: You are there and you may go outside of city limits from time to time but it's usually one or two cities over. Fort Worth never crosses your mind and it's hardly ever talked about (if it's ever talked about). If asked about FW, you may say, "Yea. It's kind of close but I don't know anything about it." or "They are different over there, I rather stick to this side." (different meaning more traditional/conservative/slower pace)

On the other hand, FW hates on Dallas big time:

I'd hear hate for Dallas come up in random conversations at least 2-3x a month. "Traffic over there is crazy," "Politicians are corrupt over there" "It's cleaner and nicer here with less homeless people, unlike Dallas," "Dallas is out of control," etc. I don't know if it's an inferiority complex fueled by Dallas having more name recognition or what. But it's real. On the FW subforum of CD, someone asked, "What does don't Dallas my Fort Worth mean?" That is common to hear in FW but nobody in Dallas talks like that about FW.

And while I'm at it, in real life, the same applies to Houstonians. C-D only makes it seem like there's a lot of hate thrown Houston's way. But when I go to Houston and tell people that I'm from Dallas, one of the first few things I hear is, "Dallas! Really! Why would you want to live up there?" or "I know you are having a good time here because Houston is so much better."

When a Houstonian comes to Dallas, here's the common Dallasite response.

Houstonian: "Oh, I'm just here visiting from Houston."
Dallasite: "Oh ok, cool story bro." {sips iced latte and keeps minding his/her business}

And ppl care about the whole area bc ppl say they are from Dallas and don't even live there. They could live in Addison, Carrolton, Las Colinas, GP, Cedar Hill, Mesquite, etc. Or they may frequent those places to visit or hang out with family/friends. Contrary to popular belief, we do cross over invisible city boundaries quite a bit up here. I probably drove through 6 of them today and it was just 30 minutes outside my home.
My experiences when visiting Dallas are quite the opposite.

Dallasite: Hey how are you

Me: I'm good, just visiting.

Dallasite: Oh really? Where are you from?

Me: Houston

Dallasite: Oh bless your heart! I'm so sorry.

Honestly i feel like cursing them out, but i smile and just politely reply, "Oh really? I''m not!"

I can only recall one time a Dallasite saying , "I've never been to Houston but I hear it's awesome." But the above quote is the norm for me! So I call a BS on anyone that says Dallas isn't concerned with Houston. Why so much shade thrown to a city you're not worried about?

Old 08-07-2021, 07:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post

That's why the rivalry is one sided.....Houstonians are more obsessed with Dallas because they despise the the threat of what Dallas is becoming....
This is crap and you know it. But nice try tho

This is no more true than Dallas craps on Houston whenever Houston gets picked ahead of it for an Olympic bid, sporting event, or something else.

A while back, the Dallas city leaders were sure quick to snide Houston by warning them to watch out for the mosquitos and flying cockroaches once they got eliminated and Houston was still in for consideration.

I love Dallas, but i can't stand it when Dallasites try to act like they're so innocent and act like they could care less to mention Houston, when in reality, anytime Dallas gets a chance to take a cheap shot at Houston, it does it with no problem.

Old 08-07-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post

NYC
LA
Chicago
DC
SF
DFW
BOS
Houston

Lol. Wow.

Okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston