Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 08:57 PM

869 posts, read 324,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamLegend2000 View Post
Spacecitytx, you didn't have to go off like this. It's just light banter. You are going for the jugular and laying down suppressive fire. Play nice.

Let us have our metro. You can have your city. Let's be reasonable about this. No one has to get hurt.

It's funny how you don't take your OWN advice when you or dallasboi are posting some negative comment about Houston.

At least I'M being truthful, lol.

Last edited by spacecitytx; 08-07-2021 at 09:16 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
My experiences when visiting Dallas are quite the opposite.

Dallasite: Hey how are you

Me: I'm good, just visiting.

Dallasite: Oh really? Where are you from?

Me: Houston

Dallasite: Oh bless your heart! I'm so sorry.

Honestly i feel like cursing them out, but i smile and just politely reply, "Oh really? I''m not!"

I can only recall one time a Dallasite saying , "I've never been to Houston but I hear it's awesome." But the above quote is the norm for me! So I call a BS on anyone that says Dallas isn't concerned with Houston. Why so much shade thrown to a city you're not worried about?

Lol...because they know they can't compete. Dallas as a city is a crap-hole compared to Houston, so they resort to the entire DFW area to help them out. Numbers-wise, they come out on top...but only slightly so...and that's about all.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:13 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,412,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
Lol. Wow.

Okay.
You're welcome small towner

Old 08-07-2021, 09:14 PM

I want someone to tell me what exactly is Dallas AS A CITY (NOT DFW) number one in? I've already named Houston's number ones...biggest city in Texas, biggest medical complex in Texas, Energy capital OF THE WORLD, biggest female entertainer IN THE WORLD (Beyonce), biggest female rapper IN THE WORLD right now (Meg), biggest rap scene in Texas, first domed stadium EVER, first RETRACTABLE ROOF stadium EVER...I mean...I can keep going, but that's a lot of BIG number ones on it's own.

So again...please tell me where Dallas wins. SLIGHTLY more walkability (and even that seems to be false according to national walkability scores...they show that Houston areas beat Dallas even in THAT regard!)? Superbowl wins? Okay, I'll give you that. Presidential assassinations? Okay, that was a low blow...but is it any less true?

Old 08-07-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
1. I guess Phoenix is the 5th largest city by your definition right? DFW is larger than Houston metro period, get over it. Nobody cares about the TMC other than medical professionals.

2. Wrong that title belongs to NYC and LA respectively.

3. Wrong again, busiest port belongs to LA, Houston has the most tonnage through the port but definitely not the busiest.

4. Wrong again, current CSA numbers go:

NYC
LA
Chicago
DC
SF
DFW
BOS
Houston

Houston is 8th, EIGHTH largest city in the nation, you Houstonians are small town folks, accept it.

This has to be the DUMBEST response EVER.

Using your logic, no one cares about hockey (which Dallas has and Houston doesn't) except for hockey professionals. I suppose the hockey fans don't count, just like the thousands of good folks being treated in TMC don't count either.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:24 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,056,890 times
Quote:
Dude...what threat??

Houston has ALREADY won...biggest CITY in Texas, largest (and best) MEDICAL FACILITIES in Texas, energy capital OF THE WORLD (not JUST Texas), most DIVERSE CITY in the U.S., largest collection of FORTUNE 500 companies in Texas (and 99 percent of them are {} actually within the city limits of Houston ITSELF), home of NASA Command, busiest PORT in the country, most happening HIP-HOP scene in Texas, will be BIG CITY NUMBER 3 after surpassing Chicago in a couple of years...dude...what else do we NEED to prove?? In all reality, Houston "WON" a long time ago, and it's by a long-shot. Anything Dallas "beats" Houston in is either business related (because let's face it...everyone knows that DFW is about as plastic as it gets, and it shows in the resident's attitudes) or Cowboy related.

You should REALLY get over yourselves. Dallas as a city hasn't won ANYTHING. DFW, however, is the force to be reckoned with. And it takes THE WHOLE of DFW to contend with JUST Houston. Seems like you prefer to have selective amnesia when it comes to that fact
These are facts! You left out Museums and the Performing Arts but let's not rub it in.

Dallas is only on par with Houston in the imaginations of Dallasites! but let them live in their DFW echo chamber...

Old 08-07-2021, 09:30 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,479,948 times
Quote:
It's funny how you don't take your OWN advice when you or dallasboi are posting some negative comment about Houston.

At least I'M being truthful, lol.
I don't post negative stuff about Houston....Don't have to.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:34 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,412,706 times
Quote:

This has to be the DUMBEST response EVER.

Using your logic, no one cares about hockey (which Dallas has and Houston doesn't) except for hockey professionals. I suppose the hockey fans don't count, just like the thousands of good folks being treated in TMC don't count either.
Houston is so lame you guys throw the TMC out there as if anyone is impressed, at least DFW has attractions for guests, what attractions does Houston have? I can't even think of one thing why anyone would come to visit that swamp other than to visit family.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:48 PM

153 posts, read 111,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
My experiences when visiting Dallas are quite the opposite.

Dallasite: Hey how are you

Me: I'm good, just visiting.

Dallasite: Oh really? Where are you from?

Me: Houston

Dallasite: Oh bless your heart! I'm so sorry.

Honestly i feel like cursing them out, but i smile and just politely reply, "Oh really? I''m not!"

I can only recall one time a Dallasite saying , "I've never been to Houston but I hear it's awesome." But the above quote is the norm for me! So I call a BS on anyone that says Dallas isn't concerned with Houston. Why so much shade thrown to a city you're not worried about?
Lol...they are literally sympathizing with you. They aren't intentionally throwing shade. They are being genuine. Even if it's said jokingly, there's elements of truth to every joke. They really are sorry that you subject yourself to living there.

A lot of DFW is plastic. I'll admit that. But it's a nice shiny piece of plastic. In comparison, a lot of Houston looks industrial and run down. There's janky looking businesses all over the place. Plus it's flat, hot, humid, has no winter, and floods.

So forgive us for having a heart. It's like a starving 3rd world child entering a lavish mansion full of food and snacks. Once you find out where the kid is from, you feel a little guilty for having things in abundance. Houstonians are that third world child coming up to our mansion.

Old 08-07-2021, 10:24 PM

153 posts, read 111,779 times
Quote:
I want someone to tell me what exactly is Dallas AS A CITY (NOT DFW) number one in? I've already named Houston's number ones...biggest city in Texas, biggest medical complex in Texas, Energy capital OF THE WORLD, biggest female entertainer IN THE WORLD (Beyonce), biggest female rapper IN THE WORLD right now (Meg), biggest rap scene in Texas, first domed stadium EVER, first RETRACTABLE ROOF stadium EVER...I mean...I can keep going, but that's a lot of BIG number ones on it's own.

So again...please tell me where Dallas wins. SLIGHTLY more walkability (and even that seems to be false according to national walkability scores...they show that Houston areas beat Dallas even in THAT regard!)? Superbowl wins? Okay, I'll give you that. Presidential assassinations? Okay, that was a low blow...but is it any less true?
Well, there you go handicapping us to win a debate. We can't claim the most valuable franchise in the world because it's not City of Dallas.

We can't claim a former president as a resident, because that's not City of Dallas.

We can't bring up that 6 of the top 10 richest cities in Texas is in DFW (Houston has 2 on that list)

Can't bring up the fact that we literally print money in DFW. Only other place that does that is DC.

Can't bring up the fact that our airport serves more destinations, because that's not City of Dallas.

You say we are bolstering up the metro to argue why QOL here trumps Houston but you are the one that handicaps DFW in the debate. It's logical to assume QOL issues are determined more by a metro than a single municipality within the metro. Without Houston, QOL in Sugar land is trash bc it wouldn't be that developed. Same could be said for Richardson. Without Dallas, Richardson is trash bc it wouldn't be as developed.

So if someone questions which has better QOL, Richardson or Sugar Land... Amenities of the metro will naturally find it's way into the conversation. That is because big city contributions to those smaller cities affect things like QOL even in those smaller cities and vice versa. Likewise, bedroom communities contribute to larger cities and that affect things like QOL and adds to the feel of the City as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston