Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 07:29 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,245,376 times

Advertisements

Dora vs Rosie haha. Well I guess it’s “presidential” to call people names— such as calling a Colombian a Mexican and a straight female marine a lesbian.

I think this is going to be the most interesting race in all of Texas. And the end result is nothing will change.

BTW I just looked into my crystal ball— Dora wins by 2 points. And usc’s giant boner for her will keep raging for another 4 years.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:46 AM

2,021 posts, read 3,528,506 times
How's everyone voting this year? Early? Mail-in? Election day?

It looks like there's only 99 early voting locations in Harris County but 782 election day locations. Which makes me think the lines will be much quicker on election day. Last time I early voted for the primary I had to wait about 45 minutes.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:15 AM

1,736 posts, read 1,034,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Unbelievable Stockholm syndrome is real
??

I'm dense...don't understand the reference.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:37 AM

2,551 posts, read 4,058,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
How's everyone voting this year? Early? Mail-in? Election day?

It looks like there's only 99 early voting locations in Harris County but 782 election day locations. Which makes me think the lines will be much quicker on election day. Last time I early voted for the primary I had to wait about 45 minutes.
I'm early voting, just noticed a location nearby without lines. I'm always worried that something will go wrong on Election Day and I won't be able to vote... I'd rather get it out of the way. My husband likes to vote on Election Day, but one year his father became ill and he had to suddenly go out of town to take care of him, couldn't vote. You never know. Good to get it done.

Old 10-25-2022, 08:58 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,768,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
??

I'm dense...don't understand the reference.
The main folks who are not benefiting from the current administration seem to keep voting for it.

Old 10-25-2022, 10:29 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,797,942 times
I usually early-vote around ~1 week after early voting opens, and rarely experience a significant wait.

Old 10-25-2022, 12:49 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 2 days ago)

8,363 posts, read 5,529,289 times
I dont know that Lina will win this one. Honestly, I thought she would until I saw her more recent campaign strategies. She needs to attract independent voters and instead she choose to go campaign with Jane Fonda. I cannot think of many more polarizing figures to choose from and it will probably turn off some people.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:13 PM

9,916 posts, read 6,634,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Dora vs Rosie haha. Well I guess it’s “presidential” to call people names— such as calling a Colombian a Mexican and a straight female marine a lesbian.

I think this is going to be the most interesting race in all of Texas. And the end result is nothing will change.

BTW I just looked into my crystal ball— Dora wins by 2 points. And usc’s giant boner for her will keep raging for another 4 years.
The “Dora” nickname isn’t helping skew the independent voter at all. Not sure why republicans do this for their own sake. The notion that republicans are a bunch of racists… that’s what the Republican Party should be trying to get away from. Calling someone Dora doesn’t help.

To answer the “oh stop it democrats are racist too. They just hide it better…. Leftists are just just butthurt…” responses before they come,,,, it doesn’t matter. The goal is to elect the candidate by attracting new voters. It doesn’t matter how YOU personally feel, it’s not helping attract new voters.

Old 10-25-2022, 04:20 PM

9,916 posts, read 6,634,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I dont know that Lina will win this one. Honestly, I thought she would until I saw her more recent campaign strategies. She needs to attract independent voters and instead she choose to go campaign with Jane Fonda. I cannot think of many more polarizing figures to choose from and it will probably turn off some people.
I would agree with you. The problem is that the Republicans also chose a polarizing figure. Had they chose a moderate Republican, I think they would’ve likely won

Old 10-25-2022, 06:15 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,034,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
The “Dora” nickname isn’t helping skew the independent voter at all. Not sure why republicans do this for their own sake. The notion that republicans are a bunch of racists… that’s what the Republican Party should be trying to get away from. Calling someone Dora doesn’t help.

To answer the “oh stop it democrats are racist too. They just hide it better…. Leftists are just just butthurt…” responses before they come,,,, it doesn’t matter. The goal is to elect the candidate by attracting new voters. It doesn’t matter how YOU personally feel, it’s not helping attract new voters.
This is all a distraction. If Lina loses it will be because of her record. That's the advantage/disadvantage of being an incumbent. The fact she is "at risk" of losing says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston