Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 04:00 PM

10,031 posts, read 6,733,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by utche96 View Post
Wide spread mail-in voting simply is not a secure system and defeats two sacrosanct tenets of vote integrity: secrecy and verification. These vote drop-boxes are in unsecured location. No one verifies that the person handling the votes is authorized to do so. And there is no robust form to verify that the actual voter was the one who completed the ballot. It's banana republic level bullsh*t.

There is no legitimate reason for widespread mail-in voting. It has never been easier to vote in-person. The only reason to continue pushing mail-in voting is if you benefit from vote fraud. If you have a legitimate reason for not voting in person (travelling or health issues) then we have absentee voting available.
It’s not a secure system because the candidate you wanted to win didn’t.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:03 PM

227 posts, read 139,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
It’s not a secure system because the candidate you wanted to win didn’t.
Says the party that made up the Russian collusion hoax.

Seriously though I don't even like Trump. And he lost because he was a bad candidate. That said, mail in voting is a bad system.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:28 PM

15,640 posts, read 7,670,798 times
Quote:
Wide spread mail-in voting simply is not a secure system and defeats two sacrosanct tenets of vote integrity: secrecy and verification. These vote drop-boxes are in unsecured location. No one verifies that the person handling the votes is authorized to do so. And there is no robust form to verify that the actual voter was the one who completed the ballot. It's banana republic level bullsh*t.

There is no legitimate reason for widespread mail-in voting. It has never been easier to vote in-person. The only reason to continue pushing mail-in voting is if you benefit from vote fraud. If you have a legitimate reason for not voting in person (travelling or health issues) then we have absentee voting available.
There are entire states that use mail in voting. From https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...elections.aspx
  • Eight states—California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Vermont and Washington—allow all elections to be conducted by mail.
  • Two states—Nebraska and North Dakota—permit counties to opt into conducting elections by mail.
  • Nine states—Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico and Wyoming—allow specific small elections to be conducted by mail.
  • Four states—Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey and New Mexico—permit all-mail elections for certain small jurisdictions.

I'm pretty sure that mail in voting is as secure and transparent as any other method.

Absentee voting IS mail voting

Old 09-12-2022, 04:36 PM

10,031 posts, read 6,733,783 times
Quote:
Says the party that made up the Russian collusion hoax.

Seriously though I don't even like Trump. And he lost because he was a bad candidate. That said, mail in voting is a bad system.
And I don’t like Biden. Doesn’t mean I’m going to find ways to convince myself that the election wasnt what it appeared. Seriously if you have a hard time believing that a large proportion of the country was anti trump, you must not get out much.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I'm pretty sure that mail in voting is as secure and transparent as any other method.

Absentee voting IS mail voting

You are entitled to your opinion. I am pretty sure that mail in voting is not as secure as in-person voting. Show me one legitimate and documented audit where they actually contacted a statistically significant percentage of voters to verify their mail in ballots. I have not seen one.

Absentee voting requires the voter prove that they cannot vote in person and request an absentee ballot. Its a very specific subset of mail in voting. It's also a much smaller percentage of the overall vote.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Seriously if you have a hard time believing that a large proportion of the country was anti trump, you must not get out much.
??? I literally called him a bad candidate.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:41 PM

24,093 posts, read 15,206,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Thats a lot of conspiracy theorist bull$hit for one post.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
In my opinion the Democrats outsmarted the Republicans with the mail-in voting process across the nation. I don't think they stole the election, but they took advantage of the legal loopholes to win.

Can they do it again? We shall see... I think the elimination of straight-party voting will hurt Lina this time around. Also, I can't find any information on drive-thru voting. Does anyone know if this will be allowed in Harris County?
Straight ballot voting was eliminated by the Legislature. The biggest effect will be on judicial races, where there will be massive undervoting in Harris County because of the 9,248 judges we elect(a bit of exaggeration there)

Drive through voting was banned statewide in the second special session by SB1.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinion. I am pretty sure that mail in voting is not as secure as in-person voting. Show me one legitimate and documented audit where they actually contacted a statistically significant percentage of voters to verify their mail in ballots. I have not seen one.

Absentee voting requires the voter prove that they cannot vote in person and request an absentee ballot. Its a very specific subset of mail in voting. It's also a much smaller percentage of the overall vote.
Absentee voting doesn't require proof of anything. You state the reason, and get the ballot.

Old 09-12-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Absentee voting doesn't require proof of anything. You state the reason, and get the ballot.
You have to attest to not being able to vote in person and the reason. Its still a subset of mail in voting. Not everyone is automatically eligible for absentee voting. You must have a legitimate reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston