Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 02:25 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,570,632 times

Advertisements

Since I see this thread is turning into conspiracy theories (not by one person alone), I’m going to leave my thoughts and call it a day.

As someone who opts out of voting, I believe Lina Hidalgo and Greg Abbott will win by decent sized margins.

I will be fair and say that it’s evident that Biden’s universally disappointing run is causing precious democratic voters to be more willing to vote Republican.

On Democrats overdoing identity politics and losing minority voters. Completely agree. For decades, they have made the promises that they are the party that is for the people and will make the difference without much to show for it. While the Latino vote is still majority democratic, it’s losing that dominance because of everything we have seen. I’m hopeful that minorities stop losing the dominance of the Democratic Party, not because I think the Republican Party is better, but because I believe the parties should fight for the minority vote, not expect it.

On politicians killing the oil industry. God bless your souls. The (insert here) didn’t do it, but the next guy will definitely be the one to do it. Let’s keep repeating the process until we get it right… that power does not fall on our president and much less our governor.

Old 07-14-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Lol. Preach. US oil industry seems to do better under Dem administrations ironically because of their policies that somewhat restrict supply. You think Exxon wants to go back to the Trump years when gas was $2 a gallon??
For years I have noticed the odd trend of Republican die hards crying when gas goes to $4 and then crying again when an oil crash took their job (and also blaming Democrats for that one). No one will ever understand that group.

Reminds me a lot of Democratic die hards when it comes to immigration.

Old 07-14-2022, 03:45 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Yes. Beto is going to crash the oil industry. Biden couldn’t do it. But somehow Beto will. Lol. Do you think about what you say
Biden hasn't tried hard enough. Plus his days are almost over.
Imagine stupid people not only elect but also reelect your Beto so he has enough time to implement his policy.

Old 07-14-2022, 03:57 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,521,447 times
Let's see how Hidalgo corruption case goes. Wondering if those liberal voters do care.

Old 07-14-2022, 04:20 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...l-17304798.php

It's stunning to me how loyal Blacks are to the Democratic party. This also confirms what many have denied...that the Latino vote is leaning more conservative even in the city of Houston.

Many of you predicted a blow-out win for Hidalgo in November... this does not appear likely. This will be a race to watch!
People don’t vote by race, people vote with their wallet

Old 07-14-2022, 04:25 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,229,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
Many of you predicted a blow-out win for Hidalgo in November... this does not appear likely. This will be a race to watch!
She will win. This poll doesn't accurately survey many of her most ardent supporters (they won't talk to pollsters).

My prediction, she wins 52-48. Not a runaway, but no squeaker either.

Old 07-14-2022, 04:36 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,538 times
This Alex person is a threat to Hidalgo -

Yes - hispanic last name and background somewhat but they were privileged so not 100% down with the blue collar causes as - but having an "R" next to her name and using that maiden name is pretty slick - just enough to catch swing voters.

As for blacks and democrats - there hasn't been a true third option that is accepting of them so what do you do? Republicans have made it clear you are not wanted and even the sprout up 3rd parties such as Tea, Libertarian, etc. hasn't resonated enough to switch

for nearly 50 to 60 years democrat has been pushed in your face and republican has been taught as not good, racist or sell outs so what do you do?

Old 07-14-2022, 04:45 PM

One more thing of note, people across the country, not just Harris County, are more open to the idea of voting Republican due to the general disproved of Joe Biden.

Still, if it were my prediction, I would have Lina winning this election in a race that’s not that close. The opposition is always louder than the support.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:12 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Very condescending to imply that Hispanics will automatically vote for a person just because they have a Hispanic last name.

Rafael (Ted) Cruz only lost the Hispanic vote against O’Rourke in 2018

Old 07-14-2022, 05:39 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,050,730 times
I will never understand why someone would vote for Ted Cruz. I mean, with other odious politicians I can at least see the reasoning, even if I disagree with it. But Ted Cruz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston