Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 8 days ago)

8,393 posts, read 5,549,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Town View Post
Harris county was already a $hithole county. Now it's becoming $hithole^2 county
Im glad you feel that way. When are you leaving?

Old 11-10-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utche96 View Post
I think that is what will happen for many. I'm not too surprised that Hidalgo won in a tight race, but I really didn't expect all of these liberal judges to get reelected. Many saw this election as a referendum on crime and now are convinced things will not change for the better in Harris County. I expect to see more red migration to nearby suburbs (Sugar Land, Friendswood, Woodlands, etc) while Harris County will go deeper blue.
I dont see a lot of red migration to Fort Bend. That county is blue and full of foreigners. While I know most Republicans are not bother by foreign people, a not insignificant number are.

I think Montgomery County, Chambers County, and Galveston County will explode with red migrants though.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:02 AM

226 posts, read 137,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I dont see a lot of red migration to Fort Bend. That county is blue and full of foreigners. While I know most Republicans are not bother by foreign people, a not insignificant number are.

I think Montgomery County, Chambers County, and Galveston County will explode with red migrants though.
In general, I would agree. But I do think some of the folks that will leave don't necessarily care about whether the county is red or blue. Most of Sugarland is pretty safe so I could see some migration there. I would happily move to Sugarland but I prefer the Woodlands overall.

Old 11-10-2022, 11:19 AM

680 posts, read 278,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Then you receive it, mail it in, and go on your trip. Why is this so hard to understand? It's only Texas that makes it so difficult.

I was thinking you were already on the trip. You raise an interesting conundrum. We may need a fix. I'd suggest writing your state rep and senator. Is it really only Texas that makes this so difficult?

Old 11-10-2022, 12:00 PM

989 posts, read 1,065,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Yeah, I see Harris county becoming more like Chicago. We can remain in denial only for so long, I think the foundation is in place.

That's your opinion, many disagree..... but in my utopian political hierarchy- I'd have a right leaning President that defers to the states to let them decide what is best for their state, State leaders (Governor, Senators, etc.) that are moderate and capable of hearing both sides of the aisle without acting like a spoiled 5 year olds when they don't get their way (left or right) and then more progressive at the city level to protect what works best for THEIR city as THEY know best- infrastructure/city planning, transit, quality of life and the other multitude of issues that come with being a premiere world city.

I'd never vote straight ticket...ever!

Old 11-10-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h'ton View Post
that's your opinion, many disagree..... But in my utopian political hierarchy- i'd have a right leaning president that defers to the states to let them decide what is best for their state, state leaders (governor, senators, etc.) that are moderate and capable of hearing both sides of the aisle without acting like a spoiled 5 year olds when they don't get their way (left or right) and then more progressive at the city level to protect what works best for their city as they know best- infrastructure/city planning, transit, quality of life and the other multitude of issues that come with being a premiere world city.

I'd never vote straight ticket...ever!
Preach!!!!!

Old 11-10-2022, 12:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 6,659,386 times
Well I do agree there. If there’s anything good in the terrible 2 party system, it’s that the two balance eachother out. Unfortunately, it turned politics into a battle of memes

Old 11-11-2022, 07:16 AM

I cannot believe its been 3 days since the election and we still do not know who has the majority in either house of Congress. In my lifetime, I have never seen counting take this long for a midterm. Even Harris County with all of its incompetence got their votes counted within a day.

Old 11-11-2022, 09:58 AM

2,551 posts, read 4,061,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utche96 View Post
I cannot believe its been 3 days since the election and we still do not know who has the majority in either house of Congress. In my lifetime, I have never seen counting take this long for a midterm. Even Harris County with all of its incompetence got their votes counted within a day.
My understanding is that it usually takes this long to count. They're still counting Harris County. What is taking long is the projection, in a number of these races, because they're close. So, not incompetence. Just close races. Anyway that's how they explained it on the news this morning.

Old 11-11-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
My understanding is that it usually takes this long to count. They're still counting Harris County. What is taking long is the projection, in a number of these races, because they're close. So, not incompetence. Just close races. Anyway that's how they explained it on the news this morning.
When did it ever take this long to know the result of a mid-term or even a pre-2020 POTUS election (other than 2000 which was a special case)? My recollection in 2018 we knew the results the next day. Perhaps there were a couple close races that required recounts before finalizing but as it stands now there are 28 House races and 2 Senate seats that still have yet to be called after 3 days of counting. I cannot recall that ever happening before.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/el...ts/2022/house/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston