Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 06:03 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
She has a vote on the commissioners court and she is pushing this defunding of the police agenda. Quit trying to minimize her influence on the situation.

Typical increase the tax fear monger. How about working with the budget you already have instead of stealing tax payers money and putting it in you friends pockets
There is no no police department in Harris County.

Did commissioner's court increase or decrease the HCSO budget? Does that include the jail?

There is a former HC sheriff serving on commissioner's court. Did he vote to defund law enforcement?

Old 07-17-2022, 07:24 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There is no no police department in Harris County.

Did commissioner's court increase or decrease the HCSO budget? Does that include the jail?

There is a former HC sheriff serving on commissioner's court. Did he vote to defund law enforcement?
"Defund the police" is just a term

All she does is move money around to stick in her political friends pockets

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/ha...more-resources

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...f-17021404.php

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/we...ing-crime-wave

Last edited by usc619; 07-17-2022 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-17-2022, 07:24 AM

15,403 posts, read 7,464,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
She has a vote on the commissioners court and she is pushing this defunding of the police agenda. Quit trying to minimize her influence on the situation.

Typical increase the tax fear monger. How about working with the budget you already have instead of stealing tax payers money and putting it in you friends pockets
I haven't seen anything about Hidalgo trying to defund police. That's a right wing meme with no basis in fact.

OK, you say work with the budget you have. The County budget is online. Please analyze the budget and let us know what services you want to cut to increase the number of HCSO deputies on patrol. And please don't trot out the Cagle/Ramsey proposals that would eliminate over 1,000 jobs in public health, libraries, and other services that are needed.

How is Hidalgo stealing money? If you have evidence of that, please file a complaint with the DA's office.

Hidalgo is the only person on Commissioners Court to refuse donations from County vendors. Here's a story on that(behind a paywall, though) https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pro...contributions/

Old 07-17-2022, 08:14 AM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
All this crying about “defund the police” and I almost never see any police officer patrolling any area of the city
Most of the time I see them talking in a grocery store parking lot

Sure, let’s give them more money.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:29 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
All this crying about “defund the police” and I almost never see any police officer patrolling any area of the city
Most of the time I see them talking in a grocery store parking lot

Sure, let’s give them more money.
I've seen them hanging out waiting to give tickets for people running stop signs, meanwhile innocent people are being robbed, many times by repeat offenders out on bail.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:34 AM

392 posts, read 316,825 times
IMHO, most people in Houston (including democrats) don't want to "defund the police." What we really wanted is a more educated with less bias (prejudice) and less abusive police force.

Old 07-17-2022, 08:53 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,237,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlandbubba View Post
IMHO, most people in Houston (including democrats) don't want to "defund the police." What we really wanted is a more educated with less bias (prejudice) and less abusive police force.
Now that I agree with. Both crime is bad here, and we need more well-trained police where the bad apples are weeded out.

Old 07-17-2022, 11:37 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,520,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I haven't seen anything about Hidalgo trying to defund police. That's a right wing meme with no basis in fact.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pro...contributions/
So anything slightly not in favor of your party is right wing?

Old 07-17-2022, 11:40 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,520,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
I've seen them hanging out waiting to give tickets for people running stop signs, meanwhile innocent people are being robbed, many times by repeat offenders out on bail.
Have you heard about broken window theory?

I've seen them doing this few times in my area and it's a good thing to implement.
I wish they could do it Sunday evening when it's a best chance to catch offenders.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:03 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarlandbubba View Post
Everybody wants that
So what the corporate news media did was push a “divide and conquer” campaign claiming that liberals want to defund police.

Everybody wants better police … if making it better requires taking funding away from them to fund programs needed to improve public safety … let it be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston