Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 12:11 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times

Advertisements

I came across some bids online for contracting work about a Pizza Hut that is planned for University Plaza. I doubt that will drum up much excitement, as I'm sure people are holding out hope for something more unique to the area. Looks like there will be room for several more tenants in that location though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM

251 posts, read 260,375 times
Pizza Hut would really be annoying considering there is one 2 blocks away on 5th Avenue and there is one in the Marshall student center that does personal size pizzas, pastas & breadsticks.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
A GNC at Pullman sounds good to me, more diversity in the type of shops. I still think a clothing store, like Eddie Bauer or Express, would be a good addition to Pullman, or a clothing store geared for the younger crowd, like Buckle, H&M or Fossil. Even The North Face would be a nice addition to downtown Huntington.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
I would kill for an H&M. There needs to be a bigger number of clothiers downtown that offer men's clothing (besides Jos. A. Bank).

And if Fossil ever came to town, my wife would drain our bank account in a heartbeat!

Old 08-29-2014, 09:04 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
I agree. Huntington would be a great market for H&M

Old 08-29-2014, 09:56 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times
Any news on the Apple Store?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Any news on the Apple Store?
I remember a quote in some article from someone involved with the project saying the market probably won't allow for an Apple Store there. Not a definite no, but my bet is there will be some form of art supply store there instead.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:20 AM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
I remember a quote in some article from someone involved with the project saying the market probably won't allow for an Apple Store there. Not a definite no, but my bet is there will be some form of art supply store there instead.
I figured the store was either a myth or would fall through. I think between the two cities a store could be supported, but location would be tricky. Huntington Mall or Charleston Town Center would probably be the best bet, even though I wouldn't take Pullman or downtown Huntington out of the mix just because of the progress which has taken place.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
Pizza Hut is a surprising tenant. I guess that means that the 5th Ave store will likely be closing and replaced by a smaller store with little or no seating. Hopefully that means something new is coming to 5th Ave where Pizza Hut currently is.

With regards to clothing, elewis is right that there needs to be more men's clothing. On a related note, the new, larger Runway Couture now carries men's clothing. I haven't been in yet myself but my wife has and she was amazed by how much more they carry. She said they even carry some items for the home.

An Apple Store would definitely be a huge win for downtown and that is what Marshall was pursuing per an article in the H-D. The market may not allow it though per Apple's requirements like elewis said. An art supply store makes the most sense, being in the Visual Arts Center and all. It would be nice to have something that would bring the public to that building though.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
Perhaps another restaurant chain can take over the current 5th Avenue Pizza Hut location. It is a good location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington