Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 01:51 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Trader Joes, if they decide to open one in AL.
Ummm....if?

Trader Joe's coming to Birmingham in 2015 | AL.com

Perhaps a second one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,087,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
This one in the Woodlands area of Houston is pretty upscale. I was in there and they seemed to have a lot of higher end brands and nicer jewelry and electronics compared to other Costco locations...ironically it also is in the same area as a Nordstrom.
I know the Woodlands well. It can hardly be called a big box center because it has a Costco. They made every effort for it to fit into the eclectic style of the various Woodland commercial areas. After all, this is not like one center.
It is a large enclosed mall with an outdoor main street area; another outdoor lifestyle area with frontage on the canal system; and then the community itself has peripheral centers to serve the huge population of the residential component.

This is an urban Costco concept and works for the Woodlands, but they would not put it at most upscale centers.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:18 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Ummm....if?

Trader Joe's coming to Birmingham in 2015 | AL.com

Perhaps a second one.
Lol! I am happy to read that!

Yes, hopefully their second.

The first whole foods was bham, the second was here. Hopefully.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:31 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,261 times
I'm still surprised on the location of Whole Foods. That area there has never been the greatest in town, and getting in and out will be a PITA.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:21 PM

32 posts, read 80,353 times
I would be surprised if it was a Costco, but....

when I lived in Austin, there was a shopping center I frequented. The two anchors: Whole Foods and Costco. There were also a couple of nice restaurants, "high class" fast food (think Chipotle), etc. So it can be done...I just can't see Costco putting another store here. As far as I know, Austin currently has three w/a metro population approaching 2 million. I would think HSV would need to be at least 50-75% bigger to justify another Costco. But what do I know?:-)

Old 11-23-2014, 06:55 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,269,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Lol! I am happy to read that!

Yes, hopefully their second.

The first whole foods was bham, the second was here. Hopefully.

I was doing a walk thru on a house last week and we were talking about what would be coming to Town Madison with my clients (who are purchasing nearby) and the CM slipped up and said Trader Joes would be there when they commented about wanting a grocery closer to them.

He said it was a RUMOR....but acted like he said something he might not should have Then he clammed up and wouldn't tell me anything else!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:48 PM

442 posts, read 647,927 times
Default Year in review: Town Madison accounts for half of the Top 10 Madison-related stories in 2014

I am a little late in posting this but will go ahead and if anyone is interested in reading that hasn't!

According to AL.com Town Madison actually accounts for half of the Top 10 Madison-related stories in 2014:

Year in review: Town Madison accounts for half of the Top 10 Madison-related stories in 2014 | AL.com

Quote:
MADISON, Alabama - Town Madison was far and away the most popular news story in 2014, by accounting for five of the top 10 read Madison-related articles on AL.com.

Similarly, the announcement of a new mixed-use development on par with Village of Providence made the top 10, as did road construction updates and a new restaurant.

Here's a breakdown of each:
1.) Gov. Bentley helps kick off $400 million Town Madison by I-565; bringing 1.5 million square feet of commercial/retail | AL.com

2.) Agreement opens 700-acre development on I-565 in Madison; developer to pay $22 million infrastructure costs | AL.com

3.) Court petition claims Huntsville school board member used ‘espionage’ to steal Cabela's from Madison, Louis Breland | AL.com

4.) Bob Jones High School Principal Robby Parker recovering from bicycle wreck | AL.com

5.) Town Madison developers negotiating with 10 big box stores | AL.com

6.) Providence heads west; developers, Madison officials set stage for neighborhood center with 349 homes | AL.com

7.) New Chili's near Madison opens Monday; among first in nation with latest, energy efficient design | AL.com

8.) Town Madison Cooperative District gets council OK; allows Louis Breland to spend millions on infrastructure, including I-565 interchange | AL.com

9.) Watch drone aerial video of Old Madison Pike bridge project separating Madison from Huntsville | AL.com

10.) Watch aerial video, computer animation of I-565/County Line Road interchange construction in Madison | AL.com

Last edited by FayettevilletoHuntsville; 01-11-2015 at 11:58 PM..

Old 03-04-2015, 11:44 PM

Default List of Town Madison businesses to be released in coming months

List of Town Madison businesses to be released in coming months - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Quote:
MADISON, AL (WAFF) -
The developer of the Town Madison Development announced Wednesday that he plans to release the list of businesses coming to Madison in the coming months.

“We are working with new customers to the market,” said Louis Breland.
Breland said the negotiations are on-going with tenants, but wouldn't go into more details about who is in talks to come to Madison.

Breland made the announcement after Wednesday's Town Madison Cooperative District meeting.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:00 AM

Default Intergraph proposes 1,300 residential units for Town Madison

Intergraph proposes 1,300 residential units for Town Madison; seeks rezoning for 'live, work, play destination' | AL.com

Quote:
Intergraph Corp. has proposed building nearly 1,300 residential units as part of a plan to build a "live, work, play destination" on its 227-acre campus next to its new headquarters in Madison.

The residential units consist of apartment complexes, single-family detached houses, and loft apartments over commercial space. The proposal, which seeks rezoning approval on Thursday from the Madison Planning Commission, also includes about 30 acres of open spaces for parks and greenways.

The 227 acres is the engineering and geospatial software company's portion of the 700-acre Town Madison project being developed jointly with Louis Breland. Breland's owns much of the eastern side of Town Madison, including about 100 acres he's preparing for a large shopping center.
Read more at: Intergraph proposes 1,300 residential units for Town Madison; seeks rezoning for 'live, work, play destination' | AL.com

Old 07-15-2015, 07:06 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,110 times
crazy development!

This sounds like it will be a nice place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area