Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 03:24 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I wonder how this will affect BridgeStreet.
Well, let's see BS is in Huntsville and this is in Madison. It will be pitted head to head against it. And while it won't have the same retailers for the most part, it will have competing ones that attempt to match it blow for blow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 04:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,059,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae-zor View Post
To my understanding from a town hall meeting in Edgwater back some months ago with the mayors of Huntsville and Madison, the Kellner, Zeirdt and Martin road projects were not scheduled to begin until January, so at least at this point, they are not behind on those yet.

The interchange, which looks independent of the others, looks like they are serious about starting immediately though. I've seen a build up of construction vehicles this past week being staged and readied as if they are ready to start doing something near 565 and Zeirdt. One or more of these projects are about to kick off and the sooner the start, the sooner they get it done. We are prepared, though I'm sure we'll still moan and groan about it, for the pains that come with construction and expansion down this way.
But that pain will be well worth it just for that intersection alone. It's too bad they couldn't have a west bound exit directly to Hughes Rd added as well.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:57 PM

765 posts, read 1,110,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
But that pain will be well worth it just for that intersection alone. It's too bad they couldn't have a west bound exit directly to Hughes Rd added as well.
Please remember that Louis Breland is paying for this interchange with 565 purely for his own development south of 565. There is no incentive for him to pay for an interchange which will reach Hughes Rd. The state of Alabama will have to do that and given the history of other projects, it will be a long time before there is a Hughes Rd. interchange.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:53 PM

2,997 posts, read 3,586,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Well, let's see BS is in Huntsville and this is in Madison. It will be pitted head to head against it. And while it won't have the same retailers for the most part, it will have competing ones that attempt to match it blow for blow.
Bridge Street has done well to protect its western flank with the major additions under construction. Cabelas will also keep things hopping in that area.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,281,747 times
I am soo lucky to live literally at the middle point of both of these areas.

My property values are going to rise nicely

Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 PM

137 posts, read 231,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post

Yes Sir!!!!

Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 PM

944 posts, read 1,187,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post

While it'll be a PIA driving Zierdt for us, it'll be a welcome addition & I'm looking forward to seeing it coming along...what totally amazes me is HOW slow ALDONT is with road expansions...in DC/NOVA the stuff literally was built overnight...as in massive overpasses & junctions were put in overnight (with cranes) when traffic was 'slow' - didn't help the traffic flow that much, more cars on the road faster than they can expand!

Old 08-12-2014, 07:15 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,303,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
While it'll be a PIA driving Zierdt for us, it'll be a welcome addition & I'm looking forward to seeing it coming along...what totally amazes me is HOW slow ALDONT is with road expansions...in DC/NOVA the stuff literally was built overnight...as in massive overpasses & junctions were put in overnight (with cranes) when traffic was 'slow' - didn't help the traffic flow that much, more cars on the road faster than they can expand!
Welcome to the speed things move in AL!

Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 PM

137 posts, read 231,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
Hey, I'm sorry and not trying to pick on you, but I lived in NOVA for 10 years, and my wife most her life, and expansion took FOREVER up there. Projects just lingered on for years! I've only been here for a couple years, but it's moving faster in that respect than VA, or NY where I grew up. Of course, it could be LOADS better, but it's not that bad.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 PM

442 posts, read 648,057 times
1,000 new rooftops to rise on Madison's western horizon; 176 acres sought for rezoning | AL.com

Quote:
Potter referenced the new 700-acre Town Madison retail and commercial development as making the expected, rapid growth of new homes easier to bear.
While there's some tax revenue generated from the construction phase of home building, he said property taxes are not enough to offset the cost of providing city services to them. Without retail taxes on the side, "rooftops translate to negative numbers."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area