Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:59 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times

Advertisements

Valley luring Kennedy workers - al.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 05:23 AM

1,960 posts, read 4,664,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
Obama takes aim at costly defense contracts (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_obama_budget - broken link)
Bingo. Giddy up Huntsville, DOD contract work, God willing, will no longer a free for all to keep the "better than union auto worker cause i went to college" crowd fat, it's about time. We gotta do more less on the operator side, you gotta do more with less too. I didn't vote for the guy but so far he's 2 for 2 on the defense front (nixing NSPS, and turning the lights on the DOD contractor rave party)

Hold off on that granite countertop....

Old 03-05-2009, 05:42 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
Default Uh oh!

Quote:
Obama takes aim at costly defense contracts (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_obama_budget - broken link)
Is this bad for Huntsville?

Old 03-05-2009, 06:18 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE111691 View Post
Is this bad for Huntsville?
Probably not too bad (gut feeling). NASA, GMD, and MDA are big players here. I keep reading things about FCS getting trimmed and maybe GMD and maybe the EC component (which is political) of MDA.

Still, no matter what happens, if something bad happens here, it's probably a lot worse just about everywhere else. There's only so much we can do.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
I thought Obama was ok with missile defense; now, he is not! OK, what's really the deal? I'm so confused!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,969,243 times
Quote:
No talks of MDA cuts, just talks to show appearence of 'fiscal responsibility'.

I would not be too worried.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Bingo. Giddy up Huntsville, DOD contract work, God willing, will no longer a free for all to keep the "better than union auto worker cause i went to college" crowd fat, it's about time. We gotta do more less on the operator side, you gotta do more with less too. I didn't vote for the guy but so far he's 2 for 2 on the defense front (nixing NSPS, and turning the lights on the DOD contractor rave party)

Hold off on that granite countertop....
LOL... sounds like an angry enlisted man resentful toward his officers & the 'fat-cat' contractors

Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Probably not too bad (gut feeling). NASA, GMD, and MDA are big players here. I keep reading things about FCS getting trimmed and maybe GMD and maybe the EC component (which is political) of MDA.

Still, no matter what happens, if something bad happens here, it's probably a lot worse just about everywhere else. There's only so much we can do.
FCS was always at risk of being cut even back during the Bush adminstration. The EC component has always been used as a pawn in political leverage against Russia.

Just yesterday I heard on the NPR that the Obama adminstration is making a gesture to Russia that, if Russia will stop helping Iran building nuclear power plants, US will withdrawl it's plan to put missiles in Europe.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 AM

692 posts, read 1,503,789 times
Quote:

Good thing pig farming in Iowa, catfish gene mapping at Auburn, and a rat in California is responsible spending!!!

I think like with all other things that Obama has taken aim at, he will see the light and nothing of any consequence will happen. There were many things that he spoke about doing prior to looking into them and upon investigation he realized there might not be the problem he thought there was (or at least no better solution).

I wouldn't panic too much!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 AM

Well.. .with all the talks by the current adminstration one thing is certain --- they can not afford a bad publicity of massive layoff by the government contractors.

So agree with tammie2, no need to panic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area