Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:01 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times

Advertisements

Malls and shopping centers aren't meant to be filled every single day. Every business has its down and worst days, even the busiest place on earth. Who knows, the days that we go to these places may not be full, while the days that we don't go be packed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE111691 View Post
Malls and shopping centers aren't meant to be filled every single day. Every business has its down and worst days, even the busiest place on earth. Who knows, the days that we go to these places may not be full, while the days that we don't go be packed.

LOL ^ I posted Saturdays not everyday just during my time in Huntsville Madison Square mall was full only on every other Saturday but Bridgestreet and Parkway were rarely or if never full to me on Saturdays besides the Christmas shopping season. It may have changed now and if so ,good !!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:54 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,393,592 times
Quote:
I don't know! That's what someone said on here when I telling them that I feel that the mega retail projects will all work in Huntsville. Somebody said that Huntsville is filled with engineers who dress like snobs and don't go to the Gap and other stores and shop.
Actually I said Huntsville people are simple and not into high end fashion and generally dress like bums and geeks. Whoever said they dress like snobs if that's what somebody really said is completely wrong.. The thing is they are less willing to spend money on high end clothes BIG difference from what you are saying. We barely can support BridgeStreet right now, we need to see if it can last before they consider building anything else. BridgeStreet is sometimes full of people but they rarely look like they are shopping most are waiting for a movie or table at a restaurant.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
There are actually some snobs but they are married to the engineers.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:31 AM

692 posts, read 1,503,789 times
Quote:
I don't know! That's what someone said on here when I telling them that I feel that the mega retail projects will all work in Huntsville. Somebody said that Huntsville is filled with engineers who dress like snobs and don't go to the Gap and other stores and shop.
I remember that thread and what was said was that engineers dressed like SLOBS not snobs.

It made me chuckle at the thought of dh's red and black flannel shirt from high school that the sleeves had to be rolled up so it didn't look like they were 3/4 sleeves...his response was "It's comfortable and I only wear it on the weekends" Well my first laundry day as a married woman....opps, it became rags. Keep in mind that he was 30 at this point...just a FEW years out of high school. I just shake my head.

So think about it, how much shopping will HE do at Bridge Street? Providence?

Old 03-19-2009, 04:25 PM

I heard on the news that officials are predicting that the economy (whole US) will go back to normal by the end of the year.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 AM

168 posts, read 560,030 times
Engineers are very natty dressers. The rest of you are just jealous. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Now, go back to enjoying all the nice things we have created for you. As you were!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM

692 posts, read 1,503,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamoore View Post
Engineers are very natty dressers. The rest of you are just jealous. Don't hate the player, hate the game. Now, go back to enjoying all the nice things we have created for you. As you were!

DH is a great dresser now that I do the laundry-don't know what happens, things just disappear in the dryer.

See he needed me.

Now keep in mind that I married the man who owned said shirt

Old 03-20-2009, 03:33 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,426,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I heard on the news that officials are predicting that the economy (whole US) will go back to normal by the end of the year.
Yeah, right, KE ! (oopsie, gave your identity away)

the same officials that were in power last year or waiting in line to get in when the guard changed? Predictions? Crystal ball? What is normal to them officials? It's nice to feed on hope when your bills are paid and your stomach full, but show me the money these days!

I believe it when I see it (feel it) in my pocketbook (mortgage, 401k, kids school etc.)

Old 03-21-2009, 03:04 PM

Oh tighten up and have faith. Pray about the economy, and you will see a great change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area