Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM

119 posts, read 233,511 times

Advertisements

Wow, yea I see it's had some issues.
I was sad today saw a rental home I loved, some one already snached it up. Anyone have any good realtors who do rentals DM me please!!! Guy I talked to today was AWFUL last name started with an R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 11:05 PM

39 posts, read 81,470 times
ok I need to ask...what is "CRP"? And is it a good thing or bad thing? Too bad about Research Park, it looked really nice on the website.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 PM

I was wondering this too...

Old 05-08-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
CRP Cummings Research Park
Adjacent is TRP- Thornton Research Park (Old MAdison Pike runs between them)
BSC-Bridge Street Center (BS was too indecent for the forum )

Ooops,

already was answered, guess we skimmed over it.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Hi all, any other responses about the apartments that I listed?

Old 05-09-2010, 02:07 AM

I have been looking at Hampton Cove, the reviews are pretty bad, but it just seems to be new apartment woes. ie. was built very fast so some of the work is shoddy.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:08 AM

Yea, that one did not even make my final list. I had one complex that I called to do a tour tell me "Oh well this will be gone by the time you want to view it." to which I replied well, if thats the case then so be it. I WANTED to tell her she was insane if she thought I was going to sign a lease over the phone.
I have gotten GREAT reccomendations for Colonia Grand, but I think it is the most expensive on my list... If it only turns out to be around $50 more a month and seriously blows the others away I think I might go for it then agian I want to tour the 5 on my list and pray that some cute houses come available to rent also sicne they are much eaiser with a pooch.

AHhhhh moving

Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,271,943 times
BK...was the property manager the one you requested from me by DM?

If so, my apologies! I am shocked, he is usually fantastic, and has worked with several of my referrals and they have always been very pleased. I would really like to know what happened, so I can be cautious about sending him future referrals.

I honestly could not recommend any of the others I know of, in my experience they have NOT been good to work with, so I will not give them referrals.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:08 AM

No No,
Just a leasing agent at a complex trying to close a deal.

Though I did reach out to a guy as hewas listed on a rental I found who who less then helpful..check DM

Old 05-09-2010, 09:35 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,976,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKNOVA View Post
I have gotten GREAT reccomendations for Colonia Grand, but I think it is the most expensive on my list... If it only turns out to be around $50 more a month and seriously blows the others away I think I might go for it
We stayed at the Colonial Grand in Madison for 3 months before our house was built. My wife and I like the complex so much that we both agreed that, if we had not bought the house, we could see ourselves continue to live in there for several years. The 2 bedroom apartment was spacious, come with washer/dryer (we had the corporate rental with furnitures, tv, etc.). The parking in front of our unit had more spaces than cars, so it was never an issue. If we needed additional storage, we could rent a garage. Oh there's even a trash pick-up service, just place trash in front of your unit during certain day of the week and they will pick them up. No need to carry them to the trash bin.

There's a gym & swimming pool by the office, and 2 tennis courts nearby. We did use the gym a few times after hour. We enjoy our walks around the complex after dinner. We did not see any sign of bad tenents. Everything was well maintained. We also like the convenient of location with proximity to everything. We had to pay for our cable then, but I think they reached a deal with Knology and it maybe a part of rent now (you'll need to check).

I did check the review before we moved in. There was a complaint about difficulties at check out, something about additional cleaning needed thus deducted from the deposits. That was not our experience. We did clean up the place as reasonable as we could. There was no issue with check out at all. We received our full deposit back.

I know that additional $50/mo can seem expensive, but think of it as price for good neighborhood, convenience to work (I think you can take Madison Blvd directly into Bridge Street without getting on the interstate), shop (Walmart, Publix, Kroger, etc), and easy access to I-565.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area