Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM

432 posts, read 533,727 times

Advertisements

Melaleuca is going to announce its plans tomorrow. 371,000 sq ft hq, plus other announcements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,662,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFGuy View Post
Melaleuca is going to announce its plans tomorrow. 371,000 sq ft hq, plus other announcements.
OK, I hope they build upwards with some height. Would be a nice south entrance to IF.

Meanwhile the new Love's McDonalds complex is set to open soon. Nice addition to the S. Idaho Falls interstate area. Would like to see a motel/hotel at this exit, and would like to see additional development at the 116 exit as well. I'm sure it will come, but may take some time.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 PM

This is going to be even bigger than I expected.

Melaleuca reveals expansion plans | News - Home

The video to this story shows a Taylor Crossing-looking complex that looks like may reach 3-4 stories in height. Wonder what the additional surprise tourism attraction will be. My guess is an indoor water park and hotel. But just a guess.

Last edited by pw72; 12-11-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM

39 posts, read 79,872 times
That's awesome for the local economy. With so much bad news about lay offs and unemployment benefits ending nationally, this is very refreshing. Glad to hear that not only will this bring quality jobs to the area but possibly more activities for the locals. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Yes, VanderSloot is an important part of the IF economy. This project will be a real statement. Not only will it be seen from I-15, but it will provide new jobs and growth for the area. Perhaps, not common knowledge, but VanderSloot also owns several very successful radio stations in East Idaho. As in, the the highest rated stations in the market. Great job, Frank!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
I have to agree with pw72. Regardless of what you think of FVS personally, he provides a lot of jobs in 8B and adjancent areas, and covers a lot of folks with health benefits etc. through his companies.

So what's the 411 Ball Enterprises and the hotels? Was that to get the lawsuit stuff/auditorium district issues away from the one who constantly sued, or has it become the latest passion? I was surprised to see a Ball Enterprises hotel in Salt Lake on a MAJOR city road (away from the I-15, but had to cost a bundle for the land).

MSR

Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM

I can't remember if someone posted this before, but it is the original plan for Sunnnyside Crossroads back in the mid-2000's. Of course, a couple of the original proposed buildings have been built, but the original proposal is much bigger and I assume is still in play.

Sunnyside Crossroads - Idaho Falls, Idaho

Old 03-15-2013, 08:17 PM

432 posts, read 533,727 times
The developers of Sunnyside Crossroads originally had an outlet mall planned out but I don't know if that is still the plan.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I can't remember if someone posted this before, but it is the original plan for Sunnnyside Crossroads back in the mid-2000's. Of course, a couple of the original proposed buildings have been built, but the original proposal is much bigger and I assume is still in play.

Sunnyside Crossroads - Idaho Falls, Idaho
Yes, I posted it and it kind of disappeared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm slow to the party here. What is the different between the Frank Vandersloot Foundation (which apparently focuses on Philanthropy, Voluntarism and Grantmaking) and the Frank Vandersloot Trust?

My understanding is these are totally different than the Mellaleuca Foundation, but I might be wrong.

The FV Foundation appears to be in or near the cluster of buildings Mellaleuca is building. The trust appears to be more in the area of the Vandersloot home.

I've heaerd of trusts before, but I've never heard of one getting a "$300,000 residential mechanical" building permit.

Someone or many friends please help me understand this better.

Thanks

MSR

Old 03-17-2013, 05:48 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone

Costco is in the news cycle again. Per today's Post Register Idaho Falls Mayor, Jared Fuhriman, was contacted by Costco recently to be informed they are doing "a study on the region's demographics." This is good news for Idaho Falls, IMHO, given the terms ( they (I. F. City Council) set with Costco to make the zoning changes and incentives offered to Costco. In return, Costco had to guarantee 100 new jobs at the lowest entry rate for future employees.

Also included in the article was Ammon Mayor, Steve Fuhriman's reaction. Mayor S. Fuhriman was quoted essentially saying he didn't know about the study but the fact the company was interested in the area was good. Later Mayor Steve Fuhriman said something I personally find tacky and classless. From Zach Kyle's article today Mayor Steve Fuhriman was quoted as saying, " 'But it's not good news until they announce Costco is coming to Ammon.'" WOW! What if Ammon residents are employed at an Idaho Falls Costco, does that not help Ammon? And what secondary business may locate in Bonneville County given a Costco draw?

Potentially more confusing to me, or something Mr. Kyle opted not to include in his article, was the role of Ball Ventures. Maybe he doesn't know, but if not, why not? It's an easy path to follow.

Overall, maybe an additional reason to smile on St. Patty's day

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls