Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
So, for calibration, even Kootenai county will feel extremely rural compared to SoCal. LA County population density is 2,420/square mile, and Kootenai County is 111. Bonner County is 24. It's a very different world up there compared to SoCal.
Yup. It sure is a different world up here. When I went back to SoCal for the first time in over 30 years, I was totally freaked out at how big it had become. That was now 18 years ago! i can't even imagine what it's like there these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 01:40 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times
We are spending a lot of time on the northern part of Puget Sound. Every time we hit the traffic around Seattle and Everett i'm amazed that we used to live like that. HOV lanes and metering of on-ramps....crazy people darting in and out in front of our RV. After 12 years in northern Idaho woods, I'm like a country mouse.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:56 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Every summer it takes us about 5 days to shed the busy-busy panic mode of SoCal and become NID'ers , and when we head back and have to go through LA we suffer the same jolt: how can people live like that? After a few weeks we're used to it again (Although San Diego County is not as bad. Just the fringe of the cauldron...)

Old 06-04-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Every summer it takes us about 5 days to shed the busy-busy panic mode of SoCal and become NID'ers , and when we head back and have to go through LA we suffer the same jolt: how can people live like that? After a few weeks we're used to it again (Although San Diego County is not as bad. Just the fringe of the cauldron...)
You really have to go thru the country/city mouse transition!

Old 06-04-2014, 05:24 PM

I think I've decided that if I didn't live here, I'd live on one of the San Juan Islands. So, so beautiful over there. We were in Roche Harbor last week and it was wonderful.
Attached Thumbnails
Coeur d'alene or Sandpoint?-10299010_896663303691740_7124645655343092497_n.jpg  

Old 06-04-2014, 05:57 PM

186 posts, read 239,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
You've heard this from? Sounds like another uninformed person sharing an opinion with you...I think you need to form your own opinion.

I certainly intend to form my own opinion. The thing is, you've got "boots on the ground" and you mentioned this previously unmentioned aspect of the area's residents. So, I asked you.

I still don't have any answers...

Old 06-04-2014, 07:02 PM

235 posts, read 375,401 times
It's so funny. I've been a member of this community for a long time and I don't know that a person could just go off someone else's opinion. I used to live in NID and I want to come back. I worked in CDA, but I don't really have a desire to live in CDA. We're looking further north and I'm not even sure if we would want to live in Sandpoint proper. Well, we want acreage, so the actual town is out. I can't explain it. I don't want to live our retirement in CDA and I could not tell you why. I'm no help. Sorry. We're just looking further north. I've lived and worked in the Silver Valley and as wonderful as it is over there, I'm not buying property there. Some things that appeal to one person, don't appeal to another person. It's going to be very interesting to see how we feel when we get back there next week. Where we live in Colorado is really stunning with some beautiful aspects that make it seem like a perfect place to be. I can't explain it - this is not the perfect place for me.

Here's a goofy thing to consider: If you ask one guy what he loves, he'd say it's hunting. Well fine, I'm not a hunter (I only hunt paper), but I love wildlife so where there is good hunting, chances are, I'm going to see wildlife.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Idahoan View Post
It's so funny. I've been a member of this community for a long time and I don't know that a person could just go off someone else's opinion. I used to live in NID and I want to come back. I worked in CDA, but I don't really have a desire to live in CDA. We're looking further north and I'm not even sure if we would want to live in Sandpoint proper. Well, we want acreage, so the actual town is out. I can't explain it. I don't want to live our retirement in CDA and I could not tell you why. I'm no help. Sorry. We're just looking further north. I've lived and worked in the Silver Valley and as wonderful as it is over there, I'm not buying property there. Some things that appeal to one person, don't appeal to another person. It's going to be very interesting to see how we feel when we get back there next week. Where we live in Colorado is really stunning with some beautiful aspects that make it seem like a perfect place to be. I can't explain it - this is not the perfect place for me.

Here's a goofy thing to consider: If you ask one guy what he loves, he'd say it's hunting. Well fine, I'm not a hunter (I only hunt paper), but I love wildlife so where there is good hunting, chances are, I'm going to see wildlife.

That's good news for me! I'm a Life member of the NRA, but my only applications for firearms are professional and self-defense. I'm looking forward to seeing the wildlife. I once saw a Bald Eagle in flight, as I drove from CDA to Sandpoint.

I'm interested in what others have to say, because my time in the CDA area has been limited to short vacations of 3 to 5 days during the month of May.

Thanks for your input on this aspect of living there!

Old 06-04-2014, 08:50 PM

235 posts, read 375,401 times
Well, someone else will have to chime in here, but I remember when I would commute from Cataldo to CDA for work that eagles ABOUNDED around Lake CDA. Don't recall the time of year. Of course, this was before the massive bridge went in - I drove around the actual lake and for the good of progress, the bridge shocked me when I went back.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Can anybody tell me how CDA winters compare to Kansas City winters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho