Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,836,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
I certainly intend to form my own opinion. The thing is, you've got "boots on the ground" and you mentioned this previously unmentioned aspect of the area's residents. So, I asked you.

I still don't have any answers...
I didn't mean to come across completely unhelpful...but this issue has been asked and answered in many other threads in the Idaho forum.

The media made a big deal out of Butler's Aryan Nation people 18 years ago. There are still a few of them around (like 2-3 of them printing flyers every so often). They get an INSANE amount of media coverage any time they raise their ugly heads because the media loves a good salacious story, when in fact there IS NO STORY and hate crimes in this area are nearly non-existent.

There are way more racists in major urban centers. I saw more white nazi skinheads in Los Angeles when I was a cop than I've seen in all the years I've lived here. And a lot more black-brown and black-asian hate crimes in LA too. And Idaho isn't even in the top most racist states (according to hate crimes per population and KKK groups).

This area is NOT racially diverse. And it's NOT terribly politically correct. But it IS racially tolerant. So living here will be different, and can take some getting used to because you'll hear race mentioned but not in the way you may think. Someone may say, "you know Bob...the black guy". But it's not meant in a racist way. It's an identifier like saying "you know Joe, the super tall guy".

Racism is a dislike of someone because of their race. Here race is just a difference in appearance. We're all Idahoans. And I think that's the take of everyone I've met so far in northern Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 AM

356 posts, read 520,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
I certainly intend to form my own opinion. The thing is, you've got "boots on the ground" and you mentioned this previously unmentioned aspect of the area's residents. So, I asked you.

I still don't have any answers...
pnw:

What Sage said. It was polite, considerate, and well-thought. Typical for Sage.

Personally, I said my piece in the thread just a few down here about whether Asians/Pacific Islanders are welcome. You might want to take a look at the thread.

Or you could search for the other threads asking whether it's true that we're all a bunch of racist lunatics up here in Idaho. There are several.

I would reply in detail to these types of questions, but I find that it takes too much time away from laundering and ironing my white sheet dress and arranging my tin-foil hat just so...

(Hint: Because this is the internet, I'll tell you that the above is said tongue in cheek. I understand you wanting the information, but it gets really old answering the same question over and over and over... Since my sticky idea didn't work [], maybe someone more patient and eloquent than I could come up with a stock reply? With links to the prior threads [which I can't figure out how to do.])

Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 AM

159 posts, read 354,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Idahoan View Post
Well, someone else will have to chime in here, but I remember when I would commute from Cataldo to CDA for work that eagles ABOUNDED around Lake CDA. Don't recall the time of year. Of course, this was before the massive bridge went in - I drove around the actual lake and for the good of progress, the bridge shocked me when I went back.
You can see the bald eagles at Beauty Bay as early as November and as late as mid January, the peak time is usually around Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho