Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,060,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
You've seen illegals hanging their butts out and pooping in creeks and streams?
Heck you ought to see the migrants picking citrus in FL. They just do it wherever they happen to be despite the fact that port-o-lets are provided. After seeingthat you'll never second guess the need for washing your produce ever again!

I cannot confirm I've ever witness illegals because I don't approach them and ask for papers. However, traveling along the interstate late at night in the I-70 corridor it is not unusual to see a van full of farker skined peoples of Mexican/S. American appearance unloading from white, windowless vans and into the truckstop for food, with no one able to speak English. In the winter none of these individuals usually are wearing adequate clothing for the cold weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 06:27 PM

50,616 posts, read 47,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
How do you know they're illegal?
Without cold hard facts I guess it's just speculation. Right?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:29 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,841,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Without cold hard facts I guess it's just speculation. Right?
Exactly...esp. when coming from the source. I mean some angry people who may pay a certain fee to the government may not understand that point, but there is always hope.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:33 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,534,313 times
I see dozens every day. Live in a new subdivision with lots of construction. How do I know, because I speak spanish and talk to lots of them, mostly illegal from Mexico, some from Honduras and a few from other southern nations. But then again I live in a state that doesn't really care or enforce the laws.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:03 PM

884 posts, read 718,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There already are unlimited H-2A visas for legal farm workers.
Yes you are right. Somehow a few slipped through the cracks without the visas.

Opps, did I say a few? I meant millions

Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 AM

105 posts, read 299,125 times
Glad to see some discussing going on, but I would like to keep this thread from getting side tracked if possible. Keep the reports coming.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,601,215 times
I have to say, here in Seattle they aren't that prevalent. Not to say a day goes by I don't see at least one, but it's not a situation where the area is overrun like almost anywhere else. The Home Depots around here have constructed gazebos at the far end of parking lots that they congregate at waiting for work (apparently to keep them from loitering in the parking lot or near the actual building), and of course if you walk around outside enough you'll come across some here and there. But by and large, it's not really an issue. I'm not sure what this city does to accomplish it. Maybe it's just the climate they don't like.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:48 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,615,411 times
A natural demographic change is a gradual process. You don’t wake up one morning and enter an area in which few Hispanics were visible, and suddenly see nothing BUT Hispanics. That’s precisely what happened in certain areas of metro DC. I recall riding through Alexandria, VA one day with a friend, and in unison we said, “Where are all of these Hispanics coming from?” It wasn’t a negative reaction. It was just culture shock. At the time, it didn’t occur to me that they were illegal aliens, because I was ignorant to the problem. I don’t know how many illegals are in this region, but there are mega Hispanic enclaves; whereas in the past they were few and far between.

I refuse to shop at Home Depot due to the hordes of illegals in the parking lot. The most infuriating aspect for me is the fact that prior to the invasion, I would notice a few black men soliciting work, but they were prohibited from “loitering” on the grounds.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:28 AM

3,069 posts, read 9,167,688 times
In charlotte NC where I live you see hundreds of them every time you go outside any place. We are swamped with illegals.....

Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,366,080 times
There's this one family down the street from me who are legal immigrants, nice folks. They don't have a lot but they put a lot of effort into their children’s education.
On the other hand, there's a trailer park down the road from me that has hundreds of Mexicans living there. They frequent a local store and I notice most of the Mexicans I see do not speak any English. They stink, drive illegal cars/trucks, let their rug rats (from 5yrs up) roam the area at all hours of the night, they litter and some of them have learned the phrase, "got any change?" I try to help them learn more English, especially the phrase, "get the hell away from me" but they don't seem too interested in that one.
I plan to move, mainly to get away from them. They’re driving my property value down, entender?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration