Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,313,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
You've seen illegals hanging their butts out and pooping in creeks and streams?
I have, also pissing in public, just out in the open. In a neighborhood that one of my cousins lived in, there was a Mexican family that was causing all kinds of trouble for people on the street, people who had lived there were fed up. The family wasn't cutting their grass, they were partying all night, and the final straw was when one of the friends decided to just take a leak right out in the open, during the broad daylight. I saw it with my own eyes, I couldn't believe it. He didn't try to go in a corner or behind a building, he just went there in the yard, where anyone could see him.

Out of my whole life, I have never seen ANYONE just **** out in the open like that. I have seen people go way off to a side behind some bushes and try to hide when there was no option, but I had never, ever seen someone just **** outside of a house when there was an option to go inside. Also, the fact that he just did it in public.

Well, needless to say, they had to move because they hit one of their neighbors cars while driving at night and did a hit and run. In court, it was discovered that they were illegally here. They ended up moving, much to the thanks of everyone on the street and they left a present for the landlord: bedbugs.

It's quite the story, all of the things that they did.

Oh, here's another thing: I was outside one day and saw them come home with a ton of groceries. They begin to load up half of those groceries in another car as someone helped them. I was thinking that there is a good chance that they purchased those groceries with a EBT card ("food stamps") and were sharing it with their friends and family. So, the illegal immigrant gets an EBT card (which they do) and they go shopping for their friends and family using our government money, so they can keep their extra money and buy other things. What a way to work the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Heck you ought to see the migrants picking citrus in FL. They just do it wherever they happen to be despite the fact that port-o-lets are provided.
Exactly! I couldn't believe it when I saw this dude (who was later found to be here illegally) taking a leak in the front yard! In all of my life, I never saw that in broad daylight. He didn't care about the little girl that might walk by and see him. Also, like you said, he had a bathroom in the house, but he chose to use the bathroom outside.

Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
I see dozens every day. Live in a new subdivision with lots of construction. How do I know, because I speak spanish and talk to lots of them, mostly illegal from Mexico, some from Honduras and a few from other southern nations. But then again I live in a state that doesn't really care or enforce the laws.
We're the same! I speak Spanish too and grew up during high school working in places like McDonalds with illegal immigrants, so I feel like we got the inside-scoop on this stuff. People will be like, "How do you know they are illegal immigrants," and I'm like, "Yo, they will tell you!" LOL

Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,727,537 times
I live in Florida. There's absolutely no way for me to tell which Hispanics migrated "legally" or "illegally". I don't ask to see their green cards or birth certificates.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:36 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,175,543 times
Pittsburgh, PA- I'm lucky to even see a "Hispanic looking" person a couple times a month. My county (Allegheny) is 1% Hispanic as of the 2009 American Community Survey; it is probably the largest county in the country that is still 1% Hispanic with 1,250,000 people in our county.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:45 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,818,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
We're the same! I speak Spanish too and grew up during high school working in places like McDonalds with illegal immigrants, so I feel like we got the inside-scoop on this stuff. People will be like, "How do you know they are illegal immigrants," and I'm like, "Yo, they will tell you!" LOL
Exactly. It's not as though they won't come right out and say they are - we all saw that with all that Dream Act propaganda - they come right out and say they are here illegally - no big deal.

Many are even in your face about it - because deportation almost never happens, there is no reason not to broadcast it.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I live in Florida. There's absolutely no way for me to tell which Hispanics migrated "legally" or "illegally". I don't ask to see their green cards or birth certificates.
With over half of hispanics here illegally - it's not really all that rare for people to have seen some.

To immigrate legally *should* mean the immigrant has made some effort to learn English but sadly that isn't even the case. Still - when you see people here unable to speak any English at all, it's a good sign they're not here legally.

But you're right - the standards for legal immigrants, particularly those brought in by family chain migration are extremely lax, the immigrant does not have to make the slightest effort to assimilate, learn the language of this country, taking food stamps, Medicaid, government housing, and can boast of their great pride in their own country - and still be legally immigrated.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Exactly! I couldn't believe it when I saw this dude (who was later found to be here illegally) taking a leak in the front yard! In all of my life, I never saw that in broad daylight. He didn't care about the little girl that might walk by and see him. Also, like you said, he had a bathroom in the house, but he chose to use the bathroom outside.
A lot of that where I live. I recently saw that same thing at 8 am near a busy intersection outside a convenience store - not behind the store, but right in front.

There are other bathroom clues that you're in an area with very high illegal immigration (but unfortunately legal immigration also) and that's the used toilet paper on the floor. They say it's got to do with septic systems back home and they haven't assimilated enough yet to understand it's not like that here. Or you even see signs in Spanish asking that they put the used paper in the commode.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly. It's not as though they won't come right out and say they are - we all saw that with all that Dream Act propaganda - they come right out and say they are here illegally - no big deal.

Many are even in your face about it - because deportation almost never happens, there is no reason not to broadcast it.
Sometimes they would tell you how much money they spent to get here illegally. "It cost me $3,000 to come here (through smuggler)." That was the other way in which I found out someone was an illegal immigrant.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A lot of that where I live. I recently saw that same thing at 8 am near a busy intersection outside a convenience store - not behind the store, but right in front.

There are other bathroom clues that you're in an area with very high illegal immigration (but unfortunately legal immigration also) and that's the used toilet paper on the floor. They say it's got to do with septic systems back home and they haven't assimilated enough yet to understand it's not like that here. Or you even see signs in Spanish asking that they put the used paper in the commode.
Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration