Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:28 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times

Advertisements

I see them all the time.

However - since H2A visas are unlimited, and green cards are very easily obtained, you can't assume all farm workers are here illegally. There's no real reason that farm workers have to be here illegally when the employers can obtain H2A visas which have no cap on them.

I live on the border - and often what you see here are people who are not *here* illegally but are working here illegally. They can easily obtain shopping cards that let them cross over to shop but then they find jobs or they simply never return home and nothing stops them from going anywhere else in the USA if they chose.

They can easily obtain visitor visas and hop on a Paisanos bus that will take their anywhere they like and they never have to return home. Nothing stops them from staying on for as long as they like and demanding their amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times
However just because someone can show a green card doesn't mean they're here legally since green cards can be sold over and over. Many green card holders sell them and report them stolen or lost along with other documentation and get the replacements in just about a week. So obviously that's become a big scam. Lots of green card holders don't belong to the green card they carry around.

Also on Juarez streets, it's very easy to "rent" a laser visa card that lets them cross over easily. The cartels manage these document selling stands because they control the illegal border crossing business. They will assist the individual in finding a card with a picture that resembles them, even suggesting a change in hair style or growing a moustache or shaving one to better match a picture.

These cards are only rented - once on this side, the card must be turned in. Serious consequences (Juarez style) if not turned in because these are actual stolen or sold legitimate laser visas that get used over and over - and over.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:51 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,880,427 times
Home Depot?Illegal Alien Heaven,driving around you see them selling Burnt Corn on a stick,Oranges,Coconut drinks and Tamales to primarily other Hispanics.

All this is usually done out of your Local Grocery store cart without proper sanitation so you are buying food prepared and handled by someone who relieves himself outdoors in public without running water or gloves,how sanitary.
Also for the holidays they are usually selling flowers on the center median of major on and offramps to the freeways so any trash generated gets thrown all over the city streets.

And the one that angered me the most is the Local carwash(Indian owned) that had an all Hispanic crew(most all in S. Calif. are like this) where I had books ,CD's and other items stolen out of my vehicle. I usually tip well and gave them the benefit of a doubt as I thought I might have misplaced these items,but after several occurences I stopped going there completely.

I now either wash my own truck or pay someone else to do it ln the neighborhood and have stopped going to the lacal carwash entirely.
If these business owners can't hir Legal and honest workers I've stopped dealing with them a few years ago. And that includes the gardener.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 PM

105 posts, read 298,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Home Depot?Illegal Alien Heaven,driving around you see them selling Burnt Corn on a stick,Oranges,Coconut drinks and Tamales to primarily other Hispanics.

All this is usually done out of your Local Grocery store cart without proper sanitation so you are buying food prepared and handled by someone who relieves himself outdoors in public without running water or gloves,how sanitary.
Also for the holidays they are usually selling flowers on the center median of major on and offramps to the freeways so any trash generated gets thrown all over the city streets.

And the one that angered me the most is the Local carwash(Indian owned) that had an all Hispanic crew(most all in S. Calif. are like this) where I had books ,CD's and other items stolen out of my vehicle. I usually tip well and gave them the benefit of a doubt as I thought I might have misplaced these items,but after several occurences I stopped going there completely.

I now either wash my own truck or pay someone else to do it ln the neighborhood and have stopped going to the lacal carwash entirely.
If these business owners can't hir Legal and honest workers I've stopped dealing with them a few years ago. And that includes the gardener.
There's the border states in a nutshell. Los Angeles was exactly like this. Dare I say east LA is worse then Tijuana? As for the local carwashes in SoCal I had the exact same experience. Everyone single person doing the labor could not speak a word of English. They lost me and my families business, hopefully others as well.

Like usual, keep the stories coming.....!

Old 01-01-2011, 08:54 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,241,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
OK's Immigration Bill "HR 1804" has pretty muched chased the illegals out of Oklahoma. I'm sure there are some up around OKC and Tulsa. Other than that, finding an illegal working ANY job in OK, is rare to obsolete.
Interesting, while Arizona has gotten all the publicity, Oklahoma has quietly gone about actually doing something about the problem. As to the topic, if I so desired, as soon as I posted this response I could walk outside, stand on the sidewalk, and watch the illegals pass by. As hundreds of angry frustrated previous posts have stated, Southern California is absolutely inundated with illegals. For all practical purposes, Los Angeles is Mexico Citys largest suburb. The southern two thirds of California is swarming with illegals. It is only when you get north of Sacramento that their presence lessens a bit and Spanish is only occasionally heard. Be intersting to see the demographic makeup of the nation when the 2010 census data is published.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,480,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Interesting, while Arizona has gotten all the publicity, Oklahoma has quietly gone about actually doing something about the problem. As to the topic, if I so desired, as soon as I posted this response I could walk outside, stand on the sidewalk, and watch the illegals pass by. As hundreds of angry frustrated previous posts have stated, Southern California is absolutely inundated with illegals. For all practical purposes, Los Angeles is Mexico Citys largest suburb. The southern two thirds of California is swarming with illegals. It is only when you get north of Sacramento that their presence lessens a bit and Spanish is only occasionally heard. Be intersting to see the demographic makeup of the nation when the 2010 census data is published.
Read my "location"(s) again....

Old 01-01-2011, 10:41 AM

974 posts, read 1,591,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Central Ill here. I see them everyday. they work where I do, but not for the same company.
You must work at ADM in Decatur lol.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,261,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
Simply tell your location or somewhere you have visited, then explain the amount of illegal alien activity you noticed.

2 years ago. Los Angeles, CA:
To keep this somewhat short and sweet...I was one of the few who could speak decent English. Spanish was heard in public almost exclusively. The crime was being commited by illegal aliens. Murders, DUI's, rapes, drugs...you name it. They had turned the entire area into their own Mexico and their own third world country. EVERYONE working could only speak Spanish. 99% were rude and had no concern for anyone else but themselves and their fellow illegals. Since then I've moved to South-Eastern Kentucky. The people here have no idea just how bad it is back there. But it's slowly making it's way here, way out in isolated appalachia. You run across illegals living out in the woods and doing their business in the creeks and streams. They're working some of the factories and agriculture and slowly making their way into the fast food/restaurant business. People here just don't seem to understand what it's like back in CA and that's what I fear the most.

Ok, your turn.
Yes they are here in Gwinnett county, GA and they make up a huge margin of the population. Most of them work and pay taxes. They are not all of Hispanic origin either. Here in the Atlanta area there are hundreds of illegal immigrants from Europe, Caribbean Islands, Asia and Africa. These illegals have mostly "over-stayed" past the date on their Visa's and are now illegal. Quite a number of them don't even have documents at all.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:02 AM

105 posts, read 298,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
Yes they are here in Gwinnett county, GA and they make up a huge margin of the population. Most of them work and pay taxes. They are not all of Hispanic origin either. Here in the Atlanta area there are hundreds of illegal immigrants from Europe, Caribbean Islands, Asia and Africa. These illegals have mostly "over-stayed" past the date on their Visa's and are now illegal. Quite a number of them don't even have documents at all.
I don't think any amount of hard work or money in taxes could be worth this Please note this is by the INS (http://dare2sayit.com/FBI%20report.htm - broken link)

Old 01-02-2011, 11:18 AM

2,534 posts, read 2,261,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
I don't think any amount of hard work or money in taxes could be worth this Please note this is by the INS (http://dare2sayit.com/FBI%20report.htm - broken link)
Which INS website did these statistics come from? The one you posted is not an INS website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration