Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,584,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you are using the fact that their methodology was questioned in a few other of the 1000s of studies they've done to discredit this one? ROFL. Apparently you must not have a clue where to start.
Obviously, neither do they.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
LOLOL. You said you trust no gov't data. None. You capitalized NONE FFS. Glad to see that was such a thorn in your side for 1 day that you have reverted to refuting/accepting data on whims. In other words, if it suits your agenda or not.
Sorry, but I am not responsible for your inability to follow this thread. I am not discussing all government agencies. Otherwise, I would have included them in the OP.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:22 AM

951 posts, read 746,386 times
Break it down then. We've been waiting for 8 pages now. We're finally past the "they don't check immigration status" stage thank god.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but I am not responsible for your inability to follow this thread. I am not discussing all government agencies. Otherwise, I would have included them in the OP.
OK. Except what I quoted is from another thread altogether. Lie more.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Break it down then. We've been waiting for 8 pages now. We're finally past the "they don't check immigration status" stage thank god.
Sorry, but I already “broke it down” when I started this thread. Now, it’s up to you to disprove me. I’m still waiting. . . .

Still no comments on the other agencies. I wonder why.

Quote:
OK. Except what I quoted is from another thread altogether. Lie more.
And, if I’m not mistaken, you chose to comment on this thread in the other thread. To which I responded accordingly. I even suggested you discuss this thread in this thread, rather than the other. Is your memory that short?

Old 07-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but I already “broke it down” when I started this thread. Now, it’s up to you to disprove me. I’m still waiting. . . .
You didn't break anything down. You went on for most of this thread saying it was impossible because the Census didn't keep track of immigration status. It was apparently beyond your comprehension that we can still determine an estimated illegal count by using other data they actually do provide. You then went on to tell us how illegals are such a low class of people that they wouldn't fill out the census or would lie on it. Without data to back it up of course. So, you still haven't explained why their methodology is erred in this study. Not once. You even tried to stop talking about the PEW altogether at one point claiming it was off topic because "I didn't include that in the 4 groups in the OP waaaaaah". Did you do your refuting before or after that little outbreak?

Don't worry when we get over your roadblocks of comprehension on the census and other groups using census data we can discuss the others.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
You didn't break anything down. You went on for most of this thread saying it was impossible because the Census didn't keep track of immigration status. It was apparently beyond your comprehension that we can still determine an estimated illegal count by using other data they actually do provide. You then went on to tell us how illegals are such a low class of people that they wouldn't fill out the census or lie on it. Without data to back it up of course. So, you still haven't explained why their methodology is erred in this study. Not once.

Don't worry when we get over your roadblocks of comprehension on the census and other groups using census data we can discuss the others.
No, it was YOU who chose to fixate on the Census Bureau, Pew, and the estimated number of illegals, not I. I simply responded. Again, we already know there are untold millions of illegals in this country, regardless of which source you or I believe. Now, let’s move on. That is, unless you want to continue this senseless beating of a dead horse.

I presented my assessment of four government agencies. We have already discussed and disagreed on one. Now let’s see how you fare on the others. Shall we?

Old 07-24-2011, 12:11 PM

So since you've now claimed your only issues are with those 4, I'm sure you are going to agree with this person's assessment about Texas right?

Quote:
Maybe you and Benicar need to go to Texas and have some words with their head of finance.

Texas Report: Immigrants Help Economy - washingtonpost.com

Quote:
A report by the top financial officer of Texas claims illegal immigrants are more a boon to the Lone Star State's economy than a drain, adding another layer to the immigration reform debate.Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn found that illegal immigrants not only contributed more than $17 billion to the state's economy in the last fiscal year, but that they also pay more than enough in taxes and fees to cover the services they receive.
Actual Report:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/specia...documented.pdf

Old 07-24-2011, 12:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,224,938 times
Quote:
So since you've now claimed your only issues are with those 4, I'm sure you are going to agree with this person's assessment about Texas right?
Amazing huh?
Quote:
Strayhorn just lost a bitter battle for governor after running as an independent and has been accused of manipulating state data to make Republican Gov. Rick Perry look bad.
There are (according to the article) 1.4 million illegal aliens in Texas.....

AND (according to the article) these 1.4 million illegal aliens contributed more than $17.7 billion dollars to the Texas economy....

AND these same illegal aliens also produced $1.58 billion dollars in taxes and fees paid to the state......

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Texas must have the richest illegal aliens in the entire United States.........

And these same illegal aliens only cost Texas $3.58 billion dollars.......

With California having more illegal aliens than Texas why isn't their economy basking in the glow of excess money too?

Absolutely astounding how the Democrats find ways to show illegal aliens are good for America......

Last edited by plwhit; 07-24-2011 at 12:31 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
No, it was YOU who chose to fixate on the Census Bureau, Pew, and the estimated number of illegals, not I. I simply responded. Again, we already know there are untold millions of illegals in this country, regardless of which source you or I believe. Now, let’s move on. That is, unless you want to continue this senseless beating of a dead horse.

I presented my assessment of four government agencies. We have already discussed and disagreed on one. Now let’s see how you fare on the others. Shall we?

What magical method do your sources use? Please link. You haven't done anything to prove that the estimate of foreign born is in error. You've just said "lol the Census is bad" again and again. That is all you ever do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.