Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:10 PM

951 posts, read 745,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, Pew and other organizations rely on data from the Census Bureau. In your link to Pew they acknowledge “official government data” as their source. I think you need to re-read your article. However, Pew is NOT the topic of this thread. Nor is La Raza, which I also mentioned by name.
Well you got to like the 4th page finally. Too bad you've been trying to discredit it for several pages here already.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah no. It makes more sense that they would turn it in immediately to avoid raising suspicions or having census workers knocking on their door to get it turned in.
As you have told others here, come up with facts to back up your statement....

You have told others here their sense makes no sense, why does your sense make any sense

Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
As you have told others here, come up with facts to back up your statement....

Lulz. I'm not the one trying to discredit million dollar studies because "they are all criminals and won't cooperate". The burden of proof is on Benicar, or you if you are making that claim. Approx. 12 million illegals actually did turn in the census report so that's pretty much some bigoted **** you are trying to push unless you have proof.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Lulz. I'm not the one trying to discredit million dollar studies because "they are all criminals and won't cooperate". The burden of proof is on Benicar, or you if you are making that claim as well.
If you disagree with the OP YOU come up with facts to disprove him/her.

Million dollar survey, so that makes it it THE TRUTH?

If my survey costs multi-millions and disproves your survey is it THE TRUTH?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Well it may not be but I'm sure as hell not gong to discredit it because you and Benicar assume all illegals are horrible criminals and can't be trusted to fill out a simple census report. Like I said, if you have actual proof of the invalidity of the PEW Report please bring it to the conversation. Benicar started this thread to debunk all these studies and I'm not seeing it happen. All you are doing now is projecting your stereotypes onto all illegals and claiming that is why the data is invalid. LOL.

Maybe posting that driver's license pic you like so much would nail a point home somehow.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:20 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Well you got to like the 4th page finally. Too bad you've been trying to discredit it for several pages here already.
No, I didn’t FINALLY get to anything. I mentioned it twice early in this thread. Or, did you forget?

Allow me to refresh your memory. . .

Quote:
According to Pew, their estimates are based on official government data. Since there is no official government data, only figures pulled from the sky, their reports are as useless as their source.

Again, how can the government estimate the number of illegal aliens in this country without having a method by which to identify them? They certainly can’t use the data from the Census Bureau, given that their questionnaire does not indicate immigration status. So, please explain how they can determine the number of people living in this country illegally.
Quote:
Their methodology is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what method they use to arrive at their estimates, if they are using bogus data. According to your posted link, their data source is the federal government. Need I say more?

Old 07-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Oh yeah back when you were claiming the PEW couldn't figure out the illegal population because the Census DIDN'T HAVE A CHECKBOX FOR THAT!!! It's tough to keep up when you change arguments like a crack head changes conversation topics.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Well it may not be. I'm not gong to discredit it because you and Benicar assume all illegals are horrible criminals and can't be trusted to fill out a simple census report. Like I said, if you have actual proof of the invalidity of the PEW Report please bring it to the conversation.
~Yawn~

As I've said, studies and report results can mean anything.....

The results can be skewed depending on how the questions were worded, the types of questions asked, who responded to the survey or report etc....

I suggest you do a search with these keywords:

pew does skewed surveys

As you will find PEW has been nailed numerous times for skewing their surveys........

Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
Quote:
Well it may not be but I'm sure as hell not gong to discredit it because you and Benicar assume all illegals are horrible criminals and can't be trusted to fill out a simple census report. Like I said, if you have actual proof of the invalidity of the PEW Report please bring it to the conversation. Benicar started this thread to debunk all these studies and I'm not seeing it happen. All you are doing now is projecting your stereotypes onto all illegals and claiming that is why the data is invalid. LOL.

Maybe posting that driver's license pic you like so much would nail a point home somehow.
My opinion of illegal aliens has no bearing on the veracity, or lack thereof, of the Census data. Nor would it matter if every illegal alien in this country completed the form. The absence of immigration status on their questionnaire makes their data on illegal immigration a guesstimate. Nothing more.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Well geez then it shouldn't be hard for you or Benicar to discredit that study I posted since that is what this thread is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration