Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 AM

951 posts, read 746,845 times

Advertisements

That is the same 27% figure benicar tried to claim was illegals. It is actually all foreign born legal and illegal. Only 1.6 percent of that 27 percent were under ICE jurisdiction. didnt you get the memo? benicar announced that all data from the govt is bad. why are you using it?

BTW the racist pics aren't helping your cause any.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:41 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,233,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
That is the same 27% figure benicar tried to claim was illegals. It is actually all foreign born legal and illegal. Only 1.6 percent of that 27 percent were under ICE jurisdiction. didnt you get the memo? benicar announced that all data from the govt is bad. why are you using it?

BTW the racist pics aren't helping your cause any.
Am I Benicar? No......

You have a problem with the figures???? Tell it to the originator, The U.S. Government Accountability Office, not me...

I'm sure you know better than that organization.....

BTW, did you see the latest way illegal aliens are trying sneak into the United States?

Pretty clever huh?

Last edited by plwhit; 07-24-2011 at 12:49 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
You have a problem with the figures???? Tell it to the originator, The U.S. Government Accountability Office, not me...

I'm sure you know better than that organization.....
No, I just apparently know how to read better than you.

From that report:

Quote:
Specifically, in 2005, GAO reported that the percentage of criminal aliens in federal prisons was about 27 percent of the total inmate population from 2001 through 2004.
U.S. GAO - Criminal Alien Statistics: Information on Incarcerations, Arrests, and Costs

That 27% is criminal aliens, both legal and illegal.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Don’t twist my words. Please quote where I said ALL data from the government is wrong? Don’t bother searching, you won’t find it. I said, all FEDERAL GOVERNMENT reports pertaining to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, based on Census, SSA, IRS, and USCIS are bogus. And, why are they bogus? Follow carefully. . . . because their data source is flawed. In other words, it's nonexistent.

Regarding the data on the prison population, while not 100% accurate due to a limited sampling, it is in fact based on actual incarcerated “non-citizens.” And, you cannot assume that only those “under ICE jurisdiction” are illegal aliens, or fall under the purview of ICE. In case you don’t know, the “I” in the ICE acronym represents the word Immigration. Therefore, ALL non-citizen felons would be considered “under ICE jurisdiction,” would they not? After all, they are ALL deportable non-citizens. Or, did you think only illegal alien criminals are deportable? Try again.

Since the Census Bureau is the only agency questioned or discussed, should I assume we are in agreement on the remaining three agencies? If so, it would be rather disingenuous to continue touting the myth that 75% of illegals pay taxes, or any other tax contribution claims. That is, unless you know how the SSA and IRS can determine their share of taxes.

So, I suppose the best we can do is have a guesstimate of their numbers. According to some sources, we have 10.8-12 million, while others estimate 20-30 million. Unfortunately, as previously stated, that is ALL we know. But, do we actually need the government to tell us we have millions of invaders in this country? We already know that. I am more concerned about the billions we are spending, the closure of hospitals, the overcrowded/subpar schools, the countless victims of IA identity theft, welfare and Medicaid fraud, and their astronomical birthrate. In other words, this intolerable scourge is of greater importance than an accurate estimate of their numbers.

Oh, and it appears the “gospel according to Pew” has quite a few issues. . . .

Quote:
Recent Pew Center Report Flawed
https://www.mosers.org/MOSERS-News-A...rt-Flawed.aspx

Quote:
NCPERS Finds Pew Report on Public Pensions Seriously Flawed, Warns that Misguided Policy Approaches Could Follow
NCPERS Finds Pew Report on Public Pensions Seriously Flawed, Warns that Misguided Policy Approaches Could Follow | Reuters

Quote:
AVMA SAYS Pew Commission report is flawed, unscientific
AVMA says Pew Commission report is flawed, unscientific (http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/sep09/090901a.asp - broken link)

Quote:
Pew Report on Racial Views Deeply Flawed
Pew Report on Racial Views Deeply Flawed :: racismreview.com

Quote:
ADA finds 'major flaws' in Pew midlevel provider report
Dental Practice Management

And, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention your other “irrefutable” source. . . .

Mind you, the first article is a report from the Government Accounting Office.

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- The Census Bureau released its 2000 population counts without resolving more than 4,800 questions raised by a quality-control review, a congressional investigation found. "That the apportionment and redistricting data were released with around 4,800 unresolved data issues of unknown validity, magnitude and impact is cause for concern," the General Accounting Office said in a report Friday. "The bureau missed an important opportunity to verify and possibly improve the quality of the data."
Gao: Census Data Are Flawed - Orlando Sentinel

Quote:
The Mexican American Legislative Caucus (MALC) filed suit against the State of Texas to prevent the use of flawed census data. During the decennial census, standard process and procedure was not followed which resulted in a substantial undercount of the Latino population.
MALC sues the state of Texas over flawed Census numbers | Mexican American Legislative Caucus

Quote:
Smithfield leaders last week discovered an error in figures released last week by the U.S. Census Bureau. Those figures showed that Smithfield had lost more than 500 people -- or 4.7 percent of its population -- since the last Census in 2000.

But the Census initially over-counted Smithfield's population in 2000; a group living facility outside of town was mistakenly counted inside the town limits. So Smithfield's population in 2000 was actually 10,867 -- not 11,510.
theherald-nc.com | Census data flawed

Quote:
How do 121,000 people disappear into thin air?

That, in essence, is what happened between 2009, when the U.S. Census Bureau made its latest population estimate for the city of Atlanta, and 2010, when the census performed its actual once-a-decade count.

It’s a huge deal, because it threatens to rob the city and Fulton County of millions of dollars and some of their political muscle. Even the state could take a financial hit.
Census shock result of flawed estimates *| ajc.com

Last edited by Benicar; 07-24-2011 at 07:33 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
The government obviously doesn't like to give factual statistics except when it comes to some sob story that is supposed to help the illegals. Here is one that shows how much they depend on government handouts:

Health care: Proposed Medicaid cuts would hurt, cost El Paso - El Paso Times

And Hispanics nationwide will suffer disproportionately from such cuts because they "fall at the lower end of the income spectrum," according to a report from the National Council of La Raza released last week. More than one in four Hispanics are covered by Medicaid, including half of all Hispanic children who also benefit from its companion, the Children's Health Insurance Program, according to the study.

And this:

"A lot of these people are in low-wage jobs, and it is often the case that (those employers) don't offer health insurance," said Kathleen Stoll, Families USA deputy director.

Maybe they ought to make their employers provide for them -- you want them, you pay for them. And that should apply to the family sponsors who almost never provide health insurance plans for their immigrants.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The government obviously doesn't like to give factual statistics except when it comes to some sob story that is supposed to help the illegals. Here is one that shows how much they depend on government handouts:

Health care: Proposed Medicaid cuts would hurt, cost El Paso - El Paso Times

And Hispanics nationwide will suffer disproportionately from such cuts because they "fall at the lower end of the income spectrum," according to a report from the National Council of La Raza released last week. More than one in four Hispanics are covered by Medicaid, including half of all Hispanic children who also benefit from its companion, the Children's Health Insurance Program, according to the study.

And this:

"A lot of these people are in low-wage jobs, and it is often the case that (those employers) don't offer health insurance," said Kathleen Stoll, Families USA deputy director.

Maybe they ought to make their employers provide for them -- you want them, you pay for them. And that should apply to the family sponsors who almost never provide health insurance plans for their immigrants.
It’s hilarious that these “low-wage jobs” are somehow responsible for a huge tax base, or that their “contributions” could possibly amount to more than a drop in the bucket compared to the billions in benefits and services they receive.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,810,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s hilarious that these “low-wage jobs” are somehow responsible for a huge tax base, or that their “contributions” could possibly amount to more than a drop in the bucket compared to the billions in benefits and services they receive.
Yeah and they don't even pay sales taxes in Texas which really makes their contributions nil. All they have to do is run over to a manifestos office and get their sales taxes rebated.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Don’t twist my words. Please quote where I said ALL data from the government is wrong? Don’t bother searching, you won’t find it. I said, all FEDERAL GOVERNMENT reports pertaining to ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, based on Census, SSA, IRS, and USCIS are bogus. And, why are they bogus? Follow carefully. . . . because their data source is flawed. In other words, it's nonexistent.
Is this like where you tell me to do something but hope I don't?

Quote:
Apparently you have missed the numerous times I have mentioned the ineptitude of the federal government. And, yes, when relevant, I have linked to federal government sources. But, after a thorough assessment of their data source, or lack thereof, I have come to the realization that NONE of their data is credible.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Regarding the data on the prison population, while not 100% accurate due to a limited sampling, it is in fact based on actual incarcerated “non-citizens.” And, you cannot assume that only those “under ICE jurisdiction” are illegal aliens, or fall under the purview of ICE. In case you don’t know, the “I” in the ICE acronym represents the word Immigration. Therefore, ALL non-citizen felons would be considered “under ICE jurisdiction,” would they not? After all, they are ALL deportable non-citizens. Or, did you think only illegal alien criminals are deportable? Try again.
When you can tell me how anyone is determining the illegals not under ICE jurisdiction I'll stop trying. You haven't even been able to attempt that, in 2 threads now. Try again.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:

And, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention your other “irrefutable” source. . . .

Mind you, the first article is a report from the Government Accounting Office.
Sure, but the first person to use a GAO report in both threads so far was you. I just posted other relevant information you were leaving out. You've already made it clear you trust no gov't source. Try again.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-24-2011 at 10:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration