Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:52 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,740,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Oh you mean we are heading to huge economic growth rates (well up until very recently) and hardly any racial or cultural strife (China is 90+% Han)?
The problems in China are not caused by cheap labor-sure some of the workers may work in slave-like conditions which is terrible, but it is also fueling China's economic rise.

I do get your point but for the example you might want to pick country with a little less of a bright future. I agree that we, the US, can't afford to go with the cheap labor solution and let all these illegals stay. I think a more fitting analogy would be the Balkans where the U.S. might split into several groups.
chinas 8 to 10 percent economic growth comes with a huge price tag like massive pollution problems. like land water air river u name it they have it! and it's all funded by [leagal] slave labor the world needs long term solutions not shorttermmitis! chinas econemy is going to collaps. do the math u cant grow at that rate for very long! the world needs to thoroughly think out long term sustainable solutions! and it's going take the combined effort of every single human on this planet. no mater how small of a cotribution it will all mater in the futurei would say overpopulation is the root cause of all of the worlds major problems it creates massive poverty and poverty creates crime -pollution- hate and civil unrest and then war. and dont forget about the rich there up there with poverty when it comes to environmental degregation and pollution and species extintion etc. the rich just dont see it like the poor do i dont think the poor people are buying elaphant ivory or shark fin soup etc. i guess it just comes down to the word greed when it comes to the rich. think about it the rich buy the ivory ohh look at that beautifull ivory necless the poor see the death of the elephant oohh' look at that poor dead elephant thats gross! u get the picture' in the long run overpopulation will creates poverty and poverty creates all of the above. poverty will be our demise if we keep heading down the path of business as usual attitude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,621,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Oh you mean we are heading to huge economic growth rates (well up until very recently) and hardly any racial or cultural strife (China is 90+% Han)?
Try to tell a Tibetan or Uighur that China doesn't have ethnic or cultural strife.

The myth of no Chinese racial or cultural strife is pushed by the Chinese government's propaganda, which emphasizes that China will triumph due to "racial purity". Chinese propaganda now sounds like German propaganda 70 years ago and I hope the same result doesn't occur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration