Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 03:16 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,878,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertylover7 View Post
Three states were hard hit by the recession in areas employing the illegals. AZ, NV and FL. AZ lost 20% of its illegal population. NV and FL both lost 21%.

So what was the impact of the AZ legislation?

I am inclined to believe that this sort of legislation may scatter the illegals more but I don't think it makes them leave the US
You and your fellow illegal supporters don't think anything will make them leave the US. You think Americans should reward their criminal activities with American citizenship and all kinds of subsidies. Anytime those of us who are rational on this issue propose another course of action on this isssue, one that does not involve punishing the middle class or overcrowding schools in low income areas, you declare that course of action unpatriotic, unthinkable and unworkable.

NV, Olecapt, is in trouble because of multiple factors including a massive influx of illegals. It is not coincidence that the state with the nation's highest unemployment rate is also the state with the greatest number of illegals.

The facts are that illegals are only here for what they can get not what they can contribute. They're only interested in gaining American citizenship because it will give them access to the American welfare system. That's the last thing we should ever do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,350,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You and your fellow illegal supporters don't think anything will make them leave the US. You think Americans should reward their criminal activities with American citizenship and all kinds of subsidies. Anytime those of us who are rational on this issue propose another course of action on this isssue, one that does not involve punishing the middle class or overcrowding schools in low income areas, you declare that course of action unpatriotic, unthinkable and unworkable.

NV, Olecapt, is in trouble because of multiple factors including a massive influx of illegals. It is not coincidence that the state with the nation's highest unemployment rate is also the state with the greatest number of illegals.

The facts are that illegals are only here for what they can get not what they can contribute. They're only interested in gaining American citizenship because it will give them access to the American welfare system. That's the last thing we should ever do.
They will have no where else to "scatter" to within our country if the SC rules in favor of these laws. Watch other states implement these same kinds of laws then. Adios, amigos! No costs involved with self-deportations.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,241,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
More and more AMERICANS finding work once stolen by illegals. The tough illegal immigration laws implemented by the state are working.

Alabama is just one state trying to get a handle on their illegal problem, something the obama administration is bent on stopping.

Alabama Immigration Reform | Jobless Rate | Unemployment | The Daily Caller

This is good news indeed.

PUSH the illegals to those states that welcome them with open arms - CALIF, NY, IL...that is the plan.
Must be citizens taking all those jobs nobody else would do.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,081,196 times
Quote:
Three states were hard hit by the recession in areas employing the illegals. AZ, NV and FL. AZ lost 20% of its illegal population. NV and FL both lost 21%.

So what was the impact of the AZ legislation?

I am inclined to believe that this sort of legislation may scatter the illegals more but I don't think it makes them leave the US
Isn't that the point, to scatter or get them to move on their own accord? If all the States were to enact legislation like that of AZ, GA, AL, etc, wouldn't many illegals scatter? Wouldn't they attempt to bypass the USA do to it not being as easy as it once was?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM

387 posts, read 338,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Isn't that the point, to scatter or get them to move on their own accord? If all the States were to enact legislation like that of AZ, GA, AL, etc, wouldn't many illegals scatter? Wouldn't they attempt to bypass the USA do to it not being as easy as it once was?
Nope it might lower the local concentrations a bit...if that.

NV lost more illegals than did AZ. NV did nothing other than have a lousey economy...which is what AZ also had.

So in that area at least it would appear that a bad economy scatters the illegals. I would rather have a good economy myself...and deal with the illegals in some other fashion.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Nope it might lower the local concentrations a bit...if that.

NV lost more illegals than did AZ. NV did nothing other than have a lousey economy...which is what AZ also had.

So in that area at least it would appear that a bad economy scatters the illegals. I would rather have a good economy myself...and deal with the illegals in some other fashion.
Nope? Really?! What was all the complaining about then? If you are using the report I think you are (PEW), it says it is a mix of both the economy and enforcement.
Quote:
Passel said the recent declines have been led by the departure of a significant number of Mexican illegal immigrants, who have traditionally made up the majority of the U.S. undocumented population. Experts say many may have returned voluntarily because of disparate work in the U.S. due to the down economy. But enhanced enforcement of U.S. immigration laws is also widely cited as an explanation for the decline.
Here is a Alabama article claiming it is the State Law that passed causing many to leave:
Quote:
Over a month after the nation’s toughest immigration law took effect in Alabama, hundreds of Hispanic students are still missing from the state’s public school system – and they are likely gone for good.On Monday, a whopping 1,807 Hispanics in the state didn’t show up to school, according to the number of student absences provided to POLITICO by the Alabama Department of Education. This is about 800 more than what was considered a normal absentee count among Hispanic youth before parts of the state’s immigration law were approved at the end of September. On Tuesday, the number was 1,540.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1hmj5Z3hH

Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Nope? Really?! What was all the complaining about then? If you are using the report I think you are (PEW), it says it is a mix of both the economy and enforcement. Here is a Alabama article claiming it is the State Law that passed causing many to leave:
Let me project that to a 1000 kids gone. So 4000 people left. Let me presume they left the country.

So we are now down .035% of the illegal population. He get thirty more of those and we should be down 1%. No though...we probably get more than that in each year at this point.

But it is nice to know you rejoice in infinitesssimal reductions.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Let me project that to a 1000 kids gone. So 4000 people left. Let me presume they left the country.

So we are now down .035% of the illegal population. He get thirty more of those and we should be down 1%. No though...we probably get more than that in each year at this point.

But it is nice to know you rejoice in infinitesssimal reductions.
Why not do this in all 50 states. Note: instead of using the entirety of illegal aliens to assume your percentage why not use the illegal population of Alabama? So 1800 x 4 would be closer to 8000, almost twice as many as your claim, but then all those that are still leaving since, I would assume closer to a total of 12,000 persons in all.

Now times that by 50 states and we get to half of the entirety of illegals in the USA, not quite so infinitesimal is it?

Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Why not do this in all 50 states. Note: instead of using the entirety of illegal aliens to assume your percentage why not use the illegal population of Alabama? So 1800 x 4 would be closer to 8000, almost twice as many as your claim, but then all those that are still leaving since, I would assume closer to a total of 12,000 persons in all.

Now times that by 50 states and we get to half of the entirety of illegals in the USA, not quite so infinitesimal is it?
Actually that is 600,000. You slipped a decimal. or 5.2%.

You might also reread it.. The missing kids were between 500 and 800 or so. I over exagerated to keep you happy. I also used 4 people per family which was likely high. Well you could use the Alabama population which gets you all the way up to 3%. But at this point I would note they go to other states not out of country. So the US illegals population does not move at all.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Actually that is 600,000. You slipped a decimal. or 5.2%.

You might also reread it.. The missing kids were between 500 and 800 or so. I over exagerated to keep you happy. I also used 4 people per family which was likely high. Well you could use the Alabama population which gets you all the way up to 3%. But at this point I would note they go to other states not out of country. So the US illegals population does not move at all.
What do you think I've been saying? If all 50 states implement something on the scale of Alabama or Arizona we could get maybe half of the overall population to self deport rather simply. The average family is 4, some more than 4 to as many as 6. Don't forget all the farm laborers as well. So if all 50 states, like I said earlier, were to implement these bills, approx. half of the illegal alien population would scatter out of the US. You might want to re-read my previous comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration