Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,078,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You've failed to prove your case. I'm against illegal immigration but obsessing about them by dehumanizing them ignores the open door policy that lobbyists inviting them here created. Why isn't the hate speech directed at lobbyists? Because xenophobia is a higher priority.

The reasons I am against the presence of undocumented workers are numerous and valid. Security, due process of law, meaningful participation in citizenship just to name a few. It's a two way street. Freedom isn't free and rights are not without responsibility. They are a vulnerable underclass of individuals exploited by evil (false) Americans who themselves have no allegiance to this nation, yet, ironically, demand top shelf representation themselves at the expense of the will of We the People (the real citizens).
To call them illegal aliens is dehumanizing and xenophobic? Lobbyists invited them? Talk about not proving your case. Most come here for economic benefit of themselves, for many it is a rite of passage. They obtain their own false documents, or are exploited by those of their own ethnicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
The reason the hate is not directed towards lobbyists is the simple fact that your average American has no idea that those bottom feeders even exist....sad but true.
How does the "lobbyist" invite illegal aliens here? Do they send them invitations in the mail? Hate? Education on the subject matter might help you.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You've failed to prove your case. I'm against illegal immigration but obsessing about them by dehumanizing them ignores the open door policy that lobbyists inviting them here created. Why isn't the hate speech directed at lobbyists? Because xenophobia is a higher priority.

The reasons I am against the presence of undocumented workers are numerous and valid. Security, due process of law, meaningful participation in citizenship just to name a few. It's a two way street. Freedom isn't free and rights are not without responsibility. They are a vulnerable underclass of individuals exploited by evil (false) Americans who themselves have no allegiance to this nation, yet, ironically, demand top shelf representation themselves at the expense of the will of We the People (the real citizens).
Illegal alien isn't a race. I want them gone. Let Mexico and so on take care of their bottom of the barrel people.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:13 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
To call them illegal aliens is dehumanizing and xenophobic? Lobbyists invited them? Talk about not proving your case. Most come here for economic benefit of themselves, for many it is a rite of passage. They obtain their own false documents, or are exploited by those of their own ethnicity.
How does the "lobbyist" invite illegal aliens here? Do they send them invitations in the mail? Hate? Education on the subject matter might help you.
Education on the subject probably WOULDN'T help you unfortunately because you think you have it all figured out.

What does a lobbyist do?WHO do they do it for?Could it be for big business to ask politicians to go easy on illegals for the low wages?Could it be the hispanic/latino/whatever they want to be called today community lobbying for easier treatment/lack of enforcement on behalf of illegals?Could it be extreme right/left wing groups having lobbyists do their dirty work.

I wish I was half as smart as you THINK you are on the world around me...I'd give Bill Gates a run for his money then.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
I have to laugh when someone calls objection to illegal immigration "xenophobia". A xenophobic has a fear of strangers. As I have asked many times in here and not one defender of illegal aliens has ever answered, "just who is a stranger to our country"? Don't we have every possible ethnic group/nationality already living in this country many if not most are citizens or legal immigrants of this country already? I also note how these defenders of illegals never want to put any blame on the illegals themselves. I will be the first to admit that the employers and our government are to blame for the illegal alien problem we have but there is a third guilty party in all of this and that is the illegals themselves. I am still waiting for the defenders of illegals to also blame the illegals. I won't hold my breath, however.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Education on the subject probably WOULDN'T help you unfortunately because you think you have it all figured out.

What does a lobbyist do?WHO do they do it for?Could it be for big business to ask politicians to go easy on illegals for the low wages?Could it be the hispanic/latino/whatever they want to be called today community lobbying for easier treatment/lack of enforcement on behalf of illegals?Could it be extreme right/left wing groups having lobbyists do their dirty work.

I wish I was half as smart as you THINK you are on the world around me...I'd give Bill Gates a run for his money then.

Which "big business" hires them/invites them? What lobbying group...c-mon be specific. I can go on, but your argument is rather lacking, nothing but poor rhetoric. If you can come up with a rational argument, maybe then we can discuss how well versed you are on the subject.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:

Which "big business" hires them/invites them? What lobbying group...c-mon be specific. I can go on, but your argument is rather lacking, nothing but poor rhetoric. If you can come up with a rational argument, maybe then we can discuss how well versed you are on the subject.
Wal-Mart settles illegal worker suit for $11 million - Mar. 18, 2005

250 workers arrested at Wal-Mart on immigration charges - Oct. 23, 2003

USATODAY.com - Affidavit says Wal-Mart execs knew of illegal workers

"A pair of senior Wal-Mart executives knew cleaning contractors were hiring illegal immigrants, many of whom were housed in crowded conditions and sometimes slept in the backs of stores, according to a federal agency's affidavit."

Tyson Foods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2001, Tyson was charged with conspiracy to smuggle undocumented workers to work on its production lines. Tyson plant managers arranged for delivery of illegal workers with undercover immigration officials. Prosecutors alleged that the conspiracy to import workers dates back to 1994 when plant managers began to find it difficult to fill positions with "cheap legal help". Of the six managers who were indicted, two accepted plea bargain deals, and one committed suicide one month after being charged. In March 2003, a federal jury acquitted Tyson of having knowingly hired illegal immigrants.[17][18]
In May 2006, Tyson suspended operations at nine plants during a nationwide day of immigration demonstrations citing expected lack of workers.[19]
In October 2006, a federal judge granted class-action status to a lawsuit brought by Tyson employees who allege that Tyson's practice of hiring illegal immigrants depresses wages 10–30%. The suit further contends that the company violated federal racketeering laws by conspiring with National Council of La Raza and League of United Latin American Countries not to question the employment applications of anyone with a Hispanic surname.[20][21][22]

http://www.wehirealiens.com/index.asp

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-02-08/news/28550637_1_chipotle-burrito-immigration-policy

Quote:

Filipina Fiancee Visa - Illegal Immigration to the United States

However, these penalties are rarely enforced by immigration officials. It is a crime that the immigration laws are not enforced,this is mainly due to the power of immigrant lobbies, pro-illegal immigrants groups, and employers who employ the illegal aliens for cheap labor.

FAIR: Immigration Lobbying: A Window Into the World of Special Interests (2008) (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2/639032156?page=NewsArticle&id=19709&security=1601& news_iv_ctrl=1761 - broken link)

"What is eye-opening is the scope of interest groups that have been involved in lobbying Congress on immigration policy, how much money these interest groups spend on lobbying in Washington, and how little of it is directed toward promoting the public interest."

The illegal alien / open borders lobby - The Dustin Inman Society - Secure American Borders - Enforce American laws

GOOD LINK^^^^^^^

google is your friend...ready to open that discussion yet?

Last edited by Yac; 03-26-2012 at 02:25 AM..

Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:

However, these penalties are rarely enforced by immigration officials. It is a crime that the immigration laws are not enforced,this is mainly due to the power of immigrant lobbies, pro-illegal immigrants groups, and employers who employ the illegal aliens for cheap labor.

FAIR: Immigration Lobbying: A Window Into the World of Special Interests (2008) (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2/639032156?page=NewsArticle&id=19709&security=1601& news_iv_ctrl=1761 - broken link)

"What is eye-opening is the scope of interest groups that have been involved in lobbying Congress on immigration policy, how much money these interest groups spend on lobbying in Washington, and how little of it is directed toward promoting the public interest."

The illegal alien / open borders lobby - The Dustin Inman Society - Secure American Borders - Enforce American laws

GOOD LINK^^^^^^^

I find this very interesting.....The suit further contends that the company violated federal racketeering laws by conspiring with National Council of La Raza and League of United Latin American Countries not to question the employment applications of anyone with a Hispanic surname

Why weren't these two Hispanic advocate's groups prosecuted?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Wal-Mart settles illegal worker suit for $11 million - Mar. 18, 2005

250 workers arrested at Wal-Mart on immigration charges - Oct. 23, 2003

USATODAY.com - Affidavit says Wal-Mart execs knew of illegal workers

"A pair of senior Wal-Mart executives knew cleaning contractors were hiring illegal immigrants, many of whom were housed in crowded conditions and sometimes slept in the backs of stores, according to a federal agency's affidavit."

Tyson Foods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2001, Tyson was charged with conspiracy to smuggle undocumented workers to work on its production lines. Tyson plant managers arranged for delivery of illegal workers with undercover immigration officials. Prosecutors alleged that the conspiracy to import workers dates back to 1994 when plant managers began to find it difficult to fill positions with "cheap legal help". Of the six managers who were indicted, two accepted plea bargain deals, and one committed suicide one month after being charged. In March 2003, a federal jury acquitted Tyson of having knowingly hired illegal immigrants.[17][18]
In May 2006, Tyson suspended operations at nine plants during a nationwide day of immigration demonstrations citing expected lack of workers.[19]
In October 2006, a federal judge granted class-action status to a lawsuit brought by Tyson employees who allege that Tyson's practice of hiring illegal immigrants depresses wages 10–30%. The suit further contends that the company violated federal racketeering laws by conspiring with National Council of La Raza and League of United Latin American Countries not to question the employment applications of anyone with a Hispanic surname.[20][21][22]

http://www.wehirealiens.com/index.asp

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-02-08/news/28550637_1_chipotle-burrito-immigration-policy

Quote:

GOOD LINK^^^^^^^

Wal-mart used contractors that were using illegal labor? That's not quite wal-mart (big business/corporations) hiring illegals. It is mostly small business where illegal aliens work due to having documents that must be accepted due to I-9 requirements. Most illegal aliens are hired indirectly by Big Business. The 2 Wal-mart executives may have known, however there would be very little they could do about it, contracts have a funny way about them. Learn the laws.

As for Tyson, those plant managers were the same ethnicity and exploiting illegals. A plant manager is not "Big Business". You seem confused simply due to Tyson itself being a corporation.

Your Filipina link is nothing but opinionated rhetoric.

The rest of your links are but groups promoting immigration or amnesty and aren't quite doing what you are claiming, since if they were given amnesty they would possibly attain upward mobility and increase their pay to becoming legalized which is against what you are stating.

While I know of all the links you used, as I have reported a couple businesses on WeHireAliens.com--Illegal Alien Employer Database brought to you by the FIRE Coalition, even DA King's Dustin Inman Society is only using guilt by association on your link, all on his link are for amnesty, not the continued arrival of illegal aliens which you still haven't answered my question: How does the "lobbyist" invite illegal aliens here?

You would do better to argue that illegals come as a "rite of passage" and for their own economic gain. They get employed through the "I know a guy" or "I have a relative" network. Small business does most of the hiring of illegal aliens, and most are of the same ethnicity and do nothing but exploit them.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 03-23-2012 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-23-2012, 12:09 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times
Quote:
Why would a church be describing illegal aliens within its sermons, etc., etc., etc.?
I don't think this involves sermons. However, when the controversial AZ law was making headlines, one of the provisions included in the law was making (at least some) churches uncomfortable: a threat of prosecution by the state government for knowingly allowing "illegal aliens" to be around. A pastor explicitly took offense to that idea, suggesting that the church doors are open to all. And that was the best thing I'd heard from a church in a long time.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,473,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
illegal alien is the proper term and that church as well as all like it has gone against the teachings of the bible that they are said to uphold.
Right is wrong, wrong is right, up is down, down is up.

Keep telling yourself that over, and over, and over again, and not only will you start to believe it, it acts like mercury and rolls all over the place and gets stuck in cracks and corners and you almost can't eliminate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration