Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:01 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,018 times

Advertisements

Churches should admonish their parishoners to examine their conscience, and live their lives according to what they know is right. They shouldn't get into the specifics of what to call someone, or not to call them, who to vote for, or not vote for, what laws they see as unfair, and which they don't, etc. In other words, stick to religion, and leave the secular world to others, or admit they're no longer a strictly religious entity, and start paying taxes.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:34 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,358,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Churches should admonish their parishoners to examine their conscience, and live their lives according to what they know is right. They shouldn't get into the specifics of what to call someone, or not to call them, who to vote for, or not vote for, what laws they see as unfair, and which they don't, etc. In other words, stick to religion, and leave the secular world to others, or admit they're no longer a strictly religious entity, and start paying taxes.
I agree wholeheartedly. Churches should not be making political statements or trying to sway their parishioners to adhere to a certain political view. What happened to separation of church and state?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
Churches have guided our societies and formed as much of the boundaries that we use to interact with each other as much as government. Many prior societal ills would not have been solved without the influence of the church. Of course there has been conflicts brought about from the influence of church in our lives, but I believe the overall effect has been positive.

I would hope that we would continue to listen to their message...

Old 04-07-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Churches have guided our societies and formed as much of the boundaries that we use to interact with each other as much as government. Many prior societal ills would not have been solved without the influence of the church. Of course there has been conflicts brought about from the influence of church in our lives, but I believe the overall effect has been positive.

I would hope that we would continue to listen to their message...
Their message shouldn't be to demand usage of PC language for lawbreakers. In immigration law they are referred to as illegal aliens. It is and proper name for them. Alien = foreigner. Illelgal = foreigner here illegally. What church refuses to call thieves...thieves, etc.?

Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Their message shouldn't be to demand usage of PC language for lawbreakers. In immigration law they are referred to as illegal aliens. It is and proper name for them. Alien = foreigner. Illelgal = foreigner here illegally. What church refuses to call thieves...thieves, etc.?
Maybe you need to read the referenced article:

Quote:
...The church’s formal policy — which began March 12 — will forbid members to use the word "illegal" when describing undocumented immigrants in sermons, church services, church bulletins or any of its publications...
Doesn't how a church is affiliated change what doctrine is used within that church? It's for their own internal usage. I don't know how I can see some of the representations of a church like are used here, or just what they are expected to be.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe you need to read the referenced article:

Doesn't how a church is affiliated change what doctrine is used within that church? It's for their own internal usage. I don't know how I can see some of the representations of a church like are used here, or just what they are expected to be.
Their agenda is clear. They are sympathizers to illegal aliens. What illegals do is blantantly immoral and unlawful. The church is trying to white-wash immorality by demanding PC terms for these lawbreakers. Sorry you don't agree but that comes as no surprise.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
...The church is trying to white-wash immorality by demanding PC terms for these lawbreakers...
Quite a concept I haven't heard before...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Quite a concept I haven't heard before...
You haven't noticed the white-washing of illegal immigration and the rightful and lawful terms for the violators by the defenders and sympathizers of illegal aliens all over our nation? Evidently it has even infiltrated our churches now. Small battles won by the anti-American crowd but in the end law abiding Americans will prevail.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
...Small battles won by the anti-American crowd but in the end law abiding Americans will prevail.
Without churches seemingly...

Old 04-07-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Without churches seemingly...
Don't you think that churches should follow the rule of law and not aid and abet illegal aliens or demand that only PC language should be used to describe them? Oh, forget it. Why am I asking you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration