Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:08 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,347,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Not really that amazing,youth unemployment has risen 1% in the last 12 years and you are attributing this to the tens of millions of supposed illegals walking in and taking these jobs our youngsters would normally do? Could be many reasons for that 1% rise in youth unemployment one of which is they are probably staying in school longer due to the job markets demand for higher education requirements
I was under the impression these illegals got everything for free why would they bother with taking paltry minimum wage jobs from kids?
What they get for free is from giving birth on our soil. It supplements their income from these low paying jobs. You are in serious denial if you think that illegal aliens aren't working jobs that our American youth and adults have always done.

Not all Americans go to college or can afford to. Many Americans prefer learning a trade and doing blue collared work. That is where the negative impact is on our workforce from cheap, illegal labor. The bare minimun entry level jobs our youth need and have always been willing to do. Adults have always done construction work and yet that job market has been flooded with illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,474,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Adults have always done construction work and yet that job market has been flooded with illegal aliens.
So how many illegal aliens are we talking about in the USA? as from what i'm hearing on this forum the picture painted is the flood gates are open and they are pouring in by the millions to take American jobs and avail themselves of American entitlements.
50 million?
100 million?
More?

Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,474,587 times
Quote:
So how many illegal aliens are we talking about in the USA? as from what i'm hearing on this forum the picture painted is the flood gates are open and they are pouring in by the millions to take American jobs and avail themselves of American entitlements.
50 million?
100 million?
More?
For the amount of hysteria going on about the invasion of illegals i wouldnt have thought this to be a hard question, maybe there are extremely few actual illegals and some news or political media are telling us the sky is falling concerning illegals to distract our attention from more important issues,like whats the Republican game plan to bring jobs back to the USA?,or what are they going to do to pay off the debt? so far i havent heard anything about their plans if they do in fact win the upcoming election, but i have heard much about Illegals, Same sex couples,the evils of Obamacare, Global warming, food stamps, Kenyan Communists out to destroy the country, hate your President for everything he does. etc.
The deflection game played to perfection methinks.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,080,842 times
Quote:
Not really that amazing,youth unemployment has risen 1% in the last 12 years and you are attributing this to the tens of millions of supposed illegals walking in and taking these jobs our youngsters would normally do? Could be many reasons for that 1% rise in youth unemployment one of which is they are probably staying in school longer due to the job markets demand for higher education requirements
I was under the impression these illegals got everything for free why would they bother with taking paltry minimum wage jobs from kids?
employment to population ratio of given age to include not counting those who either never entered the labor force or those who fell out of it.

Quote:
50 million?
100 million?
More?
You are being overly melodramatic on purpose, based on your obvious bias and ideology.

Quote:
For the amount of hysteria going on about the invasion of illegals i wouldnt have thought this to be a hard question, maybe there are extremely few actual illegals and some news or political media are telling us the sky is falling concerning illegals to distract our attention from more important issues,like whats the Republican game plan to bring jobs back to the USA?,or what are they going to do to pay off the debt? so far i havent heard anything about their plans if they do in fact win the upcoming election, but i have heard much about Illegals, Same sex couples,the evils of Obamacare, Global warming, food stamps, Kenyan Communists out to destroy the country, hate your President for everything he does. etc.
The deflection game played to perfection methinks.
What I 've noticed about you is that you like to play the number statistic game. The funny thing about numbers is they are easily manipulated.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Illegals are not allowed to vote,you have to be an American citizen to exercise that privilege.
And how do you prove you are a citizen in order to vote? Some states require ID while others do not. There have been cases where illegals have voted, to include legal immigrants (who also by the way are not allowed to vote). Whether they are in significant numbers or not doesn't matter. You Progressives don't want voter ID laws to verify that only US Citizens vote.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:23 PM

3,503 posts, read 3,151,232 times
Quote:
50 million?
100 million?
More?
What kind of jobs are people talking about anyways? Every job I've ever worked, I've had to provide proof of my eligibility, so what jobs are these people taking from us? Under the table jobs that aren't even figured into our employment statistics? In other words, jobs that most of us would ever even consider seeking, let alone be losing out on.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
As for their need in agriculture? i'm sure many of the farms in Florida would be out of business without people out in the fields picking that produce, those people i see out there look to be hispanics ,whether they are illegals or not i have no idea.

As for all of Americas problems? I'd wonder about the logic of shipping millions jobs overseas then calling those Americans who now can not find jobs the problem if they are taking advantage of social programs,to fix Americas problems its going to take money and job creation something people on welfare or collecting food stamps are ill equipped to do much about.
Many of those field hands can be replaced with machinery if need be. Less than 50% of farm workers are illegals and only 3% of illegals work in the farm field.

Your arguments are but Progressive talking points de jur (already debunked in the media).

Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM

3,503 posts, read 3,151,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
here is an interesting statistic that i just came across a few days ago:

The number of U.S.-born youths not working in the summer has increased by 7.3 million since 2000.

that's an amazing statistic, and it shows that obviously their job opportunities are being diverted. (and it shows that the problem has been going on for a while now, so it's not just a democratic failure).
You don't think that the reason youths are working less has anything to do with the fact that we've raised a generation of overly entitled "gimme gimme" slackers? A lot of parents don't want their precious little snowflake lowering themselves to fast food work. Heaven forbid, they might get their hands dirty.

Also, how is an illegal going to get a job at McDonalds (for example) when they can't prove eligibility to work in the US?

Old 07-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
What kind of jobs are people talking about anyways? Every job I've ever worked, I've had to provide proof of my eligibility, so what jobs are these people taking from us? Under the table jobs that aren't even figured into our employment statistics? In other words, jobs that most of us would ever even consider seeking, let alone be losing out on.
I suggest you do your research. How many illegals use forged/faked SS numbers to work (eligibility proof to work)? According to the IRS approx. 8M. The rest probably do work under the table for cash, those are the ones you see in front of the Home Depot or Lowe's parking lots running to trucks that pull into the parking lot for day work.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
You don't think that the reason youths are working less has anything to do with the fact that we've raised a generation of overly entitled "gimme gimme" slackers? A lot of parents don't want their precious little snowflake lowering themselves to fast food work. Heaven forbid, they might get their hands dirty.

Also, how is an illegal going to get a job at McDonalds (for example) when they can't prove eligibility to work in the US?
Do your kids know that you talk about them like that? or are you referring to yourself and how you were raised?

.... ... At Least 56 Arrested in Immigration Raids at McDonald's | Fox News
Quote:
The investigation began five months ago and was sparked by an identity theft complaint, Rocha said.
Research should be your friend.....clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration