Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:38 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,151,598 times

Advertisements

Your reading comprehension has failed you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Again it seems you missed the point. As I stated from the beginning, a US Birth Certificate and being born on US soil is not enough proof to be a US citizen. Look, this guy even submitted baptismal and school records and was still denied citizenship. His proof, according to you in all your comments and your links, should have been sufficient, remember you kept insisting that everyone born on US soil was by virtue of birth a US Citizen, funny how now you are claiming to have been right all along. So thanks for finally agreeing with me, it wasn't hard it just took you a while.

Now why do you think his documents were suspect? ANSWER: because his mom was an illegal who gave birth through a mid-wife supposedly on this side of the border. The mid-wife even submitted the documents to Hidalgo County correctly and he was still denied US Citizenship even after producing a birth certificate, Baptismal records and school records. It doesn't get any more simple or plain than that.
Until he was approved for a U.S. passport (top of page 4) almost three and a half years ago:

Quote:
On or about February 24, 2009, Plaintiffs Juan Luis Flores, David Hernandez, and Juan Aranda received their U.S. passports...

How did you determine his mother was an illegal alien?...

Old 07-07-2012, 05:00 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,477,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Because it doesnt fit with their agenda. They NEED these people as voters. .
Illegals are not allowed to vote,you have to be an American citizen to exercise that privilege.
As for illegals being free riders? working out in the fields all day or being some ones household slave or doing many other menial jobs that seem to be beneath most Americans doesnt strike me as free ride,and much as many people would like to rid America of all these illegals its a necessary evil if you want all your produce picked and not rot on the vine or you want a whole demographic of low wage laborers to do the menial stuff.
If America wants to rid itself of illegals then Americans should start doing the jobs the illegals are doing that way there'll be nothing for them to come up here for.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:05 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,949,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Illegals are not allowed to vote,you have to be an American citizen to exercise that privilege.
As for illegals being free riders? working out in the fields all day or being some ones household slave or doing many other menial jobs that seem to be beneath most Americans doesnt strike me as free ride,and much as many people would like to rid America of all these illegals its a necessary evil if you want all your produce picked and not rot on the vine or you want a whole demographic of low wage laborers to do the menial stuff.
If America wants to rid itself of illegals then Americans should start doing the jobs the illegals are doing that way there'll be nothing for them to come up here for.
illegals may not be allowed to vote, but that doesn't mean that they don't.

if you don't have to show ID when you go to vote, you could be anybody from anywhere voting.

ask most americans if they even care if the fruit rots on the vine if the cost of that is supporting generations of lower socioeconomic workers, dragging the rest of the economy down with them.

if the farmers want the fruit picked, they can pay more and they will get workers. (and they need to advertise as well), or they can run a smaller farm themselves and do their own labor. it's that simple.

i don't know what you see, but i see america in decline. i see pawn shops and gold buying places everywhere, along with cash advance shops-taking the place of regular mom-and-pop businesses. I see more people waiting at bus stops and riding bicycles everywhere. I see people using EBT cards everywhere, including fast-food drive-thrus. I saw one person who tried to present 2 different cards in front of me at Mcdonalds, had their cards declined, and then drove away when asked if they would like to pay another way.

there is a rising welfare state, and a declining work state-and yet these jackass legislators would bring MORE people in, and that isn't the direction most americans want to go. americans like their freedom of choice, and won't adapt well to what is coming thanks to our "globalist agenda" leaders, and dragging our country down is NOT a plan.

Last edited by floridasandy; 07-07-2012 at 06:16 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Since there are no voter ID laws in many states there is much evidence that some illegal aliens do vote even though they have no right to. It is mostly Hispanic-Americans that are being pandered to for their votes by the Democrats. That means they have to thumb their noses at our immigration laws in order to appease them. What does that say about about either group?

Ok, once again the crop picking argument will have to be debunked. Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for foreign, legal agricultural workers. There are hardly any jobs that are beneath Americans to do. They just won't do them for slave labor wages. Americans can't even get hired for those jobs anymore unless they speak Spanish and are willing to work for less than a fair wage. So you are way off in your assessment of this situation. As I said, it isn't about Americans not willing to do blue collared jobs it is just that they demand a fair wage and since this country has been flooded with illegal alien Spanish speakers Americans are being discriminated against in hiring practices for not knowing how to speak Spanish. Know what you are talking about before spouting off.

No one drags these illegal aliens here to work. They know fully well that they are breaking the law by coming here in the first place and then taking jobs they aren't entitled to. They are just as guilty as the employers who hire them.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

No one drags these illegal aliens here to work. They know fully well that they are breaking the law by coming here in the first place and then taking jobs they aren't entitled to. They are just as guilty as the employers who hire them.
And if found out they get deported,, you really think they are going to risk it all just to go and vote? i think the amount of illegals voting are an insignificant number.
As for their need in agriculture? i'm sure many of the farms in Florida would be out of business without people out in the fields picking that produce, those people i see out there look to be hispanics ,whether they are illegals or not i have no idea.
Americans doing menial jobs if paid a good wage?, perhaps but what would that decent wage be?,if minimum wage many on the right are calling for the abolition of the minimum wage, a union wage?many on the right are calling for the abolition of all unions, so whats a fair wage that would induce Americans into doing these jobs the supposed illegals are doing, some one has to do these jobs.
As for all of Americas problems? I'd wonder about the logic of shipping millions jobs overseas then calling those Americans who now can not find jobs the problem if they are taking advantage of social programs,to fix Americas problems its going to take money and job creation something people on welfare or collecting food stamps are ill equipped to do much about.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
And if found out they get deported,, you really think they are going to risk it all just to go and vote? i think the amount of illegals voting are an insignificant number.
As for their need in agriculture? i'm sure many of the farms in Florida would be out of business without people out in the fields picking that produce, those people i see out there look to be hispanics ,whether they are illegals or not i have no idea.
Americans doing menial jobs if paid a good wage?, perhaps but what would that decent wage be?,if minimum wage many on the right are calling for the abolition of the minimum wage, a union wage?many on the right are calling for the abolition of all unions, so whats a fair wage that would induce Americans into doing these jobs the supposed illegals are doing, some one has to do these jobs.
As for all of Americas problems? I'd wonder about the logic of shipping millions jobs overseas then calling those Americans who now can not find jobs the problem if they are taking advantage of social programs,to fix Americas problems its going to take money and job creation something people on welfare or collecting food stamps are ill equipped to do much about.
Then ignore the fact that there is much evidence that some do vote. I really don't care. They aren't risking anything since Obama has directed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are convicted felons.

Why would farms go out of business without illegal agricultural workers when there are unlimited visas for legal ones? Construction use to pay a decent wage but since illegal aliens have flooded that job market they no longer do. I don't know of anyone who has claimed that illegal immigration is sum of all of American's problems. However it certainy is one of the things that ails us. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are hurting American job prospects. Until we put a stop to both Americans are going to find themselves unemployed and depending on welfare programs to support themselves. I don't know about you but that isn't good for them or our country.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,949,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then ignore the fact that there is much evidence that some do vote. I really don't care. They aren't risking anything since Obama has directed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless they are convicted felons.

Why would farms go out of business without illegal agricultural workers when there are unlimited visas for legal ones? Construction use to pay a decent wage but since illegal aliens have flooded that job market they no longer do. I don't know of anyone who has claimed that illegal immigration is sum of all of American's problems. However it certainy is one of the things that ails us. Both illegal immigration and outsourcing are hurting American job prospects. Until we put a stop to both Americans are going to find themselves unemployed and depending on welfare programs to support themselves. I don't know about you but that isn't good for them or our country.
i like your post.

here is another sad number with the rising welfare statistics for those who are interested (from my budget 360, with graphs):

http://www.mybudget360.com/financial...tamps-walmart/

The financial benefits of food stamps – Record $78 billion worth of food stamps issued in 2011. Select Wal-Mart stores pulled in 25 to 40 percent in revenues from food stamps according to a recent analysis.

(Yahoo) Here’s where the profits come in,” Nestle says. “A vast percentage of Food Stamps’ money goes into the pockets of soda companies and snack food companies…and also the stores that sell these foods.”

Wal-Mart “gets a large fraction of Food Stamp dollars,” which contributes 25% to 40% of revenue at select stores, according to Nestle. “These companies, therefore, have a vested interest in making sure Food Stamps are allowed for any purchase at all.”

The fact that Wal-Mart and Family Dollar are outperforming the S&P 500 by a rate twice as high as the large average should tell you a bit more about the underlying nature of our economy.

think about that, because it is just more evidence that we are on an unsustainable road right now.

Last edited by floridasandy; 07-07-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 AM

OK from your doom and gloom posts i guess we can safely say its over for America as illegals are flooding the country by the millions and taking all the jobs with the governments blessing,in return they get the right to stay here for free,get all manner of social assistance if they dont feel like working with no fear of deportation and can even vote to sustain there own best interests,the welfare state is only increasing in size as jobs arent going to be coming back to America anytime soon if ever,The poor people are destroying the country.. and Obama and the Democrats are the sole cause of this demise..Etc. Etc. Etc.
I'd say a plan-B is in order before the ship sinks completely..
As much as my reluctant move out of America some years ago was tough it now seems to have turned into a blessing in disguise. I got a ring side seat for the sinking.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:04 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,859,864 times
Quote:
OK from your doom and gloom posts i guess we can safely say its over for America as illegals are flooding the country by the millions and taking all the jobs with the governments blessing,in return they get the right to stay here for free,get all manner of social assistance if they dont feel like working with no fear of deportation and can even vote to sustain there own best interests,the welfare state is only increasing in size as jobs arent going to be coming back to America anytime soon if ever,The poor people are destroying the country.. and Obama and the Democrats are the sole cause of this demise..Etc. Etc. Etc.
I'd say a plan-B is in order before the ship sinks completely..
As much as my reluctant move out of America some years ago was tough it now seems to have turned into a blessing in disguise. I got a ring side seat for the sinking.
Where did you move to?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration