Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM

49 posts, read 118,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I've done the yardwork--had my own business with my brother from the time we were fifteen until we were twenty. Back breaking work five to seven days a week, ten sometimes twelve hours a day. Made me a better woman. I've cooked in restaurants, I've washed dishes in restaurants, I've cleaned tables and waited on tables, I've done construction clean-up (there's some hard work) I've worked as a maid in a hotel cleaning up other folk's messes. All before I was 25. I am not an anomaly. I am the norm. I'm watching those kids you say won't do those jobs do them now in the community I live in. Teenage kids are doing yardwork, many of them are working in restaurants, and several of the guys I go to school with are working for the construction crews on campus. As a matter of fact, there is a lot of construction going on in this town right now and guess what? All American crews. What do you know, Americans CAN and WILL do the jobs illegal sympathizers say they won't do. I'm lucky to live in a part of the U.S. where illegal aliens haven't gotten a foothold in the economy.

Get it straight.

There are no jobs Americans will not do. There are many jobs Americans will not do for slave wages.

The fact that you continue to speak of these particular jobs as jobs Americans will not do just shows the rest of us that you have no problem with, and in fact endorse, the enslavement of an entire geopolitical group of people.
great post. and so true. All the jobs you mention above, I work IF I can find a job. What city and state do you live in? Seems like a good place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,159,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I will. Thanks.
I KNEW that wouldn't be your last post.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:05 PM

49 posts, read 118,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
You've just proven my point.

Americans are perfectly willing to do all of those jobs you mentioned. They just won't do them for slave wages. If illegal immigration were not a factor, then wages would not be depressed.

If you think that's okay, then I really don't have much more to say to you as it would obviously go nowhere.

Am I angry over illegal immigration? D*mn skippy I am. I watched my own livelihood be slowly taken over by illegal immigrants as people, like me, who had honed their craft all of their lives were shoved out of the industry in favor of cheap labor and even cheaper products. My story is the story of middle class America.

DITTO

Old 11-30-2007, 06:26 PM

902 posts, read 720,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty704 View Post
Am I angry over illegal immigration? D*mn skippy I am. I watched my own livelihood be slowly taken over by illegal immigrants as people, like me, who had honed their craft all of their lives were shoved out of the industry in favor of cheap labor and even cheaper products. My story is the story of middle class America.

DITTO
So true and it is sickening to even know that other Americans are such criminal illegal lovers like so many in here. They show that they hate citizens and our country.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:25 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,091,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
There is no way your going to convince a young American to do gardening work for 8 hours a day for minimum wage. I'm sorry but if you think Americans are going to fill the jobs illegals now have, your head is in the ground. I believe Americans should have whatever job they apply for, but plain and simple these jobs suck. I've done construction, it's ridiculously soar, you don't do this work unless you have no education and there's no other jobs available.
I agree with Lou Dobbs and other experts, if illegals sent back home Americans qould quickly fill those jobs. Many do not realize that a large part of America is now poor due to illegal immigration effects. It's a big lie that Americans won't do the work and all the rest of the jiberish. By the way, CONSTRUCTION is not for uneducated...it requires skills and experience to do it right. Tradesman in construction are highly skilled as are licensed building contractors. Many young people know next to nothing about the industry.

Old 12-01-2007, 04:15 PM

323 posts, read 743,004 times
I'm sure my son would fill that type of job listed in the other thread (cook)for 14.00 an hour instead of bathing in burnt motor oil, greases and getting cut up by metal shavings for 7.00

Old 12-01-2007, 04:45 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,751,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
I'm sure my son would fill that type of job listed in the other thread (cook)for 14.00 an hour instead of bathing in burnt motor oil, greases and getting cut up by metal shavings for 7.00
Great point, Starwalker!

Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,302,814 times
Well I sure noticed that at one of my favorite eateries, Golden Coral, that the wait staff suddenly became english speaking teenage kids again, shortly after our Oklahoma law went into effect.

A friend of mine who runs a LEGAL lawn service also told me his business has jumped by 30 % since November 1 and he had to hire some more help, all American I might add.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:25 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
well the spanish, french and english been tellin each other to get out of the new world for a long time. did not happen. mexican people are a mix of all 3 so not much point in that huh? anyway the decision of who got to stay and get what was not decided upon precidence but upon who had the troops and arms.
ps we are not the only ones. in strasbourg every friday night french and german guys go at it in the parkin lot to redecide if its a french or german town.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-01-2007 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM

323 posts, read 743,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great point, Starwalker!
Thank you, (Taking a bow) You know what the gist of it is....We have been in the RESTAURANT/BAKERY business for over 40 years including my parents. My children slept on flour sacks baking the breads, cooking the food. Thats what they grew up with so yea, He has EXPERIENCE and can't get paid that much.

I am a Wilton Trained professional Pastry Chef. I had to retire when my wrists went out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration