Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 04:07 AM

424 posts, read 594,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
yeah, i kind of feel that way too. Make sure to vote!
I always do. And Hispanics are becoming the majority, this type of malarkey ad hate for Hispanics in this thread is exactly why the right wing will consistently lose in a few years.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
I always do. And Hispanics are becoming the majority, this type of malarkey ad hate for Hispanics in this thread is exactly why the right wing will consistently lose in a few years.
What hate are you speaking of? Is objecting to illegal aliens and their supporters akin to hate? It isn't only Hispanics that are here illegally or that marry citizens. My views on this marriage topic are the same regardless of ethnicity or nationality.

What has the right wing to do with it? Are you saying that unless a politician is willing to thumb their noses at our immigration laws Hispanics won't vote for them? If so, think about who is actually in the wrong on this issue. It's really not that hard.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:38 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,916,452 times
Quote:
Right wing? Uh; more and more people in 2014, even "liberals", want illegal aliens to LEAVE the US. Sheesh!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Strong words fit the strong scenario.
Thanks for the compliment on the car scenario. Of course you would and so would I. Consequences be damned, a life depends upon it.
Thinking with the heart leads to some pretty major screw ups. The heart seldom weighs consequence against reward.
A good person feels no need to lie, cheat or scam. A good person will find a way to succeed without criminal action.
There is no such thing as an accidental illegal. The closest would be a person brought here as a young child. I don't blame them for violating the law of illegal entry. I do however, blame them for staying after they become adults. Make it right, re-enter legally.
Agreed on all accounts, tinman. I would just add to your last paragraph that these "kids" rarely blame their parents. By allowing these now adult kids to remain here rather than going home and re-entering legally it is rewarding the parents for the initial act of violating our immigration laws. Is there any among them that isn't demanding that their parents be allowed to remain here also rather than returning home and coming back the legal way? No, they want amnesty for themselves and their parents to the tune of millions.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What hate are you speaking of? .
The hate that's the general undertone of this forum. Reading the threads here tend to literally make my skin crawl. You, yourself, may not hate Hispanics but the general tone of this forum and the right wing in general is that their brown skin scum.

There's ways of dealing with immigration as opposed to speaking of and treating people like they're a subspecies, but say that on this forum and you're generally attacked. It happened to me yesterday.

I'm not even "liberal." I was raised politically, religiously and fiscally conservative... But if I do know one thing, is that a lot of things are tipping the scale for the GOP to fall on the losing side of things. If the GOP loses this next presidential election after this Obamacare mess, honestly it'll be hard for them to come back at all. The reason I brought it up on general is that in the 90s, Hispanics had a big support for GOP, bush especially. That's dwindling.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Right wing? Uh; more and more people in 2014, even "liberals", want illegal aliens to LEAVE the US. Sheesh!
Wanting them to leave and acting like they're pure scum aren't one in the same. Take a look around this forum.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed on all accounts, tinman. I would just add to your last paragraph that these "kids" rarely blame their parents. By allowing these now adult kids to remain here rather than going home and re-entering legally it is rewarding the parents for the initial act of violating our immigration laws. Is there any among them that isn't demanding that their parents be allowed to remain here also rather than returning home and coming back the legal way? No, they want amnesty for themselves and their parents to the tune of millions.
This reply reaks of someone who doesn't understand the process of children. I knew one illegal in school who didn't want to be here but didn't really understand his choices. Putting kids in it is quite a complex situation, really.

I just say, think if your child was taken to a different country as an infant, didn't coherently understand the life and language of his parents country but didn't have any options in the new country as a citizen, either. Has to he scary.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,234,166 times
Well I'm married to a very brown skinned legal immigrant now a citizen. Illegals are criminals who feel entitled to special treatment. Some of us have loved ones waiting in line to enter legally. Some of us believe in fair play and the rule of law. 1 thing I know is that you should never reward undesired behavior. What message does it send?
At any rate this thread is about if you have a loved one who wants to marry an illegal. Most of us have pretty much answered the question. I know that I have.
Are illegals scum? Any who are using fraudulent ID are. Any who drive without a license or insurance are. Any who commit violent crimes are. Any lowballing wages are. This is not a victimless crime.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:06 AM

Sure. Again, that's why republicans will be snowballed into a minority in coming decades. I partially agree with you, but calling someone scum and treating them with hostility as their population grow on both the legal an illegal side will and have been backfiring.

FYI: the kid I was talking about returned to his country, came back legally is now one of the most renowned doctors in his hospital. As someone who was once considered scum by you and others who swarm this forum, I'm sure he'd be interested to see this place.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
The hate that's the general undertone of this forum. Reading the threads here tend to literally make my skin crawl. You, yourself, may not hate Hispanics but the general tone of this forum and the right wing in general is that their brown skin scum.

There's ways of dealing with immigration as opposed to speaking of and treating people like they're a subspecies, but say that on this forum and you're generally attacked. It happened to me yesterday.

I'm not even "liberal." I was raised politically, religiously and fiscally conservative... But if I do know one thing, is that a lot of things are tipping the scale for the GOP to fall on the losing side of things. If the GOP loses this next presidential election after this Obamacare mess, honestly it'll be hard for them to come back at all. The reason I brought it up on general is that in the 90s, Hispanics had a big support for GOP, bush especially. That's dwindling.
Apparently you are so blinded by your sympathy for illegal aliens therefore anyone who dares to want our immigration laws respected and enforced is a hater to you. Hispanics only get mentioned in here because they are here in the largest numbers illegally and most of their supporters are Hispanics. Facts aren't akin to hatred either. We've all heard these unwarranted insults in here before even though the word hate was never used or implied by us. Please quote one Republican that called Hispanics in general "brown skin scum". Their objection is to illegals and even at that I have never heard them referred to in that way. There was a recent poster who called us scum though and for no good reason. Guess that's alright though?

What do you call lawbreakers...saints? I don't care if a lawbreaker is a foreigner or a citizen the things they do don't warrant any sympathy from me.

Most GOP'ers are opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty and rightly so. If an ethnic group in this country thinks their group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them it is they that are on the anti-American side of this issue not the GOP. They even feel that blackmailing our politicians into thumbing at our immigration laws for votes is appropriate. The facts are what they are sorry you find facts hateful. What I find hateful are those who think they are above our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration