Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 03:51 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In the first place Reagan was not "my boy". I never liked him and didn't vote for him.

As for Reagan and amnesty---old news. He never should have passed it. Plus, he was lied to by the dems who promised that the border would be secured and that no illegals will ever be able to find work.

Yeah, Reagan said it was "a mistake". So what? Those were words that were too little too late.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Neither party is looking out for Americans.
The only mistake Reagan made was trusting that a Democrat controlled Congress would keep their word and secure the borders. As usual, the Democrats lied and stuck us with millions of illegal immigrants and an unsecured border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 04:01 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is purely about creating a new democratic voting bloc? Hispanics are apathetic voters with lower turnout than any group. They are also not reliably democratic, not at the level of blacks anyway. So the question still remains for me... who wants them here? Sometimes I wonder is it the catholic church? In my area the only reason the catholic church still is strong is due to hispanic immigrants. Most (but not all) of the traditionally italian/ irish churches are empty. A few catholic schools in my area have become completely black (hatian immigrants) and hispanic.
I'm dumbfounded as to why even the catholic church wants them. It's not like they're swimming in money.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:08 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm dumbfounded as to why even the catholic church wants them. It's not like they're swimming in money.
US Businesses lobby for them for one.

Tech giants, private prisons big players on immigration reform - CNN.com

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/issuesum.php?id=IMM

Old 07-27-2014, 04:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
when the law breaks the law there is no law billy jack 1972.
the people of murietta are heroes.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Nobody is bringing a real solution. Not Reagan, Not Bush x2, Not McCain, Not Romney..etc. This is definitely not on Obama for doing SOMETHING.
I disagree. Romney's solution of self-deportation would have worked. If removing the incentives for them to remain here like jobs and benefits wouldn't make them leave on their own then why are they here in the first place? It would also deter more from coming especially if their kids aren't granted birthright citizenship.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:47 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Romney's solution of self-deportation would have worked. If removing the incentives for them to remain here like jobs and benefits wouldn't make them leave on their own then why are they here in the first place?
Repealing the 14th Amendment would certainly help.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:55 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Yet this forum wants impeach Obama? There will be nothing of the sort. At least he is doing something that has already been set by precedent with Reagan.
So repeating the same mistake twice is a solution aka doing something? Why can't that something be enforcing the laws on the books and stop encouraging illegal aliens to come here by refusing to deport them unless they are convicted criminals or implementing e-verify across the board so they can't work here just for starters. Why is the solution amnesty when it failed before and isn't in the best interests of the American people?

Old 07-27-2014, 06:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Yet this forum wants impeach Obama? There will be nothing of the sort. At least he is doing something that has already been set by precedent with Reagan.
What more can be said to convince you Reagan did not take it upon himself to order Amnesty? Will the Republicans try the impeachment? I doubt it, but there is absolutely no way you can compare what Reagan did and what Obama is trying to do..

Old 07-27-2014, 06:50 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
Unfortunately there would never be enough votes to impeach Obama. This impeachment talk from the Republicans is just a way for them to flex their muscles. When the Republicans are in the White House they never care about the debt. They care now that a Democrat is the President. The Republicans never cared about illegals and enforcing labor laws but now that a Democrat is President and is using the illegals to empower their worthless party the Republicans are crying foul. What we have in our country is two parties that are basically one and the same. They both give a rat's behind about the country and its citizens. Their only personal objective is to get rich and make richer their already rich clicks that finance campaigns. It's business as usual.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i love it. he is not a law breaker he is a super hero defying the evil congress and the ignorant public who dont understand it is all for their own good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration