Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:17 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,750,951 times

Advertisements

Its not that is NOT important, just low on the priority list compared to the many more important issues and problems this country currently has.

Illegal immigration has been going on for a very long time and will continue.

It is something to keep the attention of the people so illegal wiretapping , invasion of privacy, and the many other rights we had can be steathly taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 06:58 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,237,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Its not that is NOT important, just low on the priority list compared to the many more important issues and problems this country currently has.

It is something to keep the attention of the people so illegal wiretapping , invasion of privacy, and the many other rights we had can be steathly taken.
Prior to those idiots flying the Mexican flag at their illegal immigrants 'rights' marches almost 2 years ago; few people outside of the American Southwest cared.

Things are different now.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,493,405 times
Quote:

If illegal immigration continues at these levels we will be reduced to a Third World country. No one will possess any wires to tap into and we will have no privacy to invade because we will all be living on top of each other in plywood huts or refrigerator cartons.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,353,403 times
Quote:
Really?

As an Arizona Taxpayer, I object to paying over 1 Billion Dollars for illegal immigrant services

As an Arizonan, I object to overcrowding of our schools due to child who are themselves here illegally taking up space

As an Arizonan, I object to hospitals and clinics being overcrowded due in part to Illegals being treated - for free, when those here legally are unable to obtain adequate services -

To me, and a majority of Americans, Illegal immigration is high on the list of issues. Note, I did not say the top - but high -

Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,672,932 times
It is very high on my list. It has to do with safety and sovereignty of the country. If our government cannot keep us safe or viable, NO other issues matter! Safety First!! Guess I am just a "safety kinda gal"....

Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Really?

As an Arizona Taxpayer, I object to paying over 1 Billion Dollars for illegal immigrant services

As an Arizonan, I object to overcrowding of our schools due to child who are themselves here illegally taking up space

As an Arizonan, I object to hospitals and clinics being overcrowded due in part to Illegals being treated - for free, when those here legally are unable to obtain adequate services -

To me, and a majority of Americans, Illegal immigration is high on the list of issues. Note, I did not say the top - but high -

Why were you not so worried about illegal immigration 5 or 10 yrs ago?

What were you doing about it then?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is very high on my list. It has to do with safety and sovereignty of the country. If our government cannot keep us safe or viable, NO other issues matter! Safety First!! Guess I am just a "safety kinda gal"....

If the goverment keeping you safe were an issue for you what were you doing to make sure they were keeping you safe before and just after 9/11?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If illegal immigration continues at these levels we will be reduced to a Third World country. No one will possess any wires to tap into and we will have no privacy to invade because we will all be living on top of each other in plywood huts or refrigerator cartons.

Illegal immigration has been going on for a very long time and our goverment wasn't interested.
I doubt we will be reduced to a Third World country without phones,computers, etc.
I'm not going to live in a refrigerator carton.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Prior to those idiots flying the Mexican flag at their illegal immigrants 'rights' marches almost 2 years ago; few people outside of the American Southwest cared.

Things are different now.

I believe few people cared anywhere.
Why is it different now?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,353,403 times
Quote:
Why were you not so worried about illegal immigration 5 or 10 yrs ago?

What were you doing about it then?
I was worried about it then

I have been "pounding" on my Congressional representatives - by phone, mail, and in person (in D.C)

I have also worked on the recent additions to AZ laws -

And more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration