Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 09:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And when the government and its alphabet agencies violate legal principles, tyranny flourishes and the least powerful among us, suffer the consequences.

I think this is the one he's talking about. I came across it in my searches ...
The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers
"This amount includes expenditures for public education, medical care, justice enforcement initiatives, welfare programs and other miscellaneous costs. It also factors in the meager amount illegal aliens pay to the federal government in income, social security, Medicare and excise taxes."
Good instincts ... Federation for American Immigration Reform

You're right they can't be biased, however, they can be presented in such away, so as to sway any argument pro or con ... However, there is something that is very basic that I catch each and every time I look this stuff up ...

the complete fiscal impact of providing benefits to illegal aliens cannot be determined, since government revenues attributable to illegal aliens are unknown. Benefits for Illegal Aliens u.s. GAO, 1993

So it stands to reason, the fiscal burden, is an amount that cannot be determined, as well.
Correct. It could be far worse. Error on the side of enforcement of our laws and never error by rewarding unwanted behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 10:26 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
As someone who has done/is doing it the legal way, you should take a long hard look at how expensive and difficult the "right" way is.
Lots of things are expensive and difficult to do the "right" and legal way.

It's expensive and difficult to become a doctor .... shall we just give anyone who wants to practice medicine the OK because it's so hard to do it the right way?

Old 10-14-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
As someone who has done/is doing it the legal way, you should take a long hard look at how expensive and difficult the "right" way is. If once you do that, I guarantee you'll understand the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
I don't agree with illegal immigration, but I do understand it.
Hog wash. Complete and utter nonsense.
If you can't afford the legal path then you can't afford to live here. We allow far too many in that become completely or partially dependent upon the system.

I now live in another country. A large sum of money is required in a bank account for at least 6 months before applying. Then you must demonstrate financial capability to the tune of 28g a year. Thats to show that you can actually afford to live in this country.

After looking at what others require and at the 1+ million immigrants we allow a year, most would see that we are quite reasonable.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:00 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I believe your answer is disingenuous. The solutions you are offering are based on ignoring our laws and really basic principles in immigration. They broke the law, entered unvetted, without merit, don't meet the qualifications for legal immigration. Nobody should want strangers walking in the back door of their house, that's just weird and unsafe. I don't hate anyone, I love America, it's awesome, part of that is because we have great laws and we stick to them. Ignoring them starts to make us more like a corrupt third world country. No thanks. We can't take in all of the world's poor people, it simply doesn't make sense. People that are here and are educated and skilled should go back to their home country and try to make a difference there. To be honest you can keep ranting and raving about "immigration reform" (aka amnesty), we got fooled once, it's not going to happen again, ever.

The comprehensive reform I support isn’t radical, it would be similar to the one that was supported by 46 senators and George W Bush in 2007.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The comprehensive reform I support isn’t radical, it would be similar to the one that was supported by 46 senators and George W Bush in 2007.
Oh you mean the amnesty by any other name? The rewarding of unwanted behavior?
The pay back taxes ? Yeah how do they determine that? There honor system? LMAO

The bill that was a pork buster filled with bribes to get senators to vote for it?
It was a disgrace.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:09 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Oh you mean the amnesty by any other name? The rewarding of unwanted behavior?
The pay back taxes ? Yeah how do they determine that? There honor system? LMAO

The bill that was a pork buster filled with bribes to get senators to vote for it?
It was a disgrace.
A gross misrepresentation of the bill if you ask me, but hey...you’re entitled to your opinion. I just happen to have a fundamental disagreement with it.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:46 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

Where was the reform in it? It was about amnesty pure and simple with another empty promise to secure the border at a later date. E-verify wouldn't even have gone into effect for 5 years after implementing the bill. Fool me once.......

Old 10-14-2018, 03:24 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Quote:
A gross misrepresentation of the bill if you ask me, but hey...you’re entitled to your opinion. I just happen to have a fundamental disagreement with it.
You should be banging your drum for RAISE act if you're truly interested in saving money for tax payers.

Old 10-14-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
No not really. Many if not most of those republicans who voted for the bill were bribed into it. The Dems fought hard to keep E-Verify out of it and settled for making E-Verify one of the last things to be implemented.

It is an amnesty by any other name. No legal immigrant on a temper permanent resident green card would get away with what that bill was allowing illegals to get away with.
Id fraud? Just come clean.
Tax evasion/ fraud? Honor system
driving without a license we will over look that.
claiming to be a citizen for years? We will over look that.
The gang of 8 were soft on illegals and it showed.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:12 PM

1,059 posts, read 831,381 times
Quote:
Also, it costs ICE on average $11,000 to deport one person. Where do you plan on raising $121 billion to deport 11 million people?
Only $11,000 each? That's a good deal. After all, they use resources (public school system, medical services and anything else they can grab) that add up to more than $11,000 a year. Plus they work under the table for cash and pay no taxes. And the taxpayers pay for the services they use.
If I didn't pay taxes, I'd be in great shape financially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: