Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:22 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,287,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Help Wanted: Evaluating Labor Shortages in Manufacturing
"Firms reporting labor shortages in sectors facing larger demand shocks are significantly less able to adjust their production process relative to unconstrained firms. Looking at magnitudes, a firm facing labor shortages in a sector exposed to a one-standard-deviation demand shock--which correspond to an increase in non-U.S. imports of about $2,000--experiences 3.8 percent of a standard deviation lower production and 3.5 percent of a standard deviation lower employment."
_____
Short, to subtract, to take away from ... it does not add.

It does not make sense to me, but maybe it would if I was blind. If you were the person that was not given due process under the law, you would not be blind either. And yes, by accepting this policy process, you are in a fact saying it is okay for those tasked with immigration process to, break the law.

That's okay though I understand it, in more ways than one.

btw: I'm done here ... carry on.
I guess if you can prove the lack of due process instead of throwing a false statement out there.

Arrested does not mean you are guilty of something. They are arrested for suspicion of breaking the law, it's pretty obvious they crossed the border, since that's where they we're caught, crossing the border illegally. When anyone gets arrested they get thrown in jail. We don't throw kids in jail. Therefore the parents are separated from the children. Since they aren't in their home country, there are no family not friends to place the kids at. The parents are charged in a court, the judge either deports them or tells them to come back at a later time to find out their case.

This happens everyday when anyone is arrested. Except that with citizens the cops looks for other family or friends. The border patrol isn't going to contact anyone in any other country trying to find their family. And the illegals home country government sure isn't doing anything to help them either. It is seriously not a hard concept to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 07:54 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Obvious to whom and what jobs? Legal immigration should be based on whether they will be a benefit or a burden to us. Poor, unskilled and uneducated immigrants always end up being a burden.
I’m white collar, educated and skilled...I don’t want immigrants taking those jobs. I want them to take the low skill low pay jobs. They will work their butts off, make a living and then their kids who are born here will go to college and get good paying jobs, that’s how immigration works.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I’m white collar, educated and skilled...I don’t want immigrants taking those jobs. I want them to take the low skill low pay jobs. They will work their butts off, make a living and then their kids who are born here will go to college and get good paying jobs, that’s how immigration works.
Yeah sure. I'll translate what you really meant.

You want to pay low skilled help as little as possible. Their children born here will be welfare rats as will the children born of them. But thats fine because at least you got your grass cut for next to nothing and you didn't have to do it.

Not all people are made for white collar work, I certainly wasn't. Most white collar jocks need us blue collar types just to survive. It's easy to disrespect us working stiffs right? You are so much better. Limousine liberals and their hypocrisy .LOL

How about instead of importing low skilled and illiterate people we pay a living wage to our own people first. Our people will do construction and landscaping. They did where I am from. They simply expect to paid for their efforts.

I know I know, the greedy employer passes on the savings from using illegals to his consumers.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:58 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah sure. I'll translate what you really meant.

You want to pay low skilled help as little as possible. Their children born here will be welfare rats as will the children born of them. But thats fine because at least you got your grass cut for next to nothing and you didn't have to do it.

Not all people are made for white collar work, I certainly wasn't. Most white collar jocks need us blue collar types just to survive. It's easy to disrespect us working stiffs right? You are so much better. Limousine liberals and their hypocrisy .LOL

How about instead of importing low skilled and illiterate people we pay a living wage to our own people first. Our people will do construction and landscaping. They did where I am from. They simply expect to paid for their efforts.

I know I know, the greedy employer passes on the savings from using illegals to his consumers.
Let me translate what your’e saying. Your desire is to mow the lawn of a higly skilled and educated immigrant.

Old 10-17-2018, 02:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Let me translate what your’e saying. Your desire is to mow the lawn of a higly skilled and educated immigrant.
Nah let me help you.
I don't respect anyone and I do mean anyone who advocates for illegals. You limousine liberals are great at pushing the humanitarian crap at the expense of fellow Americans. You won't foot the bill. You won't even pay legals a fair wage, you prefer to hire illegal scum so you can save a few bucks. Yeah you will go to your dinner parties and brag about how you saved money by hiring an illegal. Maybe you gave them some hand me down clothes you were going to throw away anyway.

But hey just think about it. Next time your in that restaurant, being served by illegals and you are condescending towards them, liberals can't help themselves, just imagine how many of them spit in your food before bringing it out.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
That's not how immigration works. The laws are set up to give residency to people that are not poor, are self sustainable, won't be a burden on tax payers and don't have any criminal history. What their American born kids do has nothing to do with anything, it's not in the criteria. Over 1 million people do it every year. Kudos to them for following and respecting our laws.

I do find it interesting that you don't want immigrants taking your specific job. Very hypocritical. I don't care what the background is of a person taking a job, it should go to the best person. Really sad actually if I think about it, the majority of the people I work with are immigrants, you don't want them at those jobs because they are immigrants.

Illegal aliens don't even fit into any equation since they will be deported when caught.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:21 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Unauthorized immigrants* are ineligible for nearly all public benefits. ** ILLEGAL ALIEN

Then later....

unless you believe the chicken before the egg...

Nearly 20 million children in immigrant families could be affected by the policy changes, according to a report by the Kaiser Family Foundation that examined a draft of the new rule that was even broader than the one announced on Saturday. Almost nine in 10 of those children are United States citizens.

So we have a possible 20 million people on the dole because their parents are illegal aliens. Pretty simple math huh?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:02 AM

62,973 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

By immigrants do you mean legal ones? Either way, you keep implying that we need them for low paying jobs when we don't. Our youth, less educated and Americans looking to supplement their incomes can take those jobs and they are.

I disagree, if you are talking about poor "immigrants" poverty usually begets more poverty. Oh, I'm sure some of their kids succeed but a good portion of them won't. That's really how immigration of the poor, uneducated and unskilled actually works.

Once "immigrants" are legalized or given our citizenship they can tap into our welfare coffers to supplement their incomes. In the case of illegal aliens their U.S. born kids bring much more supplemental income to the whole family without their parents even being legalized. That's where most of their welfare dollars come from.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:45 AM

You know what's interesting is that trade jobs used to be desired, there's a lack of people going into trades now because it's been demeaned and cheapened by the illegal alien work force. They undercut everyone else.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
I guess that you've missed the Marriott Hotel workers in cities like Boston who are striking for better pay and carrying signs that read "one job should be enough." These unskilled workers, once they are legally able to live and work in the US are not content to work for minimum wages, or even $15 an hour.

In addition, these immigrant workers want more money, but at the same time have no interest in assimilating and adopting English as their primary language or even acquiring better job skills... they just want to be paid more money for doing unskilled work and they don't care about speaking English well. Plus they have large families with many children... all of whom are expensive burdens to our public school systems because these children don't speak English well, can't read English at all, and have no interest in getting a STEM education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
View detailed profiles of: