Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 10:57 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Why would we want to take over any part of Mexico. Thats just dumb, and would be the biggest waste of funds this country could ever make. We dont need it, and its not like its some pristine beautiful place, it is a big unforgiving wasteland.
Are you calling Mexico ugly? Mexico is ugly. Most parts are damn ugly. But some parts are awe inspiring. I guess you've never been to the pyramids next to Mexico city. Chichin Itza? Cancun? Cabo? Pt. Vallarta?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Are you calling Mexico ugly? Mexico is ugly. Most parts are damn ugly. But some parts are awe inspiring. I guess you've never been to the pyramids next to Mexico city. Chichin Itza? Cancun? Cabo? Pt. Vallarta?
The parts we would even consider taking over in the northern part of the country are gross and would be a total waste of American time. That is one case where we wouldnt want to expand our borders because.....why would anyone want to take Mexico's problems under their wing?

Ugh, and the protests. "its our land, whaa whaa" I could hear it now.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
The parts we would even consider taking over in the northern part of the country are gross and would be a total waste of American time. That is one case where we wouldnt want to expand our borders because.....why would anyone want to take Mexico's problems under their wing?

Ugh, and the protests. "its our land, whaa whaa" I could hear it now.
Us taking over any country would be a "waste of time and lives". Look at our invasion in Iraq.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,704,320 times
Quote:
Us taking over any country would be a "waste of time and lives". Look at our invasion in Iraq.
Moreso Mexico. Why would we want that hellhole, there is a reason people are leaving.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Moreso Mexico. Why would we want that hellhole, there is a reason people are leaving.
True dat, but Iraq is even worse.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:39 PM

7,185 posts, read 4,771,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie01 View Post
A decade ago, the very thought of minority in power running for president seem like something in the distant future. However, anything is possible if anyone is committed to lead and that society can support a minority without racial biased. Obama is proof that it's NOT a "White man keeping us down" mentality but that a minority can run for president without much fear. And that change come from all Americans of any races.

What I would like to see is a American-born Mexican (or Chicano/Chicanca) running for president of the U.S. I believe a better relation with Mexico and U.S would help the border issue and soon Mexico will become a better well-developed country to the point people wouldn't need to cross to the U.S for a better opportunity. A Mexican can truly address that in his or her position. What's more - Mexicans are the biggest minority in America who contribute heavily to the economy and it's crucial we need a president who share the "Mexican" experience. As White Americans will become a minority 50-100 years from now, Mexicans will become the dominant race in this country - and I KNOW that a Mexican will lead the U.S sooner or later. Border-issue, illegal immigrants, slave labor, bilingual education, and cultural issues will be resolve in the future. This I KNOW - Mexicans will someday become a majority in America.

It's a darn shame when our current leaders focus so much on foreign issues and policies yet when right in OUR OWN backyard, these politicians are morons who think they know so much about Mexicans. They are OUTSIDERS who know jack about their culture. A real Mexico-America relation will begin soon.

Don't be mad at this because it's true!

I thought we already have a Mexican-American president. His name is
Jorge Arbusto.

However, by the looks of things lately, I don't think he's qualified to make a burrito.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
I'm concerned for you. Concerned that your taking the "reconquista" seriously. We are the most powerful nation on the face of the earth. Let me remind you of that.

Notice the title of this thread. There are those Mexican nationals who are very serious that they are taking over the USA. They don't want an American president.

They don't want the English language, they don't want anything to do with American culture. They have no desire to assimilate and become American. They intend to be a separate nation within our nation until they reach the numbers to take control over it.

They have no desire to stay in Mexico and build it into something liveable, they've decided the best course of action is to abandon Mexico and be given the USA.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They have no desire to stay in Mexico and build it into something liveable, they've decided the best course of action is to abandon Mexico and be given the USA.
Ahh.. where have I heard this.. let me switch the words around..

They [first settlers] have no desire to stay in Britain and build it into something liveable, they've decided the best course of action is to abandon Britain and be given the Britain.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
I'm sitting here right now looking out my living room window at "jesus" across the street looking back at me. We've sold our house and are leaving this once fine American city.
Adios jesus, you lazy mexican who never worked one day in the 4 years I lived here.
Adios typical midwest town sold to mexi-caca by greedy politicians.
You make me sick!
Can anyone else say Racism? Your Xenophobic beliefs are showing

Old 04-12-2008, 03:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times
Quote:
Ahh.. where have I heard this.. let me switch the words around..

They [first settlers] have no desire to stay in Britain and build it into something liveable, they've decided the best course of action is to abandon Britain and be given the Britain.

Well I don't happen to want to be like an Indian -- yes the British came and pushed the Indians out West and you're right, that's exactly what the Mexican nationals intend to do to us. They come right out and say that the gringos must go and they want some kind of pure Mexican nation formed from the USA.

You brought up a good point -- the American Indian is a perfect example of what happens to a people that fails to enforce their borders or enforce immigration laws or have them. Allowing invaders to pour over your border and fail to stop them until it's too late gets you the fate of the Indian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration