Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2008, 10:49 PM

50,564 posts, read 47,399,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Id probably vote for any Mexican-American too.
Just to pi_ss off all the anti-illegals of city-data.

Tony "Villar" for prez!!!!
Boring

I really hope you get to sample the experience I've had with them. Seriously

It ain't all peaches and cream

Old 09-13-2008, 10:55 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,764,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Boring

With Mexican-Americans?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,606,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Boring

He already lives among them. They’re his peeps. Mexicans can do no wrong as far as he’s concerned. That is, unless they oppose illegal immigration.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
He already lives among them. They’re his peeps. Mexicans can do no wrong as far as he’s concerned. That is, unless they oppose illegal immigration.
Mexican-Americans are just like any other Americans.
Mexicans are just like any other humans.
They can do wrong, they can do good. Good and Bad. Everybody.

And like Ive mentioned, I have friends who are in the Border Patrol that are Mexican-American. And theyve done more to oppose illegal immigration than any of you ever have. In fact, they get paid to be oppose to illegal immigration.
Still friends of mine.

But yeah, I do live among Mexican-Americans. Maybe a bunch of Mexicans too. And yes, many of them are my "peeps". Maybe if you lived among us, you'd see we're not that different.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Mexican-Americans are just like any other Americans.
Mexicans are just like any other humans.
They can do wrong, they can do good. Good and Bad. Everybody.

And like Ive mentioned, I have friends who are in the Border Patrol that are Mexican-American. And theyve done more to oppose illegal immigration than any of you ever have. In fact, they get paid to be oppose to illegal immigration.Still friends of mine.

But yeah, I do live among Mexican-Americans. Maybe a bunch of Mexicans too. And yes, many of them are my "peeps". Maybe if you lived among us, you'd see we're not that different.
You have no idea what I or anyone else here may or may not have done to fight illegal immigration. I assure you, I do a heck of a lot more than posting on this forum. Please don't assume you know me.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what I or anyone else here may or may not have done to fight illegal immigration. I assure you, I do a heck of a lot more than posting on this forum. Please don't assume you know me.
For one thing , I don't think you battle illegal immigration any more than someone who puts 50 hours a week (or more with overtime) enforcing the border. It just isn't possible with the job and kids or whatever.

And second, I was making a point. I am friends with people who are against illegal immigration, who I dont feel are offensive in doing so.

Dont act like you know me by saying "mexicans can do no wrong in his eyes". I see plenty of Mexicans doing wrong where I live, just like I see plenty of Blacks doing wrong where I live. But I dont use it against all of them, or blame it on their respective cultures. Because I see and acknowledge a lot of people from those two groups who are just normal people living life like the rest of us.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
For one thing , I don't think you battle illegal immigration any more than someone who puts 50 hours a week (or more with overtime) enforcing the border. It just isn't possible with the job and kids or whatever.

And second, I was making a point. I am friends with people who are against illegal immigration, who I dont feel are offensive in doing so.

Dont act like you know me by saying "mexicans can do no wrong in his eyes". I see plenty of Mexicans doing wrong where I live, just like I see plenty of Blacks doing wrong where I live. But I dont use it against all of them, or blame it on their respective cultures. Because I see and acknowledge a lot of people from those two groups who are just normal people living life like the rest of us.
You can't let go of your obsession, can you? I guess black people are the only example you can ever use. I can’t recall you ever mentioning any other race of people. However, I totally agree…....there are many 'bad' black people.

I find it hard to believe that you are friends with anti-illegals.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
You can't let go of your obsession, can you? I guess black people are the only example you can ever use. I can’t recall you ever mentioning any other race of people. However, I totally agree…....there are many 'bad' black people.

I find it hard to believe that you are friends with anti-illegals.
Ive grown up among Mexican and Black people, for the most part.
And in this case, I'm using them as another group of people who have had a negative portrayal because of the bad apples, when most of them are good folks.

I could mention white and asian people, but I dont think theyve been heaped with the same negative portrayals as criminals quite the same.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:48 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,601,757 times
Quote:
Ive grown up among Mexican and Black people, for the most part.
And in this case, I'm using them as another group of people who have had a negative portrayal because of the bad apples, when most of them are good folks.

I could mention white and asian people, but I dont think theyve been heaped with the same negative portrayals as criminals quite the same.
Nah, just us white trash, redneck, trailer park living, clingin' to our God and our guns, low down, dirty, sheet wearin' racists get that kinda poor-tray-yal ....

Old 09-14-2008, 07:51 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,223,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Nah, just us white trash, redneck, trailer park living, clingin' to our God and our guns, low down, dirty, sheet wearin' racists get that kinda poor-tray-yal ....
Anymore:

Looking at many putative 'Yuppies'* (most of whom are White) who knowingly hire illegals over Americans--------------maybe my being referred to as a 'PW trash/Redneck' is not such a terrible insult

*in particular; I am referring to the $30K millionaire cohort-----------not so much those Yuppies (attorneys, physicians, CPA's, etc) who can truly afford to hire appropriate help AKA US citizens/green card holders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration