Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the Southwest "morally" belongs to the Mexicans?
Yes, its their land that we took. 12 11.54%
No, we won it fair and square. 87 83.65%
Not sure, dont really know the whole situation. 5 4.81%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times

Advertisements

No more than Mexico City belongs to the Aztecs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 01:17 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,553,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
No more than Mexico City belongs to the Aztecs.
Or Manhattan Island belongs to the Dutch.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:23 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,549 times
I think we paid $14million.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I think we paid $14million.
It was $15 million in gold, and we assumed over $3 million in debts.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:56 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Do you think the Southwest "morally" belongs to the Mexicans?
Yes.

France should be returned to the Gauls and anyone living in England whose ancestry can be traced to the Normans, who conquered Great Britain in 70 A.D., should leave England and return it to the progeny of the Saxons and Celts.

Also - Italy belongs to Spain because Spain occupied Italy for 400 years. By all rights, the Italians should be Moors.

But wait, the Roman Empire occupied Portugal, Spain, Andorra, the United Kingdom, France, Monaco, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Italy, San Marino, Malta, Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Cyprus, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Sudan, Lybia, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Palestine.

The modern day Italians have decided to follow Mexico's example and stage a reconquista of their own. All who live in the countries listed above are requested to leave these countries and return the majority of the civilized world to the modern day progeny of the Romans who were so unfairly conquered by the Goths, Visigoths and Ostrogoths after the fall of the Empire.

On a personal note, I will be reclaiming not only the lands stolen from the Apache for the sake of my maternal grandmother, but I'll be reclaiming land for for my maternal grandfather as well. He was a MacKinnon from the Isle of Skye whose parents were forced out of Scotland during the Clearances. I will be reclaiming the MacKinnon ancestrial strongholds of Elgol,Carbost, and Castle Moil.

Oh, and since it's likely that my Viking ancestors terrorized, plundered, raped, and murdered my MacKinnon ancestors, I will be demanding reparations from the Norwegian government.

I think that just about takes care of everything.....

Old 07-15-2008, 02:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yes.

France should be returned to the Gauls and anyone living in England whose ancestry can be traced to the Normans, who conquered Great Britain in 70 A.D., should leave England and return it to the progeny of the Saxons and Celts.

Also - Italy belongs to Spain because Spain occupied Italy for 400 years. By all rights, the Italians should be Moors.

But wait, the Roman Empire occupied Portugal, Spain, Andorra, the United Kingdom, France, Monaco, Luxembourg, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Italy, San Marino, Malta, Austria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Syria, Iraq, Kuwait, Cyprus, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Sudan, Lybia, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Palestine.

The modern day Italians have decided to follow Mexico's example and stage a reconquista of their own. All who live in the countries listed above are requested to leave these countries and return the majority of the civilized world to the modern day progeny of the Romans who were so unfairly conquered by the Goths, Visigoths and Ostrogoths after the fall of the Empire.

On a personal note, I will be reclaiming not only the lands stolen from the Apache for the sake of my maternal grandmother, but for for my maternal grandfather as well. He was a MacKinnon from the Isle of Skye whose parents were forced out of Scotland during the Clearances. I will be reclaiming the MacKinnon ancestrial strongholds of Elgol,Carbost, and Castle Moil.

Oh, and since it's likely that my Viking ancestors terrorized, plundered, raped, and murdered my MacKinnon ancestors, I will be demanding reparations from the Norwegian government.

Priceless-----------and, very true!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Quote:
Yes.

On a personal note, I will be reclaiming not only the lands stolen from the Apache for the sake of my maternal grandmother, but I'll be reclaiming land for for my maternal grandfather as well. He was a MacKinnon from the Isle of Skye whose parents were forced out of Scotland during the Clearances. I will be reclaiming the MacKinnon ancestrial strongholds of Elgol,Carbost, and Castle Moil.

Great post! And I want my 40 acres and a mule.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:15 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,849,389 times
As always, great post Kele! I'd rep ya if I could - gotta "share the love" first *sigh*

Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
Quote:
Yes.

nice quick history lesson i think the ottoman empire sits somewhere in the midst of the and the turks

Old 07-15-2008, 11:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
IMO if it belongs to anyone at all, it belongs to the Amerindians. The Spanish took it from them through trickery and genocide then we did the same to the Hispanics..not to mention what was done to the Amerindians by the Anglos.
not only the anglos, but the french, spanish(florida, carolinas, alabama?) dutch(new york) all european powers took stake in land and had conflicts with natives
the french had huge territory called the lousiana territory which stretced from the dakotas to the south, spain held the territory for france but napoleon fighting wars in europe was putting a wedge on things that was gonna be his escape getway or either haiti but they lost that war to the africans. while being stretched thin in aresenal. from what i remember france sold the lousiana territory to america for 60 million. its too much so i'llhave to post link since i cant remember all from class.

i know its wiki but..........

Louisiana Purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
European colonization of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spanish Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
History of Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_colonization_of_the_Americas
French colonization of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Russian colonization of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Spanish colonization of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration