Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2023, 07:30 AM

63,101 posts, read 29,291,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
How do you think my family got here?

(Just kidding)

I pay taxes too, I’m fine with my tax money going to help immigrants.
This topic isn't about helping lawful immigrants it's about helping illegal aliens. Are you confused between the two? Did your family come here illegally? If not then this isn't about them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 07:32 AM

9,469 posts, read 11,228,750 times
"Thank you Xoe Xiden!" they say as they invade and destroy. This is go to prison stuff, paying off invaders.

Old 12-14-2023, 10:46 AM

35,285 posts, read 17,191,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
"Thank you Xoe Xiden!" they say as they invade and destroy. This is go to prison stuff, paying off invaders.
Unless it's under the color of some actual program, such as a contorted construction of SSI.

Old 12-14-2023, 03:31 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,282,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I have no idea if the migrants receive $5000 gift cards, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. I wouldn't be surprised if charities such as Catholic Charities or others, are providing them with such freebies. After all its obvious to anyone that sees these people in public places, they all seem to have phones and some money to spend. Here in Massachusetts that has received several thousand migrants in recent months, some things are becoming blatantly obvious. They all seem to have nice winter coats and always seem to be carrying shopping bags. They are seen waiting for buses and walking in the streets to stores, they are seen in the shopping centers and Malls with bags filled with purchases they made. For people from 3rd World Countries they sure as hell seem to quickly find their way around the area, and spend money or get this that and everything else for free. So that money had to come from somewhere. I know a cashier at a regional grocery store, said they have been showing up in Ubers with their EBT or gift cards and buy the best food. They buy grills to cook in the bathtubs of the motels they stay at, because its to cold outside for them.

Today is the Army Navy Game here at Gillette Stadium in the Foxboro area of Massaschusetts. There are literally thousands of visitors coming to this game, that had reservations at motels and hotels in the state. A certain amount of reservations were all cancelled buy the state, and those rooms were given to the migrants. So hopefully the people with cancelled reservations have found other accomodations, because its a sell out in the hotel world in this state. I would imagine they are booked in rooms as far away as Maine and New Hampshire.

My point is the migrants have received a whole lot more than a $5000 gift card. They have received millions and the money they receive in benefits is so much more than a $5000 gift card. They have displaced people and towns have become financially burdened by them being here. I honestly wonder did our Gov't do this to destroy our way of life, or just what is really going on with all these migrants here. Something is very crooked with this entire border migrant issue. What is scaring me the most is why are the citizens of the US allowing this to continue, and lets face it we are. We complain about it but our words fall on deaf ears with the Federal Gov't. In the case of Massachusetts it falls on deaf ears with our state leaders.
You are 110% right. I stated in another post that I work at a grocery store and see these illegals come in with multiple shopping carts, buying seafood and meat. One of them was rubbing it in other shoppers faces. Now look at what is going on with the drastic raise in our state taxes. Check out the Montana site where they are getting HUGE property tax hikes. They are raising our taxes here in VT also. It may be to pay the expenses for all these people coming into our states.
The store I am working at hires a company called SAS that comes in and changes the products around (you know, to confuse us). Most of them can't speak English. Even the people that clean the floors speak another language. They don't want to learn our language. I'm sorry, but part of being an American is learning to be an American, which is speaking English.
The whole political system needs to be overhauled. I don't trust either party anymore. The Republicans could have stopped this the first year because Biden has the responsibility to keep the citizens safe and he went against the constitution he has sworn to uphold. All of them are profiting from the cartels, it is very obvious.

Old 12-14-2023, 05:16 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,568,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
You are 110% right. I stated in another post that I work at a grocery store and see these illegals come in with multiple shopping carts, buying seafood and meat. One of them was rubbing it in other shoppers faces. Now look at what is going on with the drastic raise in our state taxes. Check out the Montana site where they are getting HUGE property tax hikes. They are raising our taxes here in VT also. It may be to pay the expenses for all these people coming into our states.
The store I am working at hires a company called SAS that comes in and changes the products around (you know, to confuse us). Most of them can't speak English. Even the people that clean the floors speak another language. They don't want to learn our language. I'm sorry, but part of being an American is learning to be an American, which is speaking English.
The whole political system needs to be overhauled. I don't trust either party anymore. The Republicans could have stopped this the first year because Biden has the responsibility to keep the citizens safe and he went against the constitution he has sworn to uphold. All of them are profiting from the cartels, it is very obvious.
I agree the money it takes to support all these people pouring in here, has to be coming from sonewhere. It obviously comes from our taxes, so taxes go up to cover all the expense the migrants are causing. I don't trust any of the Politicians either. Many of them seem to be crooked. Yes there is some crooked behavior going on with our Govt. Your right the cartels play into this, and Politicians are profitting.

Old 12-14-2023, 11:13 PM

4,440 posts, read 1,730,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most conservatives/Republicans don't mind helping our own truly needy through no fault of their own. It's the welfare abusers that they object to. Republicans do object to helping illegal aliens though who don't even have a right to be here.

As for free lunches in school many of the students are provided with it regardless of their parent's income. Is that fair? Those on SNAP benefits are already being provided 3 meals a day on it and then go on to get a free school lunch to? If that isn't double dipping then I don't know what is. The latter is not a topic for discussion in this forum anyway so why even bring that up?
… to show the hypocrisy of the “help the needy and homeless in the US first” crowd.

Old 12-15-2023, 06:31 AM

63,101 posts, read 29,291,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
… to show the hypocrisy of the “help the needy and homeless in the US first” crowd.
There is no hypocricy. Most conservatives and myself included do not mind helping truly needy citizens through no fault of their own. it's the welfare abusers and those too lazy to work that we don't want to help. Either way we shouldn't be providing help to illegal aliens and bogus asylum seekers, period!

Old 12-15-2023, 08:35 AM

5,207 posts, read 3,136,446 times
Quote:
I agree the money it takes to support all these people pouring in here, has to be coming from sonewhere. It obviously comes from our taxes, so taxes go up to cover all the expense the migrants are causing. I don't trust any of the Politicians either. Many of them seem to be crooked. Yes there is some crooked behavior going on with our Govt. Your right the cartels play into this, and Politicians are profitting.
The federal government is running record deficits — every penny spent on this fiasco is borrowed money.

Old 12-15-2023, 09:13 AM

2,040 posts, read 1,330,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Would be nice to see some rightwing initiatives to help the homeless.
There are many such programs, but they're hosted by churches. But they are better defined as being conservative rather than right wing.
They don't think of their programs as political; they think of them as being something their church does.

Old 12-15-2023, 03:33 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,282,395 times
Quote:
When you think about it, our gov't doesn't allow a US citizen to make a penny without taking a portion of it, so there is no way they are going to let the cartel profit from this without taking some in the back pocket. And I have always thought that our politicians were profiting from the drugs pouring into our country. Its easy big money for them. If they were so concerned about the drug epidemic in this country, they could set a drug test mandate to hold a job in our country. They do it for people that work behind the wheel, why not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration