Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM

8 posts, read 5,311 times

Advertisements

I don't see why we don't have a guest worker program.

As long as they can't vote, they can't pump out kids, they aren't able to get free handouts, and we know where they are so we can round them up, who cares?

Unfortunatly, that's too much for Lord Bush. We need to end bilingual education, end birthright citizenship, end free handouts (welfare/health care) which we are forced to pay for, and everything else. I frankly don't care if they work here as long as we kick them out afterwards.

South Africa's mistake was allowing too much migration into South Africa and displacing their population. We're being displaced by the Third World non-White Hispanic flood too, and it's going to make us fall faster than Rome.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 07:10 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,984,422 times
I don't think any response I've seen so far disagrees. They DO NOT do the work Americans won't do. They do the work cheaper and without the employer worrying about troubling little things like payroll tax, social security, unemployment tax, etc. In summary a business owner may hire an illegal so he can afford his new lexus. It's greed at its best (or worst).

It has nothing to do with "doing work Americans can't do". I did some jobs while I was going to college that no-one should do - wash dishes, etc, but I needed the money.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:14 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,984,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningOutOfTime View Post
I don't see why we don't have a guest worker program.
Unfortunatly, that's too much for Lord Bush.
huh???? Bush is endorsing the guest worker program, which I and many others think is to much. Bush is VERY liberal on this issue. Maybe I misunderstood.

Funny story about South Africa since you mention them. I was there about 5 years ago and ventured into Kruger Park and talked to some rangers. For them Mozamique is their Mexico - a troubled country in poverty covered with land mines. Not that South Africa is much better but they have the diamond mines that pay pretty good. So people from Mozambique sneak across the border to work in the diamond mines. Between these two countries, extending the entire border, is Kruger National Park which is about the size or Road Island. So they have to cross Kruger, usually at night. Kruger is full of lions, rhino's, all sorts of nasty animals. Naturally they hunt at night, particularly lions. The ranger says he can't even count the number of Mozambiquians that end up eaten. That's there border protection.

Last edited by Dd714; 01-09-2007 at 07:23 AM..

Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,477,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
huh???? Bush is endorsing the guest worker program Maybe I misunderstood.
A major purpose of the Guest Worker Program is to decrease Illegal Immigration..People spend a few years in the United States..then go back to their country

Old 01-09-2007, 08:39 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,194,561 times
I can't believe we even consider talk show host as having a say. Like the majority of women would vote Oprah for President Who are these women? Oprah nice but, thats about it.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,497,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I'll match your statement with one of my own..

AN HONEST DAYS PAY, FOR AN HONEST DAYS WORK.

Does that answer your question?
Sorry but i don't understand. Can you explain.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:33 AM

14,490 posts, read 26,651,421 times
Lightbulb to clarify-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I can't believe we even consider talk show host as having a say. Like the majority of women would vote Oprah for President Who are these women? Oprah nice but, thats about it.
I was being facetious!. When Hollywood talks about the issue, they use that same quote. Personally I can do my own gardening ( I am not Oprah, so don't have the financial luxury of worrying about how my flower beds look- and place that concern over US immigration policy!)

sunny

Old 01-09-2007, 09:19 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,998,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Sorry but i don't understand. Can you explain.
Really.. you dont understand. Let me see if I can better explain the statement..

You put in a honest day's work, your expected to be paid a fair and living wage for that work.

By Honest days work, I mean you come to work do your job, dont mess around or waste time screwing around, you come in bust your butt get'er done and go home. And for that your paid a fair and living wage.

Does that better explain it?

As related to this topic, the poster is speaking of illegals taking jobs most other Americans are said wont do. What I am saying is Americans would be more willing if you paid an American a fair wage for a fair days work.. Illegals tend to work under the table and are paid far less than what an American would do the job.

I am in El Paso TX, I have seen every plant here jump the border because they can pay a Mexican 5 dollars a day for a job that would be paid $5.15 an hour here minimum.

I have worked Construction, and sheet metal.. these jobs are going to under the table sub contractors filled with illegal labor now, an American can not Do an Honest days work for an Honest days pay any longer in these fields, here anyways.

When I was in High School I was a dishwasher.. was good money, but most kids cant do those jobs no more here, why filled with illegal labor. So they can not learn to put in an Honest days work for an honest days pay.

Couple examples as I see it..

Old 01-09-2007, 09:52 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,497,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Really.. you dont understand. Let me see if I can better explain the statement....
Thanks for clarifying!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,998,779 times
Your Welcome. Glad I could help. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration