Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 04:22 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,707,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
Are you serious!?!

Your seriously going to judge all Americans just because some people in California dont necessarily want the jobs? I know many people who would love to get into construction, my mom cleans houses "6 DAYS A WEEK!" It's not that americans can't do it or don't want to do, but there not going to do for cheap like the illegals do.
Yes he is, generalizing Americans yet rants that we unfairly generalize the illegals. I too know PLENTY of people that would do those jobs, my mom has MS and she has an american lady clean her house. Her landscapers are a gaggle of young college kids trying to earn money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 04:29 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,992,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I am a Military DA Police Officer.. If I can get the poster to explain his/her post better.. I will make sure this forum hands over the info on that poster so the law can investigate them for breaking the law. Right now the way its worded is not quite enough for me to kick down the door and scream freeze. =)
Yeah I had a really uneasy feeling about "candlebizlady"'s post. I don't want to presume anything because she was changing between "illegals" and "aliens". To me she was admitting to breaking the law, on the other hand she may have been rationalizing why some contractors hire illegals or carefully phrasing her response.

If the former, she may think she is just doing what everyone else does. In my opinion - I want her in jail! I would call INS in a heartbeat on her and print this as proof, of course that is presuming INS would even do anything, probably not.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:44 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,479,131 times
I stated I only knew what I know of California based on personal observation, I don't know the rest of the Country.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:30 PM

126 posts, read 550,052 times
Well, I'm in So Cali...and, what are you talking about? This is the biggest cop-out I have ever heard!
Where do you get your info? From the illegals you hire? It is unscrupulous business owners and the illegals here on a hand out that are taking away our jobs! I have done plenty of nasty labor jobs that, of course, some priveleged, wealthy, upper class person would not want to do, but here's a news flash: LOWER/POOR INCOME AMERICANS need to support our families, too! And, yes, paying an illegal pennies on the dollar for what you should be paying an American a fair wage for is shameful! And criminal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
From what I have observed in California, Americans do not want the crud jobs illegals pick up? It's not THAT THEY CAN'T DO IT, it's NOBODY WANTS TO DO IT. Who wants eight hours of construction, field labor, cleaning homes, everyday, five days a week? Yes, scary smiley!

Old 01-14-2007, 01:56 PM

178 posts, read 417,614 times
dusesean1986,

Did you know that across the country now, there are not enough field workers, and other low level employees to fill the jobs? Did you know in some areas now, farmers are begging for people to come work in their fields?

The reason why there are not enough field workers and etc, to fill the job openings, is because the illegal aliens have left these jobs, and moved into the construction and higher end jobs.

If some have their way, the displaced American citizens, may become the next field workers.

Should anyone wonder why American citizens have had enough!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:11 PM

11 posts, read 38,754 times
We don't always know who is illegal. If they present a green card, social security card and driver's license, how am I to know they are illegal???

By Americans I meant those born in this country, Hispanics mean either legal or illegal ...

How many of the illegals are paying taxes and paying into social security....something to the tune of 40 billion dollars a year....guess what...they will probably never ever see the social security...

Old 02-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
dusesean1986,
Did you know that across the country now, there are not enough field workers, and other low level employees to fill the jobs? Did you know in some areas now, farmers are begging for people to come work in their fields?
The reason why there are not enough field workers and etc, to fill the job openings, is because the illegal aliens have left these jobs, and moved into the construction and higher end jobs.
Where are the homeless and starving American Citizens? I guess we need the 'criminals.'

Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,195,139 times
Quote:
From what I have observed in California, Americans do not want the crud jobs illegals pick up? It's not THAT THEY CAN'T DO IT, it's NOBODY WANTS TO DO IT. Who wants eight hours of construction, field labor, cleaning homes, everyday, five days a week? Yes, scary smiley!
Some how I missed this statement. Sorry, dusesean Cleaning hoses is my profession. No, I don't like it but, it put shoes on the kids feet. I clean about 4-5 days a week 3-7hrs a day. Just depending on my work load. You don't know what people out here do for a living.
I suggest you leave your comfort zone and live in a state with out family and lets see the jobs you have to get. Because, believe me pizza delivery is not going to get it!!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Some how I missed this statement. Sorry, dusesean Cleaning hoses is my profession. No, I don't like it but, it put shoes on the kids feet. I clean about 4-5 days a week 3-7hrs a day. Just depending on my work load. You don't know what people out here do for a living.
I suggest you leave your comfort zone and live in a state with out family and lets see the jobs you have to get. Because, believe me pizza delivery is not going to get it!!
Congratulations! You work hard for your family. Why should illegal immigrants not deserve the same respect? Because they are illegal or because they are human.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:11 PM

332 posts, read 451,378 times
Quote:
Congratulations! You work hard for your family. Why should illegal immigrants not deserve the same respect? Because they are illegal or because they are human.
If they can't respect us and our laws, than why should we respect them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration