Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:45 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,191,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The only jobs with half the pay are Construction, Agriculture, and other Physical Services, where illegal immigrants slip underneath the legal rug. There are thousands of other jobs this country has to offer that illegal immigrants have no part of, where wages are not cut or split, Americans have plenty of opportunities of work.
Yeah, but this is not your job or your field of work so, you could careless that other American citizens are losing there jobs. Your safe at what you do. You don't get it they are taking American jobs weather you would do them or not there are people out there doing these jobs and have been out there doing these jobs. Now, they are taking pay cuts and some are not fortunate enough or young enough to go back to school to learn a new trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,369,335 times
Let's face it, this whole thread is based on the assumption that there are Americans standing in line for a job that is given to an illegal immigrant in all locations. Maybe in some areas that is the case, but it isnt happening in every area. Pick up a paper and read the want ads. If you see want ads, then that means there are jobs. Looks like the illegals didnt get them all.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,683,577 times
When it says Bi lingual needed, it rules alot of people out!!!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Let's face it, this whole thread is based on the assumption that there are Americans standing in line for a job that is given to an illegal immigrant in all locations. Maybe in some areas that is the case, but it isnt happening in every area. Pick up a paper and read the want ads. If you see want ads, then that means there are jobs. Looks like the illegals didnt get them all.
It's more like if it keeps happening there will be Americans standing in line waiting for work. Illegals are not suppose to be here period!!

Old 02-08-2007, 04:31 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,369,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So every want ad in every paper in every location says "Bilingual needed"?

Again, I'm not saying Americans can't or wont do the job, the appearance on this thread is that for every job an illegal immigrant is working that there are lines of Americans standing by to do that job. Which I think is false. How many Americans are lining up to be migrant farm workers? Is there even a line forming?

Old 02-08-2007, 04:51 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,471,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
These are jobs Americans would do and do for 8 hours. Your saying only immigrants will work that long. I guess your wife would have to work!!
I stated Americans can do these jobs, but many prefer not to because of physical extremes and low wages.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I stated Americans can do these jobs, but many prefer not to because of physical extremes and low wages.
Construction low wages hardly if you know what your doing!! Whatever I'm done beating the horse!!See ya on this one!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 PM

355 posts, read 843,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
But illegal immigrants don't speak English-- we all know that one!

Give me a break, being bilingual isn't a negative quality nor is it impossible to achieve. Part of being a responsible member of the workforce is adapting to the needs of employers and employment opportunities. If you are a member of the structural unemployment crowd and the only job vacancies require bilingual workers, then do you insist on remaining monolingual to (insert-ridiculous-excuse) or do you acquire the skills necessary to be employed?

There is a difference between there being a shortage of jobs with plenty qualified laborers and a shortage of qualified laborers with plenty jobs.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:46 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,683,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
But illegal immigrants don't speak English-- we all know that one!

Give me a break, being bilingual isn't a negative quality nor is it impossible to achieve. Part of being a responsible member of the workforce is adapting to the needs of employers and employment opportunities. If you are a member of the structural unemployment crowd and the only job vacancies require bilingual workers, then do you insist on remaining monolingual to (insert-ridiculous-excuse) or do you acquire the skills necessary to be employed?

There is a difference between there being a shortage of jobs with plenty qualified laborers and a shortage of qualified laborers with plenty jobs.
Well I guess I am sort of tri-lingual, but not much call for German or gaelic ( my grandmother taught me) And it has nothing to do with the illegals speaking English, we are suppose to accomidate them remember!!! And I guess then they need to be a responsible member of the workforce as well and learn some english to accomidate other people , shouldnt be just US.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:42 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,471,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Construction low wages hardly if you know what your doing!! Whatever I'm done beating the horse!!See ya on this one!!!
The only people who are paid well in Construction are the architects, the contractor, and the foreman(s) who oversee the particular tasks and their particular guys. I was referring to the jobs illegal immigrants took, which are the blue collar tasks. No offense, but my last question talked about low wages and physical hardship as a turn off for white workers in the blue collar realm, not the white collar realm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration