Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 05:56 PM

50,531 posts, read 47,308,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Social and economic. They are people, hence "social" and they spend money...hence "economic".

Maybe you should sneak into a college classroom...
Two degrees already, as in no more torture for me. So if I go to Vegas and spend 1000 dollars and bring home 200 but I hit a couple 300 dollar jack pots does that make me a winner?
If Illegals pay a pittance in taxes then they pay taxes but if they are robbing social services far above what they contribute we all still lose.
It's the bottom line, they take more than they give. They like people that think like you in Vegas. They all go home happy thinking they've made money but in fact lost a lot of money so they go back over and over to lose more but thinking they are up on it.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,917,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Two degrees already, as in no more torture for me. So if I go to Vegas and spend 1000 dollars and bring home 200 but I hit a couple 300 dollar jack pots does that make me a winner?
If Illegals pay a pittance in taxes then they pay taxes but if they are robbing social services far above what they contribute we all still lose.
It's the bottom line, they take more than they give. They like people that think like you in Vegas. They all go home happy thinking they've made money but in fact lost a lot of money so they go back over and over to lose more but thinking they are up on it.
Two degrees and yet don't know "socioeconomic"? Yet you don't know the history and demographics of previous immigration patterns and how they pertain to today's immigrants? Yet you fail to acknowledge facts such the rising demographic of Hispanics and other recent immigrants?

To use your Vegas analogy, that would be like being told the odds in a game. Only to ignore the odds and continue on with your intuition. We know the previous patterns. We see the repeating of said patterns. Yet, you don't acknowledge that. What are the odds?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:32 PM

50,531 posts, read 47,308,240 times
Quote:
Two degrees and yet don't know "socioeconomic"? Yet you don't know the history and demographics of previous immigration patterns and how they pertain to today's immigrants? Yet you fail to acknowledge facts such the rising demographic of Hispanics and other recent immigrants?

To use your Vegas analogy, that would be like being told the odds in a game. Only to ignore the odds and continue on with your intuition. We know the previous patterns. We see the repeating of said patterns. Yet, you don't acknowledge that. What are the odds?
You keep saying Immigrants yet can't come to acknowlege Illegal vs Legal Immigrants which is the whole basis of this forum labeled "Illegal Immigration". Illegal Immigrants are mostly an underground Society we are doing our best to rid ourselves of. They take more than they contribute, that is the bottom line. There wouldn't even be a debate about the problems they bring if they didn't cost us dearly.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You keep saying Immigrants yet can't come to acknowlege Illegal vs Legal Immigrants which is the whole basis of this forum labeled "Illegal Immigration". Illegal Immigrants are mostly an underground Society we are doing our best to rid ourselves of. They take more than they contribute, that is the bottom line. There wouldn't even be a debate about the problems they bring if they didn't cost us dearly.
For somebody with so many "degrees" you pose some "interesting" responses. Do you know what an immigrant is? Does the word "immigrant" itself, just by the definition include only legal immigrants? That's great that you can spout unoriginal, canned retorts that don't pertain to the conversantion.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,343,680 times
Quote:
For somebody with so many "degrees" you pose some "interesting" responses. Do you know what an immigrant is? Does the word "immigrant" itself, just by the definition include only legal immigrants? That's great that you can spout unoriginal, canned retorts that don't pertain to the conversantion.
If one is going to use the word "immigrant" then they should at least put the words legal or illegal in front of it. There is a huge difference between the two groups.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:01 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,343,680 times
Quote:

The title of this forum is "illegal immigration" not legal immigration. What does the history of either have to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws TODAY?

The main reason that Hispanics are increasing their numbers and changing the demographics of our country is because of illegal immigration from their ethnic group. No country in the world would roll over and accept their traditional society and culture changing due to an illegal invasion. We even get called racists for not accepting our own genocide in our country in this manner. I am sure that Mexico would object to an anglo, Asian or other ethnic group taking over in that manner. Would that make them racists?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 AM

The title of this forum is "illegal immigration" not legal immigration. What does the history of either have to do with our right to have and to enforce our immigration laws TODAY?

Trends of how IMMIGRANTS assimilate. It's not rocket science. Okay, it's sociology (which ironically, modern sociology was founded in Chicago). So we see the same trends and can roughly see the outcome.

The main reason that Hispanics are increasing their numbers and changing the demographics of our country is because of illegal immigration from their ethnic group. No country in the world would roll over and accept their traditional society and culture changing due to an illegal invasion. We even get called racists for not accepting our own genocide in our country in this manner. I am sure that Mexico would object to an anglo, Asian or other ethnic group taking over in that manner. Would that make them racists?

You didn't understand what I wrote. Clearly you do have an ethnocentrist bend that prevented you from even understanding what I wrote. Hispanics are getting richer as they assimilate more. This defies the two most commonly held beliefs from your types. That immigrants (in general) don't assimilate and that they don't gain wealth over time.

They aren't killing so it's not genocide. Just the shear fact that you use words such as "invasion" and "genocide" indicates to me that you obviously are pretty ethnocentrist and possibly racist.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,487,694 times
Quote:

Trends of how IMMIGRANTS assimilate. It's not rocket science. Okay, it's sociology (which ironically, modern sociology was founded in Chicago). So we see the same trends and can roughly see the outcome.

You didn't understand what I wrote. Clearly you do have an ethnocentrist bend that prevented you from even understanding what I wrote. Hispanics are getting richer as they assimilate more. This defies the two most commonly held beliefs from your types. That immigrants (in general) don't assimilate and that they don't gain wealth over time.

They aren't killing so it's not genocide. Just the shear fact that you use words such as "invasion" and "genocide" indicates to me that you obviously are pretty ethnocentrist and possibly racist.

ROFL! It's 'sheer fact', not 'shear fact'.

Quote:
indicates to me that you obviously are pretty ethnocentrist and possibly racist.
There are those who attempt to conceal their hatred of 'the West' and by default those blue-eyed devils, the white folk, behind all kinds of supposedly intellectual window dressing, but it does not take much for the veneer to wear thin and their true ethnocentrism and racism to show through.

Last edited by andreabeth; 10-04-2009 at 09:41 AM..

Old 10-04-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If one is going to use the word "immigrant" then they should at least put the words legal or illegal in front of it. There is a huge difference between the two groups.
What is the definition of immigrant? Define immigrant. The definition does not include legality.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:59 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,579,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
ROFL! It's 'sheer fact', not 'shear fact'.

There are those who attempt to conceal their hatred of 'the West' and by default those blue-eyed devils, the white folk, behind all kinds of supposedly intellectual window dressing, but it does not take much for the veneer to wear thin and their true ethnocentrism and racism to show through.
Agreed. That basic world view, stated in its simplest terms, is that "our evil deeds, shortcomings, inhumanity, selfishness, and stupid decisions are 'our fault'.....Now, in the case of THEIR evil deeds? Their shortcomings? Their inhumanity, selfishness, and stupid decsisions? Well, THOSE are our fault, too..of course".

This may be a simplistic statement, (on a public forum, what ISN'T ?). Nevertheless, this does explain a great deal of what forms the world view of some folks.

This being the case, I see little chance of ever reaching any sort of mutual understanding. If the West bears TOTAL responsibility for the tragedy of the human condition, what more is there to discuss? And what does that say about the 'non-West'?

It's like attempting to discuss Real Estate law with someone who doesn't believe in the concept of owning private property. You can "discuss all day long", in that case, and you'd get absolutely nowhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration